Ewan Sheep

Default Newbie on Gas

Hi All,

Found this today. We have just bought an out back grill problem we find is
cleaning the grills after use burnt on marinades etc.

Whats the best way we thought to put hot grid into soapy water and soak.

How do the rest of clean yours??

Thanks
Adrian

Sal Monella

Ewan Sheep wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Found this today. We have just bought an out back grill problem we find is
> cleaning the grills after use burnt on marinades etc.
>
> Whats the best way we thought to put hot grid into soapy water and soak.
>
> How do the rest of clean yours??
>
> Thanks
> Adrian

I use a brass grill brush.

Dana Myers

Ewan Sheep wrote:

> Whats the best way we thought to put hot grid into soapy water and soak.
>
> How do the rest of clean yours??

I don't cook on gas, I use a Charbroil/New Braunfels Silver
Smoker, but the same cleaning technique probably applies.

In general, I use a brass grill brush and give the grills
a scrubbing while still warm. Once cool, I might degrease
with Simple Green and rinse well with water.

Dana
Nathan Lau

Ewan Sheep wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Found this today. We have just bought an out back grill problem we find is
> cleaning the grills after use burnt on marinades etc.
>
> Whats the best way we thought to put hot grid into soapy water and soak.
>
> How do the rest of clean yours??

Before I cook I turn the gasser on high and carbonize everything inside.
Then a brass-bristled brush to scrape off the remains.

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>
Tyler Hopper

"Ewan Sheep" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Found this today. We have just bought an out back grill problem we find is
> cleaning the grills after use burnt on marinades etc.
>
> Whats the best way we thought to put hot grid into soapy water and soak.
>
> How do the rest of clean yours??
>
> Thanks
> Adrian

I put the grills on down on the patio and let the dog lick off the crud.

_________
ht_redneck

BOB

Tyler Hopper wrote:
> "Ewan Sheep" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Found this today. We have just bought an out back grill problem we find is
>> cleaning the grills after use burnt on marinades etc.
>>
>> Whats the best way we thought to put hot grid into soapy water and soak.
>>
>> How do the rest of clean yours??
>>
>> Thanks
>> Adrian

> I put the grills on down on the patio and let the dog lick off the crud.
>
> _________
> ht_redneck

LOL!

BOB

pilgrim13

Nathan Lau > wrote in message . com>...

> Before I cook I turn the gasser on high and carbonize everything inside.
> Then a brass-bristled brush to scrape off the remains.

Ditto.
Ewan Sheep

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice,

Haven't got dog though :-)) Local cats may enjoy!!!

Adrian
" BOB" > wrote in message
> Tyler Hopper wrote:
> > "Ewan Sheep" > wrote in message
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Found this today. We have just bought an out back grill problem we

find is
> >> cleaning the grills after use burnt on marinades etc.
> >>
> >> Whats the best way we thought to put hot grid into soapy water and

soak.

> >> How do the rest of clean yours??
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Adrian

> > I put the grills on down on the patio and let the dog lick off the crud.
> >
> > _________
> > ht_redneck

> LOL!
>
> BOB

newbie craftydragon1951 General Cooking 22 04-04-2006 07:00 AM
Newbie Q's Bulletsnbrains Winemaking 6 12-03-2006 11:28 PM
A NEWBIE HERE!!!.... arem_29 Recipes 1 30-09-2005 03:54 PM
newbie following newbie pu er threads Lara Burton Tea 12 29-08-2005 05:26 PM