Reg

Default Rheostat for Electric Smoker??

Mike Bernardoni wrote:

> I was wondering..if you had an electric smoker that didn't have a
> temperature control, would you wire it with a temperature control from
> an electric skillet?? Could it work?? Thanks!! Mike

This is how a lot of people do it. You can buy controls from grainger.com,
sausagemaker.com, etc. They're higher quality then the ones you get off
an electric skillet.

Mike Bernardoni

--
Grab your pig’s feet, bread, and gin,
there’s plenty in the kitchen.
Mike Bernardoni

No, I have a Cabelas Premium Electric Smoker, the heating element is a
1675 watt. Whne I make fresh Kielbasa I thought maybe I could use it as
a lower temp smoker??? MIKE