Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default PIC: Food cooked on a small grill

http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 17:42:31 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg
>
>Jill

looks really good. Have a good dinner!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

> http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg
>
> Jill

Looks quite tasty to me. Are those Italian sausages?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2016 6:29 PM, wrote:
> On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg

>> Jill
>>

> Looks quite tasty to me. Are those Italian sausages?

Yes, Italian hot sausages. I had five of them but froze the other three
raw for the next grilling session. The roasted corn smells heavenly!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2016 5:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg

That's a nice summer dinner.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food cooked on a small grill

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg
>
> Jill

Very nice.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2016 7:30 PM, nancy young wrote:
> On 6/10/2016 5:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg

> That's a nice summer dinner.
>
> nancy

Very nice. Leftovers for tomorrow. I'll be cooking the remaining
hot sausages in tomato sauce with shredded zucchini soon.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg

That also looks very good!

Last night, I had one of my large homemade burritoes from the
freezer...microwaved to hot with a little bit of enchilada sauce, then
topped with a blob of sour cream. It's a good "stand by" meal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:54:39 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/10/2016 6:29 PM, wrote:
>> On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg

>>> Jill
>>>

>> Looks quite tasty to me. Are those Italian sausages?
>>

>Yes, Italian hot sausages. I had five of them but froze the other three
>raw for the next grilling session. The roasted corn smells heavenly!
>
>Jill

how do you usually eat those sausages Jill? I'm thinking put them on a
hot dog bun with spicey brown mustard and topped with fried onions.

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2016 12:49 PM, William wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:54:39 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/10/2016 6:29 PM, wrote:
>>> On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg

>>> Looks quite tasty to me. Are those Italian sausages?
>>>

>> Yes, Italian hot sausages. I had five of them but froze the other three
>> raw for the next grilling session. The roasted corn smells heavenly!
>>
>> Jill

> how do you usually eat those sausages Jill? I'm thinking put them on a
> hot dog bun with spicey brown mustard and topped with fried onions.
>
> William

That would work. In this case I ate them hot off the grill, no
condiments, no bun. The ones I'll be simmering in tomato sauce seasoned
with oregano, etc. and will likely serve them with pasta and a green veg.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

William wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:54:39 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
> >On 6/10/2016 6:29 PM, wrote:
> >> On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg

> >> Looks quite tasty to me. Are those Italian sausages?
> >>

> >Yes, Italian hot sausages. I had five of them but froze the other three
> >raw for the next grilling session. The roasted corn smells heavenly!
> >
> >Jill

> how do you usually eat those sausages Jill? I'm thinking put them on a
> hot dog bun with spicey brown mustard and topped with fried onions.

Or just put them on a bun with fried onions and fried green peppers.
Add s&p for a good sandwich. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-06-13, jmcquown > wrote:

> That would work. In this case I ate them hot off the grill, no
> condiments, no bun. The ones I'll be simmering in tomato sauce seasoned
> with oregano, etc. and will likely serve them with pasta and a green veg.

I recall being served Johnsonville brats cooked in Classico marinara
sauce, by my brewing mentor's wife. They were quite good. I later
tried it at home and it didn't seem as good as I remembered. Prolly
all that beer.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-06-13 1:38 PM, Gary wrote:

>> how do you usually eat those sausages Jill? I'm thinking put them on a
>> hot dog bun with spicey brown mustard and topped with fried onions.

> Or just put them on a bun with fried onions and fried green peppers.
> Add s&p for a good sandwich. :-)

I have a couple Italian sausages thawing for supper. I am hoping that
the hot dog buns in the freezer are reasonably fresh so I can have mine
that way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 12:49:06 -0400, William > wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:54:39 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
> >On 6/10/2016 6:29 PM, wrote:
> >> On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

http://s33.postimg.org/5qgch1bj3/grilling061016.jpg

> >> Looks quite tasty to me. Are those Italian sausages?
> >>

> >Yes, Italian hot sausages. I had five of them but froze the other three
> >raw for the next grilling session. The roasted corn smells heavenly!
> >
> >Jill

> how do you usually eat those sausages Jill? I'm thinking put them on a
> hot dog bun with spicey brown mustard and topped with fried onions.
>
> William

Hot dog bun is good, but don't stop with the onions (I like mine raw).
Add slices of tomato and avocado too!

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 13:38:25 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> Or just put them on a bun with fried onions and fried green peppers.

Good call! Sauteed bell peppers (which don't need to be green) would
work very well with his sauteed onion.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Gary wrote:
>
> > Or just put them on a bun with fried onions and fried green peppers.

> Good call! Sauteed bell peppers (which don't need to be green) would
> work very well with his sauteed onion.

It's been a long time but we used to pan fry sausage along with tons
of
onions and bell peppers. Put on a large bun...like italian bread loaf.
Even dig out some of the bread inside so it will hold all the stuff.

Eating those along with salty Lay's Classic chips.... Oh man..
It was a good meal, in my area. 8-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:42:34 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> It's been a long time but we used to pan fry sausage along with tons
> of
> onions and bell peppers. Put on a large bun...like italian bread loaf.
> Even dig out some of the bread inside so it will hold all the stuff.
>
> Eating those along with salty Lay's Classic chips.... Oh man..
> It was a good meal, in my area. 8-D

It's a good meal in any area!

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:42:34 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>sf wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>
>> > Or just put them on a bun with fried onions and fried green peppers.

>> Good call! Sauteed bell peppers (which don't need to be green) would
>> work very well with his sauteed onion.

>It's been a long time but we used to pan fry sausage along with tons
>of
>onions and bell peppers. Put on a large bun...like italian bread loaf.
>Even dig out some of the bread inside so it will hold all the stuff.
>
>Eating those along with salty Lay's Classic chips.... Oh man..
>It was a good meal, in my area. 8-D

On an Italian hero they're called "saw-seege". I've never seen
chitata pips at any Italian restaurant... I'd order ensalade with lots
of salty anchovy and olives. If you need more salt sprinkle your
saw-seege sandwich with lottsa parmasan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 2:34:56 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:42:34 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >sf wrote:

> >> Good call! Sauteed bell peppers (which don't need to be green) would
> >> work very well with his sauteed onion.

> >It's been a long time but we used to pan fry sausage along with tons
> >of
> >onions and bell peppers. Put on a large bun...like italian bread loaf.
> >Even dig out some of the bread inside so it will hold all the stuff.
> >
> >Eating those along with salty Lay's Classic chips.... Oh man..
> >It was a good meal, in my area. 8-D

> On an Italian hero they're called "saw-seege". I've never seen
> chitata pips at any Italian restaurant...

Irrelevant. He's not at an Italian restaurant.

I'd order ensalade with lots
> of salty anchovy and olives. If you need more salt sprinkle your
> saw-seege sandwich with lottsa parmasan.

Not crispy like potato chips.

The way you would do it is an admirable suggestion, but I think everybody's
going to continue eating the way they prefer.

Personally, I can't stand cooked peppers and would never put them on
Italian sausage.

Cindy Hamilton