Monroe, of course...

Default the REAL memorial service @ Jack's home

This was posted previously but I think everybody on the ' cue ng's
except Craig Watts was more wrapped up in what they cooked yesterday
and way too full of booze from toasting to notice...

Monroe just called to let me know he was safely back at his hotel
and to fill me in on this afternoon.
There were at least 100 ( probably more) family, friends and business
associates gathered at Jack's home. Lots of photos, lots of stories,
lots of smiles and more than a few tears. The family proudly showed
Monroe JC's Kamado and thanked him for " mentoring" Jack from
pre-purchase decisions to the last several months as cooking on that K
gave JC so much happiness. Last Friday night JC had a crew over,
cooked what he deemed his best ribs ever and was pleased to see how much
everybody enjoyed themselves.

He left us the next morning.

The family also wanted to express their thanks to all at AFB, ABF and
the fine folks of ARK who posted such loving words- and they were truly
touched by the " Jack Curry Memorial Cookoff and Goodbye Toast" that so
many participated in. That said, I think Monroe emphasized your
cooking over the drinking...

It's time for me to go find that box of Puffs Plus® again.

PS- to the folks at ARK- thank you for making Jack feel welcome so
quickly. He absolutely adored being part of your newsgroup and y'all
helped him have a lot of fun in the brief period he was with you.

Miranda
The Barbecue Widow
Matthew L. Martin

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> This was posted previously but I think everybody on the ' cue ng's
> except Craig Watts was more wrapped up in what they cooked yesterday
> and way too full of booze from toasting to notice...

I don't think the original was ignored. There just isn't a lot left to
say. Thanks for the first (or second) hand report.

Matthew (still sad)

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
F.G. Whitfurrows

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> This was posted previously but I think everybody on the ' cue ng's
> except Craig Watts was more wrapped up in what they cooked yesterday
> and way too full of booze from toasting to notice...

Wasn't too wrapped up. Read it the first time, 3 times. I do appreciate the
update, and hope I didnt offend you by not replying. I didnt actually get
really fulla booze til later in the evening, anyway.

I have my own box of Puffs.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

F.G. Whitfurrows

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> This was posted previously but I think everybody on the ' cue ng's
> except Craig Watts was more wrapped up in what they cooked yesterday
> and way too full of booze from toasting to notice...

Wasn't too wrapped up. Read it the first time, 3 times. I do appreciate the
update, and hope I didnt offend you by not replying. I didnt actually get
really fulla booze til later in the evening, anyway.

I have my own box of Puffs.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner
-cookin' but not wrapped up in the *food*-

Glitter Ninja

"Monroe, of course..." > writes:

> This was posted previously but I think everybody on the ' cue ng's
>except Craig Watts was more wrapped up in what they cooked yesterday
>and way too full of booze from toasting to notice...

I saw both posts, I just didn't know what else to say... thanks for the
update on the memorial. It sounds like it was a great tribute.

Stacia

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> This was posted previously but I think everybody on the ' cue ng's
> except Craig Watts was more wrapped up in what they cooked

yesterday
> and way too full of booze from toasting to notice...

Same here, saw the post, read it a few times and reflected. Wasn't too
boozed up by any means. Like others didn't know what else to add.

Pete Romfh

Glitter Ninja wrote:
> "Monroe, of course..." > writes:
>
>> This was posted previously but I think everybody on the
>> ' cue ng's except Craig Watts was more wrapped up in
>> what they cooked yesterday and way too full of booze
>> from toasting to notice...

> I saw both posts, I just didn't know what else to
> say... thanks for the update on the memorial. It sounds
> like it was a great tribute.
>
> Stacia

Each person shows respect in their own way.
We honored the image of Jack that we knew from his interaction with the
group and what we read in his obituary.
That a few glasses were raised in tribute does not mean that various
expressions of grief were not valid or that people were not aware of the
memorial services.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org

"Pete Romfh" > wrote:
> Glitter Ninja wrote:
> > "Monroe, of course..." > writes:
> >
> >> This was posted previously but I think everybody on the
> >> ' cue ng's except Craig Watts was more wrapped up in
> >> what they cooked yesterday and way too full of booze
> >> from toasting to notice...

> > I saw both posts, I just didn't know what else to
> > say... thanks for the update on the memorial. It sounds
> > like it was a great tribute.
> >
> > Stacia

> Each person shows respect in their own way.
> We honored the image of Jack that we knew from his interaction with the
> group and what we read in his obituary.
> That a few glasses were raised in tribute does not mean that various
> expressions of grief were not valid or that people were not aware of the
> memorial services.

Definitely!

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/