Frederick Pileggi

Default Small Grill Choices

Hello,
I would like to upgrade my gas grill. Currently I have a CharBroil
Patio Caddie. I chose it for lack of space to use it in my living
environemnt. The fact that I could move it about easily and simply open my
back door and place it on the stairs was my primary reason. Its fine in
Summer and heats sufficiently, but in cool or cold weather as well as wind,
it comes up short...
Thinking about a Great Outdoors 6000. Without the "wings" on either side
it could be rolled or lifted onto the back stoop. Are there any other
compact choices(gas) that I might look at?
_Fred

Saunka [BOA]

"Frederick Pileggi" > wrote in message
> Hello,
> I would like to upgrade my gas grill. Currently I have a

CharBroil
> Patio Caddie. I chose it for lack of space to use it in my

living
> environemnt. The fact that I could move it about easily and

simply open my
> back door and place it on the stairs was my primary reason.

Its fine in
> Summer and heats sufficiently, but in cool or cold weather as

well as wind,
> it comes up short...
> Thinking about a Great Outdoors 6000. Without the "wings"

on either side
> it could be rolled or lifted onto the back stoop. Are there

any other
> compact choices(gas) that I might look at?
> _Fred

I've got a gas grill that comes up short when grilling in cool or
cold weather too. Mine is a Weber Genesis Silver. I would
suggest that any metal grill will likely have trouble retaining
heat when it's cold or windy outside. A smaller model ceramic
grill from either BGE or Kamado would probably retain heat very
well. My experience with my parents' Kamado in the winter has
been nothing short of amazing. Heat retention is not an issue at
all. But, it's not a gas grill either. So, it might not be what
you're looking for.