Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default BBQ Joints in or near Columbus Wisconsin

Anyone have any recommendations?

Just moved here. Want to see if there is anything local that might be
good that I don't know about.

BTW, there seems to be nothing here by way of food.

There is a Mickey D's, Bugger King, Arbys, and 1 family rest., about
the same amount of fast food joints as bars. 2 Bars have food. One
store front has a turn key rest. for sale/rent that couldn't make it
work. They did Italian. I think BBQ would work better but I do not
have the bucks to start it up and IMHO it would be a BIG RISK.

Very depressed area as far as restaurants go.

Glad I can cook and Q because if not I would be f*#ked.

Ideas?

Gene
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 04 May 2013 23:26:11 -0500, Gene >
wrote:

>Anyone have any recommendations?
>
>Just moved here. Want to see if there is anything local that might be
>good that I don't know about.
>
>BTW, there seems to be nothing here by way of food.
>
>There is a Mickey D's, Bugger King, Arbys, and 1 family rest., about
>the same amount of fast food joints as bars. 2 Bars have food. One
>store front has a turn key rest. for sale/rent that couldn't make it
>work. They did Italian. I think BBQ would work better but I do not
>have the bucks to start it up and IMHO it would be a BIG RISK.
>
>Very depressed area as far as restaurants go.
>
>Glad I can cook and Q because if not I would be f*#ked.
>
>Ideas?
>
>Gene

My only advice is to NOT open a bbq joint in Wisconsin, especially in
a town of only 5000.

Hey, you can get free wood chips at the recycling center though.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Gene > wrote:
> Anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Just moved here. Want to see if there is anything local
> that might be
> good that I don't know about.
>
> BTW, there seems to be nothing here by way of food.
>
> There is a Mickey D's, Bugger King, Arbys, and 1 family
> rest., about
> the same amount of fast food joints as bars. 2 Bars have
> food. One
> store front has a turn key rest. for sale/rent that
> couldn't make it
> work. They did Italian. I think BBQ would work better but
> I do not
> have the bucks to start it up and IMHO it would be a BIG
> RISK.
>
> Very depressed area as far as restaurants go.
>
> Glad I can cook and Q because if not I would be f*#ked.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Gene

why would you move to a place that has *NO* Q? <g>
or a least a place close by

Do this help?
http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...on sin%2C+USA

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 4, 9:26*pm, Gene > wrote:
> Anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Just moved here. Want to see if there is anything local that might be
> good that I don't know about.
>
> BTW, there seems to be nothing here by way of food.
>
> There is a Mickey D's, Bugger King, Arbys, and 1 family rest., about
> the same amount of fast food joints as bars. 2 Bars have food. One
> store front has a turn key rest. for sale/rent that couldn't make it
> work. They did Italian. I think BBQ would work better but I do not
> have the bucks to start it up and IMHO it would be a BIG RISK.
>
> Very depressed area as far as restaurants go.
>
> Glad I can cook and Q because if not I would be f*#ked.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Gene

Huh. the one time I was in that state was near Milwaukee, about 40
minutes outside of town for some software training.
Was pretty impressed with the local food culture, there was even a BBQ
joint in the small town where our hotel was.
Don't remember the town, something indian ending in gee or skee and
lots of syllables.
Well, at least you can get the same good local Wisconsin beer.