Stephen Pocock

Default Looking for lump and wood in San Francisco/Bay Area

Hey all, I'm thinking we have to move to the SF Bay Area from LA. Anyone
know a good source for lump (other than Whole Foods) as well as
oak/hickory/apple/etc. logs for the smoker?

Thanks - reply here to me direct at

SP

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 23:26:48 GMT, Stephen Pocock
> wrote:

>Thanks - reply here to me direct at

That ain't how it works. Read the newsgroup if you want help with your
question. If everyone relied on private replies, there wouldn't be
anything here but questions.

CS

Lazzari sells their mesquite lump in 40 lb bags in many places in the SF Bay
Area, including BevMo, Cash and Carry and Smart and Final. They are local
(South SF) and you can also get hardwood lump (oak) directly from them.

For wood, you can get oak locally in small quantities as firewood. Apple,
cherry, and plum are also available fro fruit tree and orchard trimmings.

"Stephen Pocock" > wrote in message
> Hey all, I'm thinking we have to move to the SF Bay Area from LA. Anyone
> know a good source for lump (other than Whole Foods) as well as
> oak/hickory/apple/etc. logs for the smoker?
>
> Thanks - reply here to me direct at
>
> SP

Duwop

"CS" > wrote in message
> Lazzari sells their mesquite lump in 40 lb bags in many places in the SF

Bay
> Area, including BevMo, Cash and Carry and Smart and Final. They are local
> (South SF) and you can also get hardwood lump (oak) directly from them.

And I really reccomend getting to them for their oak (hardwood) lump ,
http://www.lazzari.com/ . They're near the Cow Palace.

$12/40lbs. is as good as it gets.

> For wood, you can get oak locally in small quantities as firewood. Apple,
> cherry, and plum are also available fro fruit tree and orchard trimmings.
>
> > Thanks - reply here to me direct at

Nah, read the NG for replies.

Reg

Stephen Pocock wrote:

> Sorry, left out a crucial "or" - I've posted questions here before and got
> replies posted as well as emailed direct, so I just said bla bla. Anyway,
> point respectfully taken. Question still remains, where can I get wood and
> lump in the Bay Area,

These are my local suppliers:

Wood Chunks : BBQs Galore in San Rafael
Wood Chips : Restaurant Depot in SF

The rest is all mail order. I pay way more than I should in
shipping costs but it beats all my other choices.

There's also the ba.food group which may be of some help.

Kent

Don't worry about Kevin S shooting his mouth off in the usual fashion;
that's what
he does in his class room during the day, and afterhours that's what he does
here when he can't find
any local receptor of his vitreole.
As above, the best place to get "lump" is at Lazzari. The best priced Oak
Chunks I have found are at WalMart. Toss a few chunks on top of the coals
when you put the meat on and the smoke cometh forth

"Stephen Pocock" > wrote in message
> Hey all, I'm thinking we have to move to the SF Bay Area from LA. Anyone
> know a good source for lump (other than Whole Foods) as well as
> oak/hickory/apple/etc. logs for the smoker?
>
> Thanks - reply here to me direct at
>
> SP

Denny Wheeler

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:57:45 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

>As above, the best place to get "lump" is at Lazzari.

I just saw some lump--and it might have been Lazzari--at a smallish
Safeway in north Lynnwood, WA. Only lump I've seen around here.

--
-denny-

"I don't like it when a whole state starts
acting like a marital aid."
"John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.
Kent

I forgot the following!
Bev and More has Lazzari lump at a decent price.

"Stephen Pocock" > wrote in message
> Hey all, I'm thinking we have to move to the SF Bay Area from LA. Anyone
> know a good source for lump (other than Whole Foods) as well as
> oak/hickory/apple/etc. logs for the smoker?
>
> Thanks - reply here to me direct at
>
> SP

Dave Bugg

Denny Wheeler wrote:

> I just saw some lump--and it might have been Lazzari--at a smallish
> Safeway in north Lynnwood, WA. Only lump I've seen around here.

Check to see what type of lump it is. Lazzari at Safeway is usually the
mesquite lump.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Denny Wheeler

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 10:50:07 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Denny Wheeler wrote:
>
>> I just saw some lump--and it might have been Lazzari--at a smallish
>> Safeway in north Lynnwood, WA. Only lump I've seen around here.

>Check to see what type of lump it is. Lazzari at Safeway is usually the
>mesquite lump.

Yup, it was mesquite. Didn't buy any, as for now I'm using propane.

--
-denny-

"I don't like it when a whole state starts
acting like a marital aid."
"John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.

San Francisco Bay Area Mosquito Control [email protected] General Cooking 12 01-04-2014 11:12 PM
Chicago area lump jmagerl Barbecue 0 29-06-2007 04:18 PM
Wood or lump? ceed Barbecue 21 27-06-2007 12:53 AM
Lump in No. Va.-D.C. area? G Party Barbecue 2 12-11-2004 01:44 AM
Lump & wood Etc Lew/+Silat Barbecue 3 30-03-2004 10:29 AM