Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Sausage Recipes from The Wayback Machine

On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:02:24 -0700, Mort wrote:

> http://web.archive.org/web/200012020...t/~g.m.fowler/

frame/Sausages/AllBeeffranks.txt
snip

Mort,

F€¸irstly, you should have marked this OT as this is the bbq group,

Secondly, Well Done My Man! I'm seeing some of these recipe for the first
time, like the cabbage sausage, Fantastic collection, now to browse them
all and pick out some keepers!

Once again, great contribution!

--
ļ»æregards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"piedmont" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:02:24 -0700, Mort wrote:
>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/200012020...t/~g.m.fowler/

> frame/Sausages/AllBeeffranks.txt
> snip
>
> Mort,
>
> F?irstly, you should have marked this OT as this is the bbq group,
>
> Secondly, Well Done My Man! I'm seeing some of these recipe for the first
> time, like the cabbage sausage, Fantastic collection, now to browse them
> all and pick out some keepers!
>
> Once again, great contribution!

is there a single document I can download and save to look through later on?
Looks like a keeper.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"piedmont" > wrote

> F€¸irstly, you should have marked this OT as this is the bbq group,

I grill sausages from time to time so I thought it was very much ON topic.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

piedmont wrote:

> On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:02:24 -0700, Mort wrote:
>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/200012020...t/~g.m.fowler/

> frame/Sausages/AllBeeffranks.txt
> snip
>
> Mort,
>
> F€¸irstly, you should have marked this OT as this is the bbq group,

LOL. What a braying ass you are.

News flash: people have been posting sausage recipes here since
the very beginning, from day one. As they should, "outdoor cooking"
is explicitly in the charter. You're too dumb to read, apparently.

When you first showed up here you were a somewhat feckless idiot,
but it was all for the most part harmless. Now that that you're
appointed yourself gatekeeper it's another story.

**** off, pip squeak.

--
Mort
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Wallace wrote:

> is there a single document I can download and save to look through later on?
> Looks like a keeper.

To give proper credit (and history), the Fowler dude hosted that
site. It went down and never came back so the urls you are
seeing are from an internet archive. As I remember most of the
recipes are from the old bbq mailing list.

I'll write a script to pull them down and post you a zipfile.
Be right back.

--
Mort

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mort wrote:
> Wallace wrote:
>

>> is there a single document I can download and save to look through
>> later on?
>> Looks like a keeper.
>>

> To give proper credit (and history), the Fowler dude hosted that
> site. It went down and never came back so the urls you are
> seeing are from an internet archive. As I remember most of the
> recipes are from the old bbq mailing list.
>
> I'll write a script to pull them down and post you a zipfile.
> Be right back.

http://wowie.fileave.com/Sausages.zip

Cheers

--
Mort
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "piedmont" > wrote
> >
> > F€¸irstly, you should have marked this OT as this is the bbq group,

> I grill sausages from time to time so I thought it was very much ON
> topic.

I agree with Ed on this. While I wait for the recipe from my friend,
Felix's, Sicilian mother, consider this:

This is truly a recipe that belongs to a family. The basic sausage recipe
was created by Domenica (Tripi) Matteliano, and the variations by her son,
Antonino Matteliano. When it comes to sausages, home made is always better,
and Tony gives us his key to the authentic Sicilian flavor - fennel.

* 20 pounds pork butt coarsely ground
* Crushed red pepper (Peperoncillo - Optional - for hot sausage)
* 1/2 cup fennel seeds or to taste
* 1 head garlic, coarsely minced ( or to your liking)
* 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese or to taste
* 3 bunches Italian flat leaf parsley coarsely chopped
* 1 tablespoon salt
* Pepper to taste
* up to 1 1/2 cups cold water -as needed to dampen mixture
NOTE: Use only enough water to dampen the mix if required. Do not use too
much water!

METHOD

Grind pork butt on coarse grind setting. If hot sausage is desired, use red
pepper flakes in pork mixture.

Mix in fennel seeds, garlic, Romano cheese, parsley, salt & pepper to
taste. Mix well to insure all ingredients have been well distributed in
meat. Do not be afraid to use ample fennel seed as this is the good burst
of flavor when eating the sausage.

The sausage meat can be stuffed in sausage casing or made into patties.

Variations Add to meat mixture above:

* 5 pounds or more (not to exceed 10 pounds) beef coarsely ground.
* chopped green, red or yellow bell peppers to taste
* chunks of your favorite cheese to taste

Add one or all of the above to sausage mix. Experiment: you can add
anything that you feel will satisfy your own personal taste.

Be sure you add enough ingredients for the amount of sausage mix you have
made and mix together well.

Use only coarsely ground meat, this gives the sausage that bite and tooth
Sicilians love.

recipe from www.inmamaskitchen.com

Contributor: Antonino Matteliano

Nick note: Info from Rytek Kulta's book and from the 5 Lb. drum of Prague
powder #1 we bought from them:

Prague powder #1 is to be used for preserved meats that require cooking
before eating: poultry, fish, hams, bacon, sausages that require later
cooking, etc. When using cure, it is very important to never exceed the
recommended amounts: This is 4 ounces of Prague Powder #1 in 100 pounds of
meat (2.5 g/kg). Equivalently this is 2 teaspoons for 10 pounds of meat.

To 1 gallon of brine, add 3 Oz by weight of Prague powder #1.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:10:07 +0000 (UTC), piedmont wrote:

> On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:02:24 -0700, Mort wrote:
>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/200012020...t/~g.m.fowler/

> frame/Sausages/AllBeeffranks.txt
> snip
>
> Mort,
>
> Fžirstly, you should have marked this OT as this is the bbq group,

There's nothing wrong with sausage. A lot of those recipes are
for smoked sausages.

What isn't acceptable are posts/threads that *are* OT, so stop
being a putz.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1-Jun-2010, Mort > wrote:

> Mort wrote:
> > Wallace wrote:
> >

> >> is there a single document I can download and save to look through
> >> later on?
> >> Looks like a keeper.
> >>

> > To give proper credit (and history), the Fowler dude hosted that
> > site. It went down and never came back so the urls you are
> > seeing are from an internet archive. As I remember most of the
> > recipes are from the old bbq mailing list.
> >
> > I'll write a script to pull them down and post you a zipfile.
> > Be right back.
> >

> http://wowie.fileave.com/Sausages.zip
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Mort

Thank you very much Mort.

--
Brick said that
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
ster.com...

> On 1-Jun-2010, Mort > wrote:
>
>> Mort wrote:

>> > To give proper credit (and history), the Fowler dude hosted that
>> > site. It went down and never came back so the urls you are
>> > seeing are from an internet archive. As I remember most of the
>> > recipes are from the old bbq mailing list.
>> >
>> > I'll write a script to pull them down and post you a zipfile.
>> > Be right back.
>> >

>> http://wowie.fileave.com/Sausages.zip
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Mort

> Thank you very much Mort.

yes indeed! Talk about service!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:10:07 +0000 (UTC), piedmont wrote:
>

>> Fžirstly, you should have marked this OT as this is the bbq group,

> There's nothing wrong with sausage. A lot of those recipes are
> for smoked sausages.
>
> What isn't acceptable are posts/threads that *are* OT, so stop
> being a putz.
>
> -sw

How in the world can a putz stop being a putz? Can a leopard change his
spots? LOL