Harry Demidavicius

Default Fed Up with the Kamado Company [WAS: East Bay Area Lazzari Hardwood Lump]

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 13:56:47 -0700, Chef Juke
> wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 19:04:01 GMT, "StocksRus®"
> wrote:
>
>>Reg > wrote in
m:

>>> I'd say that makes the point
>>>

>>No shit! I guess my choice of smokers has been made. I just read a thread
>>on Kamado's forum that was very negative towards them. I'm not going to
>>pay $1000 for a smoker, wait 5 months for delivery and have them lie to
>>me. Those guys may make a good smoker, but why would I want to put up
>>with their crap? Richard seems a bit too arrogant for me.

>Well, I dunno.
>
>I ordered and recieved my K within 5 months (yes, it was a month and a
>half longer than the original quote, but they did keep me informed of
>the delay) and I loved the K from my first Que through the 5 pork
>butts, brisket and 3 racks of spares that I smoked on it just the
>other night. I have not seen or used anything else that comes close
>in terms of performance.
>
>I also have met Richard I didn't think he was arrogant at all. This
>is not to say that he is the most adept business person as
>demonstrated by all the problems that have been reported for years
>with the K Delivery process, but my sense of him is that he means
>well, but is, again, not the best suited for streamlining this
>operation into one capable of adequately handling the productions
>sales and promotion of the K at the needed level.

snip

>Why would you want to put up with their crap? You probably don't want
>to. Unless you want a really, really good smoker and are willing to
>wait for a bit to get it, and have to take extra measures to ensure
>your order is taken and processed correctly.
>
>That's all.
>
>-Chef Juke

I have only met Richard by telephone and found him to be very pleasant
and helpfull. Ditto Deborah.. My relationship with Kamado has been
mostly very satisfactory, but I have previously suggested to him that
he get out of General Management, hire somebody good and empower them
to run the Company, and get himself back into the Design Lab where he
is good, and happy. He didn't do that.

The business is indeed paying the price with some disgruntled
customers and reluctant purchasors.

I'm not defending them - they deserve to reap what they have sown.

But they do make a great cooker and I'm glad I own a couple of them.

Harry

Tyler Hopper

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:31:26 GMT, Reg > wrote:
>

> >Tyler Hopper wrote:
> >
> >> "Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> >> news > >>

> >> Well, while I was waiting for mine a while back Deborah told me mine didn't

ship
> >> because most of the crew didn't show up the day after New Years.

> >I'd say that makes the point

> Jan 1st [Thursday] is a Holiday in Canada and many firms took Friday
> the 2nd as a 'swing' day in lieu of some other vacation day to make a
> loong week-end. Which does not excuse the no-shows if Kamado had
> declared Friday to be a normal business day. And which doesn't excuse
> me being rude to Wertz.
>
> Harry

This was a couple of yrs. or so back Harry. Don't remember exactly but it was
mid-week.

Tyler

Jack Curry

Harry Demidavicius wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:31:26 GMT, Reg > wrote:
>

>> Tyler Hopper wrote:
>>
>>> "Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
>>> news >>>

>>> Well, while I was waiting for mine a while back Deborah told me
>>> mine didn't ship because most of the crew didn't show up the day
>>> after New Years.

>> I'd say that makes the point

> Jan 1st [Thursday] is a Holiday in Canada and many firms took Friday
> the 2nd as a 'swing' day in lieu of some other vacation day to make a
> loong week-end. Which does not excuse the no-shows if Kamado had
> declared Friday to be a normal business day. And which doesn't excuse
> me being rude to Wertz.
>
> Harry

I'm playing catch-up after a fishin' trip of not catch much, but want to add
my 2 cents. As Chef Juke said, if you want a really great all-round cooker,
Kamados can't be beat. Downside is the customer service is occasionally
poor or even downright bad and terribly frustrating for someone who is so
completely satisfied with the product. I have said many times to friends
and relatives, I think my Kamado is the best single thing I have ever
bought.
And Harry, you were only a little rude to Wertz and you're a gentleman to
apologize. Hats off to ya.

Jack Curry

Chicago area lump jmagerl Barbecue 0 29-06-2007 04:18 PM
Lump charcoal in Everett area Brian D. Barbecue 31 04-04-2006 07:11 AM
Looking for lump and wood in San Francisco/Bay Area Stephen Pocock Barbecue 10 11-09-2005 10:01 PM
Lump in No. Va.-D.C. area? G Party Barbecue 2 12-11-2004 12:44 AM
Source for Lump in KC area Dustin Marker Barbecue 2 13-11-2003 03:08 AM