Ralph

Default Where to get packer cut N of Boston

Does anyone know of a butcher on the North Shore or S. NH that sells a full
packer cut brisket with the point on? I cannot seem to find any.

Stace

"Ralph" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a butcher on the North Shore or S. NH that sells a

full
> packer cut brisket with the point on? I cannot seem to find any.

Try giving Alpine Butcher in Chelmsford a call.
If it's available in the area, they'll get it for you.
*BUT*, you'll pay for it.

Stace

Jim S.

"Stace" > wrote in message >...
> "Ralph" > wrote in message
> > Does anyone know of a butcher on the North Shore or S. NH that sells a

> full
> > packer cut brisket with the point on? I cannot seem to find any.
> >

> Try giving Alpine Butcher in Chelmsford a call.
> If it's available in the area, they'll get it for you.
> *BUT*, you'll pay for it.
>
> Stace

Either Alpine Butcher, or Lowell Provision Co. Same outfit. Butcher
Boy Mkt in Andover can order one for you, but it's even more expensive
there.I have seen the packer cut at the Walmart superstore in Salem NH
too. They don't have it all the time, but if you see it there don't
pass it up. I bought one last year that was .99/lb. No word of a lie,
I made some damn fine Q out of that. That's about the only fresh meat
I buy there, 90% of the rest is the pre-brined, packaged stuff. I mean
really, do lean pork chops or pork loin need a 12% bsting solution?
Gimme a break, they are already a tender cut of meat.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Ralph" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a butcher on the North Shore or S. NH that sells a

full
> packer cut brisket with the point on? I cannot seem to find any.

If you want to travel to Worcester, Fairway Beef has them.
Ed