Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Oldtimers

A few years ago a small group of us got together to celebrate the grand
opening of Daves BBQ in Wenatchee, WAshington.
I was there with my wife Heather and we had a great time meeting people,
Heather passed away on July 17th ending her 10 year battle with breast
cancer, just in case any of you wanted to know.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 20:46:51 -0700, hotair >
wrote:

>A few years ago a small group of us got together to celebrate the grand
>opening of Daves BBQ in Wenatchee, WAshington.
>I was there with my wife Heather and we had a great time meeting people,
>Heather passed away on July 17th ending her 10 year battle with breast
>cancer, just in case any of you wanted to know.

Sorry to hear that. My condolences in a tough time for you.

I was not there, but I do remember the event. It was posted here at
the time, but most of the old timers have gone away.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 4:46:54 AM UTC+1, hotair wrote:
> A few years ago a small group of us got together to celebrate the grand
> opening of Daves BBQ in Wenatchee, WAshington.
> I was there with my wife Heather and we had a great time meeting people,
> Heather passed away on July 17th ending her 10 year battle with breast
> cancer, just in case any of you wanted to know.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

There's a number who attended the event who are no longer with us.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 05:53:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 20:46:51 -0700, hotair >
>wrote:
>
>>A few years ago a small group of us got together to celebrate the grand
>>opening of Daves BBQ in Wenatchee, WAshington.
>>I was there with my wife Heather and we had a great time meeting people,
>>Heather passed away on July 17th ending her 10 year battle with breast
>>cancer, just in case any of you wanted to know.

>Sorry to hear that. My condolences in a tough time for you.
>
>I was not there, but I do remember the event. It was posted here at
>the time, but most of the old timers have gone away.

Hey folks....

Sorry for the late reply...I've been gone from the newsgroup for quite
a bit it seems....playing with other things...I hadn't actually
realized how long it had been until just today when I want looking for
some information on the list and came back to find much sad news that
I had missed.

First off, hotair, sorry to hear about Heather...my belated
condolences.

Also reading through the messages I am very saddened to hear that two
other of the old timers have passed away, Nick Cramer and one of the
best folks I'd met throguh this group, Big Jim Whitten.

For those who missed the get together at Dave's Grand Opening in
Wenatchee or the shindig that Big Jim put on when I was down Florida
way here is a link to my pics of the events:

http://chefjuke.com/GALLERY/BARBECUE/AFB/index.html

I don't know exactly when I fell away from checking the
newsgroup....seems like just a few months but it's been a few
years....time does fly when you are distracted. seems like theres a
far smaller info to spam ratio here nowadays....I think that's what
first started pushing me away to other forums and things...

Anyway, hope all the other old timers who I communed with on this list
are still around here somewhere....I totally appreciate all of the
great lessons I learned here about how to cook a great hunk of meat...

Cheers,

-Chef Juke
"EVERYBody Eats When they Come to MY House!"
Eugene, Oregon

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 05 Jan 2016 20:18:00 -0800, wrote:

>I don't know exactly when I fell away from checking the
>newsgroup....seems like just a few months but it's been a few
>years....time does fly when you are distracted. seems like theres a
>far smaller info to spam ratio here nowadays....I think that's what
>first started pushing me away to other forums and things...

Mostly a bunch of wannabee trolls here now, occasionally pretending to post
signal. But hey can't keep it up for more than a day or three, and then they get
all giggly with the fun and excitement of posting something silly. Nothing a
killfile won't sort with a keypress. (Or the librarian catches them posting form
the public computers, and sends them back home.)

But yeah, a lot of the regulars are gone and no longer even lurking. Also,
because the newbies are off in forums and facebook and places like that. But
you, sir, are an OldFart because you use news, and a PC, and a keyboard, and not
a smartphone!

>Anyway, hope all the other old timers who I communed with on this list
>are still around here somewhere....I totally appreciate all of the
>great lessons I learned here about how to cook a great hunk of meat...

A few lurk, sometimes...

Wouldn't call myself an oldtimer as far as bbq goes, but I have used this group
to shorten the learning curve over a few years. And yeah, pulling some beef ribs
from smoke and heat and finding the "hey, these are sooo done, but why are they
pink" smoke ring feels and tastes goood...

Thomas Prufer

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thomas Prufer wrote:
> Mostly a bunch of wannabee trolls here now, occasionally pretending to post
> signal. But hey can't keep it up for more than a day or three, and then they get
> all giggly with the fun and excitement of posting something silly.

Here's real craziness, done MartyB style:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good for them.

BTW, this group is hereby KILLED. Li'l boner was right! Yo poor slobs
shoulda LISTENED!

MUAHahahahaHAA! You DIE!

So all of you go away. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.
BEGONE!

I mean it.

!! Come on, man.

Now.

Grrr....

Drat. You aren't moving very fast.

You folks already heard about The Agonizingly Slow Groupkillas, didn't ya.
Over in RFC.

You aren't skeered any more, are ya.

Well crap.

Yeah, ok, we are indeed agonizingly slow at killing groups and we were found
out. Exposed. We admit this.

OK then. Take your time but get the hell out. When you're ready No rush,
but hurry up.

And you're still killed. I mean it.

On Behalf of The Agonizingly Slow Groupkillas® Cabal (TINASG®C),

MartyB
Supreme Exalted Leader and President for Life
The Agonizingly Slow Groupkillas® Cabal (TINASG®C)
Member #007 (license to groupkill)
(adv)
You too can become an Agonizingly Slow Groupkilla®! It's FREE! You are a
member when you say you are. Just pick any title at all you want to claim
for yourself, and assign yourself a any member number you like. Except mine,
of course.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> Anyway, hope all the other old timers who I communed with on this list
> are still around here somewhere....I totally appreciate all of the
> great lessons I learned here about how to cook a great hunk of meat...

Here's real craziness, done Marty style: