Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Consumer Reports and miracles

I received an offer from Consumer Reports yesterday to try to
induce me to subscribe to "Consumer Reports on Health". I'm
always a bit suspicious about "miracle vitamins" (my quotes
since their miraculous nature seems to come and go) but one
maxim suggested from a "Professor of Nutrition" was as follows.

Avoid packaged foods with more than five ingredients and be sure
you get enough B vitamins.

The "five item" criterion is interesting and I am going to spend
a while doing my own survey of things that I buy.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:

:Besides, it's not like more ingredients will cancel out the
:nutrients of other ingredients.

The point is "Eat food, not nutrients."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 11:04*am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> I received an offer from Consumer Reports yesterday to try to
> induce me to subscribe to "Consumer Reports on Health". I'm
> always a bit suspicious about "miracle vitamins" (my quotes
> since their miraculous nature seems to come and go) but one
> maxim suggested from a "Professor of Nutrition" was as follows.
>
> Avoid packaged foods with more than five ingredients and be sure
> you get enough B vitamins.
>
> The "five item" criterion is interesting and I am going to spend
> a while doing my own survey of things that I buy.
>
> *James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> E-mail, with obvious alterations:
> not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

I got a job offer

EMPLOYMENT OFFER!!!!!!

Emmanuel Pinto costacoffee.co.uk

COSTA COFFEE
166 felthamn road,Unit 16
Ash ford/London/TW15 1YQ
United Kingdom
Tel: +447031930207
Registration number: 3699677
VAT registration number: GB832 6732

My name is Emmanuel Pinto and i am the Employment Manager of Costa
Coffee, a quality coffee company based in the United Kingdom. the
company has been setup in Lambeth, London since 1971, supplying all
local caterers,major Italian and American coffee shops and around
the world, with anexciting coffee,slow-roasted the Italian way.
People couldnt get enough of it and by 1978 the first Costa espresso
bar opened in Vauxhall Bridge Road in London.
To this day : we still use the same method of slow-roasting our coffee
beans, serving the brothers authentic blend of 6 Arabica beans to 1
Robusta
in 500 coffee shops all over the world.

The company is always facing serious difficulties when it comes to
selling our products to Americans because they are always offering to
pay with US MONEY ORDERS and US CHECKS which is difficult for us to
cash here
in
the UK since the last person that represents us in the US just fell
sick
and could not continue the job.We are looking for a representative in
the
United States who will be working for the company as a Part-Time
representative/Bookkeeper
and we'll be willing to pay 10% for every transaction, of course it
wouldn?t
affect your
present state of work because you may do it as a PART-TIME work, all
we
need is just someone who would help us receive payments from our
customers in
the states. I mean someone that is responsible and reliable, cause the
cost of coming to the states and getting payments is very expensive so
for
now we need a representative in the United States who will be handling
the
payment
aspect. These payments are in US Money Orders/Checks and they would
come to you in your name, so all you need do is cash the money orders
and
checks,
deduct your percentage (10%) and wire the rest back. It wouldn't cost
you any amount, you are to receive payments which will be mailed to
you
by post from my business partners, which would come in form of Money
Orders or
Checks then you are to cash it and send the cash to me via western
union money
transfer all western union charges will be deducted from the money.

If you are interested, Please fill up the form below and get back to
me as
soon as possible with
the following details.

FIRST NAME:
LAST NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
COUNTRY:
PHONE NUMBER (S):
GENDER:
MARITAL STATUS:
AGE:
NATIONALITY:
HAVE YOU EVER DONE THIS BEFORE?
ANSWER YES OR NO?

Regards,

Emmanuel Pinto.
Costa Coffee,
Exporters of Quality Coffee.

I have more scams like this .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Where do I find nutritionally-null food?

The supermarket. Hostess twinkies section.

Excuse me for being flippant, but I think I can explain.

Michael Pollan has another book out. In it, he talks about how people
used to talk about food in terms of eating a balanced diet of meats,
vegetables, cheese, fruit, bread, etc. In other words, they talked
about FOOD. At some point, they started talking about getting enough
protein, vitamins, fiber, carbohydrates, minerals, and fats, and getting
the right balance of each. He makes the distinction between food and
NUTRIENTS. Of course food contains nutrients, and of course our bodies,
chemically, digest and use nutrients, but he points out how our
collective health has declined as the transition has been made from
eating food to eating nutrients. He makes the case for eating less
processed food, and less food overall.

