Old 26-03-2006, 04:39 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Lump charcoal in Everett area

I recently scored a Big Green Egg in Bellingham and am trying to locate
lump for it, Lowe's and Cowboy brand seem to be about it around here. I'll
road-trip to the Marysville/Everett area if some of the posters from the
PNW have some ideas for me. Thanks in advance!
Brian

Old 26-03-2006, 04:53 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Brian D. wrote:
:: I recently scored a Big Green Egg in Bellingham and am trying to
locate
:: lump for it, Lowe's and Cowboy brand seem to be about it around
here. I'll
:: road-trip to the Marysville/Everett area if some of the posters
from the
:: PNW have some ideas for me. Thanks in advance!
:: Brian

Egg dealers usually stock BGE branded charcoal, made by Royal Oak.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Old 26-03-2006, 05:40 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian D. wrote:

I recently scored a Big Green Egg in Bellingham and am trying to locate
lump for it, Lowe's and Cowboy brand seem to be about it around here. I'll
road-trip to the Marysville/Everett area if some of the posters from the
PNW have some ideas for me. Thanks in advance!
Brian

I've seen Lazarri (sp?) lump at the TruValue in Lake Stevens also at the
Cash and Carry in Everett.

JD
Old 26-03-2006, 08:50 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian D. wrote:

I recently scored a Big Green Egg in Bellingham and am trying to
locate lump for it, Lowe's and Cowboy brand seem to be about it
around here. I'll road-trip to the Marysville/Everett area if some of
the posters from the PNW have some ideas for me. Thanks in advance!

Doitbest hardware stores carry Royal Oak lump. If the ones near you
don't have it in stock, they will probably order it for you. Stores
near Bellingham:

http://doitbest.com/DoItBest/Main.as...ion=search&pos
talCode=98225

Here's the Doitbest order info for the charcoal.

http://doitbest.com/DoItBest/Main.aspx?PageID=64&SKU=800279

Good luck.

Brian
won't shut up.
Old 27-03-2006, 12:39 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article ,
Denny Wheeler wrote:

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:39:25 GMT, "Brian D."
wrote:

I recently scored a Big Green Egg in Bellingham and am trying to locate
lump for it, Lowe's and Cowboy brand seem to be about it around here. I'll
road-trip to the Marysville/Everett area if some of the posters from the
PNW have some ideas for me. Thanks in advance!

I live in Everett.
Wal-Mart in Marysville has Royal Oak lump. Several Safeways and other
stores in the area carry Lazzari (which is mesquite lump).

I sure am glad that some of you guys know where-the-hell Everett and
Marysville and Bellingham are and can advise the OP. I didn't have a
clue!

--
Stan Marks

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Old 28-03-2006, 03:48 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 05:39:28 -0600, Stan Marks
wrote:

I sure am glad that some of you guys know where-the-hell Everett and
Marysville and Bellingham are and can advise the OP. I didn't have a
clue!

I suspect the OP figured anyone who'd have the info he wanted would be
in the area and know the places.

Northwestern Washington state, btw

(Canada)
______________________
Bellingham

Mt. Vernon

Marysville
Everett X
(X is Wenatchee)
Seattle

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge

Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" insert smiley here

Old 28-03-2006, 11:40 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian D. wrote:

Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" insert smiley here

I don't know about the lump, but we can sure send some cherry wood with you,
and fill your tummies.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Old 29-03-2006, 04:10 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

Brian D. wrote:

Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" insert smiley here

I don't know about the lump, but we can sure send some cherry wood with you,
and fill your tummies.

Wish I'd made a pilgrimage over there before I had Lap Band surgery.
Filling me up now is way too easy.

JD
Old 29-03-2006, 04:16 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

JD wrote:

Wish I'd made a pilgrimage over there before I had Lap Band surgery.
Filling me up now is way too easy.

Hope all is going well post surgery. If you make it over sometime, I'll send
you home with enough to freeze and reheat for awhile.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Old 29-03-2006, 04:32 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

JD wrote:

Wish I'd made a pilgrimage over there before I had Lap Band surgery.
Filling me up now is way too easy.

Hope all is going well post surgery. If you make it over sometime, I'll send
you home with enough to freeze and reheat for awhile.

Is there going to be a gap between the close of your current location
and the opening of your new one? If so, how long? Too long and I'll
have to make it a point to get there before 6/30.

JD

Old 29-03-2006, 03:51 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
Brian D. wrote:

Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" insert smiley here

I don't know about the lump, but we can sure send some cherry wood with
you, and fill your tummies.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

I appreciate the offer, I'll take you up on that. Are mini-tours of your
restaurant available?

Old 29-03-2006, 03:53 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:48:12 GMT, "Brian D."
wrote:

Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" insert smiley here

Assuming you're thinking of a visit to Dave's BBQ, it's worth the
trip. IDK if anyone there sells lump, but you could come back via
Stevens Pass and swing by the Marysville WalMart on your way north.
(it's right next to I-5, the first exit north of downtown Marysville)

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth
unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge

A road trip to Dave's has been on my "to do" list for a while now, over
Steven's and return via Washington Pass (SR20) and a pit stop (pun intended)
at a bbq stand in Burlington, just off I-5/SR20 intersection opposite the
high school.

Old 29-03-2006, 06:59 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian D. wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Ah yes, Double Barrel BBQ, Jim Lee's place. Definitely a worthwhile stop
*IF* Jim's there. For some reason when he's involved elsewhere, service
and quality go down. When it's good, it's *really* good.

JD
Old 29-03-2006, 08:54 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

JD wrote:

Is there going to be a gap between the close of your current location
and the opening of your new one? If so, how long? Too long and I'll
have to make it a point to get there before 6/30.

As of today, we haven't been able to secure another location. The restaurant
space we thought would be coming up for sub-lease didn't pan out.... yet,
anyway. So, we are in limbo. We are hoping the new owner of our building
will be willing to extend our rental term beyond 6/30, but he ain't saying
yet.

Who says life ain't exciting?

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Old 29-03-2006, 08:55 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian D. wrote:

I appreciate the offer, I'll take you up on that. Are mini-tours
of your restaurant available?

Sure enough :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

lump charcoal options/sources in Atlanta, Georgia area? Woogeroo Barbecue 3 21-06-2007 06:07 PM
Lump charcoal VS Charcoal briquettes ken ullman Barbecue 40 22-08-2005 08:44 PM
lump charcoal fishman99 Barbecue 17 30-06-2005 09:52 AM
Big Lump In Lump Charcoal Pierre Barbecue 8 11-07-2004 05:38 PM
Lump Charcoal Paull Barbecue 6 11-07-2004 04:56 PM