Edwin Pawlowski

Default Grilling is on Topic

I'm not sure where to go to find the original charter of this newsgroup.
Seems as though a bunch of relative newcomers are trying to say grilling is
off topic. It is very much on topic and has been from the beginning.
Outdoor cooking of any type is welcome here.

The group was started in 1996 IIRC, and the charter was written by Dave W.
(Eskwired) to include a variety of variations or outdoor cooking.

In the winter, many of us diehard hang out here, but this time of year all
the people searching for gas grills come alive. Personal opinions and
definitions aside, they are as welcome as we are.
--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

M&M

On 23-Apr-2004, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> 'm not sure where to go to find the original charter of this newsgroup.

Charter:
Alt.food.barbecue is a newsgroup in which to discuss barbecue and
grilling--southern style "low and slow" smoking of ribs, shoulders and
briskets, as well as direct heat grilling of everything from burgers to
salmon to vegetables. Also welcome are regional barbecue society meeting
and event schedules, results of barbecue competitions, reviews of barbecue
restaurants and cookbooks, recipes, and discussions of the finer points of
smoker selection, construction and use. Discussions of subjects near and
dear to the hearts of Q lovers are also welcome. Commercial advertising
is not welcome.

From: (EskWIRED)
Newsgroups: alt.food.barbecue
Subject: Charter
Date: 27 Jul 1996 00:56:19 GMT

--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")
Steve

In a nutshell, barbecue is cooking with fire and the biproducts of it (heat,
smoke, creosol )

"M&M" > wrote in message

> On 23-Apr-2004, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
> > 'm not sure where to go to find the original charter of this newsgroup.

> Charter:
> Alt.food.barbecue is a newsgroup in which to discuss barbecue and
> grilling--southern style "low and slow" smoking of ribs, shoulders and
> briskets, as well as direct heat grilling of everything from burgers to
> salmon to vegetables. Also welcome are regional barbecue society meeting
> and event schedules, results of barbecue competitions, reviews of barbecue
> restaurants and cookbooks, recipes, and discussions of the finer points of
> smoker selection, construction and use. Discussions of subjects near and
> dear to the hearts of Q lovers are also welcome. Commercial advertising
> is not welcome.
>
> From: (EskWIRED)
> Newsgroups: alt.food.barbecue
> Subject: Charter
> Date: 27 Jul 1996 00:56:19 GMT
>
> --
> M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

Dave Bugg

Steve wrote:
> In a nutshell, barbecue is cooking with fire and the biproducts of it
> (heat, smoke, creosol )

Nah, Steve. The creosote is for wood soakers and newbies who won't open
their dampers. Or is that newbies who have soaking-wet diapers? :-)
Dave