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:30:09 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:08:18 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz > wrote:
>>
>> :Besides, it's not like more ingredients will cancel out the
>> :nutrients of other ingredients.
>>
>> The point is "Eat food, not nutrients."

>Where do I find nutritionally-null food?
>
>-sw

popcorn?

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:10:20 GMT, "Randy Johnson" >
wrote:

>On 31-Jan-2008, Kitchen Nitemare > wrote:
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Emmanuel Pinto.
>> Costa Coffee,
>> Exporters of Quality Coffee.
>>
>> I have more scams like this .

>Coffee from Pinto beans - cool

makes you **** *and* fart. a miracle!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 31-Jan-2008, Kitchen Nitemare > wrote:
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Emmanuel Pinto.
>> Costa Coffee,
>> Exporters of Quality Coffee.
>>
>> I have more scams like this .

>Coffee from Pinto beans - cool

Agreed, it sounds gross. And being a coffee farmer and my husband
roasts, there is nothing to be gained from slow roasting. Oh well,
poor guy.

aloha,
Cea
roast beans to kona to email
farmers of Pure Kona
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 7:00*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:04:05 GMT, James Silverton wrote:
> > I received an offer from Consumer Reports yesterday to try to
> > induce me to subscribe to "Consumer Reports on Health". I'm
> > always a bit suspicious about "miracle vitamins" (my quotes
> > since their miraculous nature seems to come and go) but one
> > maxim suggested from a "Professor of Nutrition" was as follows.

> > Avoid packaged foods with more than five ingredients and be sure
> > you get enough B vitamins.

> Sounds like a stupid, baseless criteria.
>
> Anything with enriched flour will automatically contain more than
> 5 ingredients, for starters.
>
> Besides, it's not like more ingredients will cancel out the
> nutrients of other ingredients.

But some of those extra ingredients are not all that good for you.
I try to avoid pre-packaged foods.

I don't mind real ingredients, but I don't want to see chemicals in
the list.

Scott

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:30:09 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:08:18 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt wrote:
> >
> >> Sqwertz > wrote:
> >>
> >> :Besides, it's not like more ingredients will cancel out the
> >> :nutrients of other ingredients.
> >>
> >> The point is "Eat food, not nutrients."

> >Where do I find nutritionally-null food?
> >
> >-sw

> popcorn?

White bread too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 21:06:41 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 17:42:22 -0800 (PST), Scott W wrote:
>
>> I don't mind real ingredients, but I don't want to see chemicals in
>> the list.

>Everything you eat is chemicals.
>
>-sw

mandrake, pour me a drink of grain alcohol and rainwater and whatever
you'd like for yourself.

your pal,
jack

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 8:04*am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> I received an offer from Consumer Reports yesterday to try to
> induce me to subscribe to "Consumer Reports on Health". I'm
> always a bit suspicious about "miracle vitamins" (my quotes
> since their miraculous nature seems to come and go) but one
> maxim suggested from a "Professor of Nutrition" was as follows.
>
> Avoid packaged foods with more than five ingredients and be sure
> you get enough B vitamins.
>
> The "five item" criterion is interesting and I am going to spend
> a while doing my own survey of things that I buy.
>
> *James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> E-mail, with obvious alterations:
> not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

You said the word all right "miraculous" The human body is a perfect
build machine, also can heal it self, so if you hear about a miracle
drug; faith will be the main mixing ingredient
a tip... when using garlic smash it well like grinding it mix it with
faith and wait for results oh! very important if you are not sure you
have faith write me back and I will give you a tip on how to get lots
of faith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 1, 10:35*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:10:20 GMT, "Randy Johnson" >
> wrote:
>

> >On 31-Jan-2008, Kitchen Nitemare > wrote:

> >> Regards,

> >> Emmanuel Pinto.
> >> Costa Coffee,
> >> Exporters of Quality Coffee.

> >> *I have more scams like this .

> >Coffee from Pinto beans - cool

> makes you **** *and* fart. *a miracle!
>
> your pal,
> blake

yeah it is a miracle for those who still able to **** and fart, lets
pray for those who can't
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 1, 10:34*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:30:09 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:08:18 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt wrote:

> >> Sqwertz > wrote:

> >> :Besides, it's not like more ingredients will cancel out the
> >> :nutrients of other ingredients.

> >> The point is "Eat food, not nutrients."

> >Where do I find nutritionally-null food?

> >-sw

> popcorn?
>
> your pal,
> blake