Cam

Can I suggest we all give our loved ones a good squeeze tonight.

Cam

Piedmont

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

I just did a google search on Jack, he posted at least 1,060 times on
AFB! I never met the man but I too learned from him.
I'll be browsing and reminiscing some of those olds posts by Jack
tonight. Tear in eye.

--
Mike Willsey (Piedmont)
"The Practical Bar-B-Q'r!"

Charities; Oxfam GB: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/about_us/index.htm,
Operation Smile: http://www.operationsmile.org/

If you or a loved one has thyroid issues, please have their thyroid
checked for radiation levels!

2fatbbq

will miss you Jack!! <clink>

Buzz
"Pierre" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Nathan Lau wrote:
>> Monroe, of course... wrote:
>>
>> > We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us

> know the
>> > sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at

> his
>> > home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would

> let
>> > those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of

> his
>> > death.
>> > We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his

> friendship and
>> > kindness meant to us,
>> >
>> > Monroe and Miranda

> Monroe, thanks for passing the info along. Very sad. He'll be missed.
> PC

Default User

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the

> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at

his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship

and
> kindness meant to us,

While 60 was way too young to go, it sounds like he was happy and
healthy with friends and family up to the end, and there's sure lots
worse things than that.

He'll be missed.

Brian

Steve Calvin

Default User wrote:
> He'll be missed.

Big time. I've had some great exchanges with him. And while I've never
met him. I'll miss him.

My condolences to his family.

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...
sedge laptop

My condolences to his family and friends ... all of us as well.

He'll be missed.

--
Saara

Spud

Wow. A real loss. Haven't dropped in here in a while. Always remember
Jack as one of the straight shooters.

Spud

Pete Romfh

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Default User wrote:
>> He'll be missed.
>>

> Big time. I've had some great exchanges with him. And
> while I've never met him. I'll miss him.
>
> My condolences to his family.

I didn't realize until Jack's obituary was posted that he served with
Special Forces.
While I never met him, he would have served about the same time as I did. It
hurt even more to know a teammate has fallen.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org

AG

been offline for a while and just saw the post,

My heart goes out to his family and those close to him.

ag

Jack Schidt®

"Pierre" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Nathan Lau wrote:
>> Monroe, of course... wrote:
>>
>> > We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us

> know the
>> > sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at

> his
>> > home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would

> let
>> > those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of

> his
>> > death.
>> > We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his

> friendship and
>> > kindness meant to us,
>> >
>> > Monroe and Miranda

> Monroe, thanks for passing the info along. Very sad. He'll be missed.
> PC

Whoa!

I'm in shock - talk later.

Jack

BOB

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Matthew L. Martin wrote:
>> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>>> This sux.
>>>
>>> I consider jack not only my mentor, but my friend. I
>>> had a chance ot meet him last summer while in Florida
>>> and will forever regret letting that chance slip by.
>>>

>> Yeah, I remember the "tough love" administered. Good
>> that it worked.
>>
>> Matthew

> Hell, I'd a never got the hang of good Q'n or this NG
> thing without Jack there to help me through.

What about your name, your capitalization and your punctuation?
You really owe Jack Curry a lot! ;-)

> I'd a just
> become some sorta top postin' trollin' rib boilin' freak
> of nature, for sure.

Fuzzy feet aren't a freak of nature? <eg>

> And to think It was Jack that actually labeled me a
> "God of Barbecue".

You do have your good days. You take a pretty good picture of food, too.

> I'm *never* eatin' a Guinea Pig, though. Never!

Agreed! No matter what they may call it.

> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

BOB

Matthew L. Martin

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Pierre" > wrote in message
> ups.com...

>>Monroe, thanks for passing the info along. Very sad. He'll be missed.
>>PC
>>

> Whoa!
>
> I'm in shock - talk later.

Glad to see you back, even if the situation is sad. Take the time to see
what has been done, here and on the Kamado forum. Jack has been
memorialized, though not as much as he should have been. Good men are
hard to find. He was one.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

Steve Calvin

Matthew L. Martin wrote:

> Jack Schidt=AE wrote:
>
>> Whoa!
>>
>> I'm in shock - talk later.
>>

>=20
> Glad to see you back, even if the situation is sad. Take the time to se=

e=20
> what has been done, here and on the Kamado forum. Jack has been=20
> memorialized, though not as much as he should have been. Good men are=20
> hard to find. He was one.
>=20
> Matthew
>=20

Agreed Matthew and GOOD TO SEE YA Jack!

--=20
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...
Harry Demidavicius

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:08:10 -0500, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Matthew L. Martin wrote:
>
>> Jack Schidt® wrote:
>>
>>> Whoa!
>>>
>>> I'm in shock - talk later.
>>>

>> Glad to see you back, even if the situation is sad. Take the time to see
>> what has been done, here and on the Kamado forum. Jack has been
>> memorialized, though not as much as he should have been. Good men are
>> hard to find. He was one.
>>
>> Matthew
>>

>Agreed Matthew and GOOD TO SEE YA Jack!

Hi, Jack [remind me not to greet you across the airport lounge], did
you finally catch a train, after a long chase? ;0)

Harry
Jack Schidt®

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> Jack Schidt® wrote:
>> "Pierre" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>>>Monroe, thanks for passing the info along. Very sad. He'll be missed.
>>>PC
>>>

>> Whoa!
>>
>> I'm in shock - talk later.
>>

> Glad to see you back, even if the situation is sad. Take the time to see
> what has been done, here and on the Kamado forum. Jack has been
> memorialized, though not as much as he should have been. Good men are hard
> to find. He was one.
>
> Matthew

Thanks, Matthew. A lot of true statements have already been made about our
friend Curry. All I can add is that he made this place better.

Jack

Jack Schidt®

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:08:10 -0500, Steve Calvin
> > wrote:
>
>>Matthew L. Martin wrote:

>>> Glad to see you back, even if the situation is sad. Take the time to see
>>> what has been done, here and on the Kamado forum. Jack has been
>>> memorialized, though not as much as he should have been. Good men are
>>> hard to find. He was one.
>>>
>>> Matthew
>>>

>>Agreed Matthew and GOOD TO SEE YA Jack!

> Hi, Jack [remind me not to greet you across the airport lounge], did
> you finally catch a train, after a long chase? ;0)
>
> Harry

Hehe, yeah, there's still no joking around the airports. I'm still chasing
the steel-wheeled dinosaur whenever I have the time. Good to see ya!

Jack

Jack Schidt®

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
Matthew L. Martin wrote:

> Jack Schidt® wrote:
>
>> Whoa!
>>
>> I'm in shock - talk later.
>>

> Glad to see you back, even if the situation is sad. Take the time to see
> what has been done, here and on the Kamado forum. Jack has been
> memorialized, though not as much as he should have been. Good men are hard
> to find. He was one.
>
> Matthew

Agreed Matthew and GOOD TO SEE YA Jack!

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...

Thanks, and great sig, btw.

Jack

Building a Ebulliometer [email protected] Winemaking 1 11-06-2007 04:37 PM
Building a recipe Debbie General Cooking 26 11-11-2005 04:52 AM
building a smoker A. Kesteloo Barbecue 0 05-09-2005 11:20 PM
Help building a big un. Survivalist Barbecue 4 26-06-2005 12:13 PM
The Spare Ribs have left the building Dana Myers Barbecue 4 18-06-2004 07:04 AM