Jeanine Hoffman

Default I'm sort of back

Hey all,
For those that may have wondered, I'm still in existence just going
through a rough spot. My mom got really sick late oct and she passed
away in Dec. I was commuting up to CT almost every weekend until I
took family leave near the end to stay with her. We're still clearing
up estate issues and settling things but I will be back eventually on
a more regular basis. In the meantime, weather is turning and I'm
gonna be able to dust off Lil Joey's cover and start crankin out some
fresh Q. The good news is, with the Tilia and a huge burst near the
end of fall, I got a lot of Q done and packed away. We've still
managed something smokey almost every week...But Imiss fresh Ribs so I
guess that will be first.
I hope all is well here, I heard about Chuch and sent a message to his
family (thanks Jason for the info). I'll get back to monitering news
here soon,
Happy Q'ing

Jeanine and her lil smokin' joey!
F.G. Whitfurrows

UN-believable!
I was just sayin' to myself yesterday....
"I wonder what ever happened to my little pagan friend, Jeannine. I hope she
comes back soon.":>)

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

bbq

Jeanine Hoffman wrote:
> Hey all,
> For those that may have wondered, I'm still in existence just going
> through a rough spot. My mom got really sick late oct and she passed
> away in Dec. I was commuting up to CT almost every weekend until I
> took family leave near the end to stay with her. We're still clearing
> up estate issues and settling things but I will be back eventually on
> a more regular basis. In the meantime, weather is turning and I'm
> gonna be able to dust off Lil Joey's cover and start crankin out some
> fresh Q. The good news is, with the Tilia and a huge burst near the
> end of fall, I got a lot of Q done and packed away. We've still
> managed something smokey almost every week...But Imiss fresh Ribs so I
> guess that will be first.
> I hope all is well here, I heard about Chuch and sent a message to his
> family (thanks Jason for the info). I'll get back to monitering news
> here soon,
> Happy Q'ing
>
> Jeanine and her lil smokin' joey!

Welcome back. Congrats on taking advantage of your weather in the fall
and Q'in up enough to get you through the winter. I recently ordered a
WSM and hope to Q enough to freeze extras for those cold and/or lazy
days when I need Q, but do not have the time or energy to fire up the
cooker.

I tried my luck today smoking some cheddar cheese with apple wood. Was
an interesting cook for sure. Heat got up a little high (over 110°) and
cheese started to melt. But I got it cooled down fast enough to prevent
the blocks from turing into liquid. There in the frig now hardening up.
Hope to sample them later today.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

Ol' Hippie

So glad to see you back. My heart felt condolences. Now get that little
puppy ready for some Q.

--
Bruce-n-Gold Beach
Ol' Hippie®

M&M

On 22-Feb-2004, Jeanine Hoffman > wrote:
<snipped most of the OP>
> I hope all is well here, I heard about Chuch and sent a message to his
> family (thanks Jason for the info). I'll get back to monitering news
> here soon,
> Happy Q'ing
>
> Jeanine and her lil smokin' joey!

Glad to see ya back Jeanine. You have been missed.
--
M&M (AKA Brick)
("The most remarkable thing about my mother

Jack Sloan

"Jeanine Hoffman" > wrote in message
> Hey all,
> For those that may have wondered, I'm still in existence just going
> through a rough spot. My mom got really sick late oct and she passed
> away in Dec. I was commuting up to CT almost every weekend until I
> took family leave near the end to stay with her. We're still clearing
> up estate issues and settling things but I will be back eventually on
> a more regular basis. In the meantime, weather is turning and I'm
> gonna be able to dust off Lil Joey's cover and start crankin out some
> fresh Q. The good news is, with the Tilia and a huge burst near the
> end of fall, I got a lot of Q done and packed away. We've still
> managed something smokey almost every week...But Imiss fresh Ribs so I
> guess that will be first.
> I hope all is well here, I heard about Chuch and sent a message to his
> family (thanks Jason for the info). I'll get back to monitering news
> here soon,
> Happy Q'ing
>
> Jeanine and her lil smokin' joey!

Sorry to hea about your mom. Some of us have already been down that road and
feel for ya. Now fire that thing up and report back pronto.
Jack

Harry Demidavicius

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:28:46 -0600, "Jack Sloan" >
wrote:

>"Jeanine Hoffman" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Hey all,
>> For those that may have wondered, I'm still in existence just going
>> through a rough spot. My mom got really sick late oct and she passed
>> away in Dec. I was commuting up to CT almost every weekend until I
>> took family leave near the end to stay with her. We're still clearing
>> up estate issues and settling things but I will be back eventually on
>> a more regular basis. In the meantime, weather is turning and I'm
>> gonna be able to dust off Lil Joey's cover and start crankin out some
>> fresh Q. The good news is, with the Tilia and a huge burst near the
>> end of fall, I got a lot of Q done and packed away. We've still
>> managed something smokey almost every week...But Imiss fresh Ribs so I
>> guess that will be first.
>> I hope all is well here, I heard about Chuch and sent a message to his
>> family (thanks Jason for the info). I'll get back to monitering news
>> here soon,
>> Happy Q'ing
>>
>> Jeanine and her lil smokin' joey!

You are feeling bad right now Jeanine, but be glad for what happened
to her. You will soon heal up. My mother is in a home and for
somebody in their 90ies who's had a couple of strokes, her body is
going strong and she gets to meet new friends every morning. Her
quality of life sucks and the family would be relieved to see her move
on. It's time.

OB: BBQ - about to light up the Baby K for a little spatchcocked
chicken. The Penzeys order just arrived yesterday and I have a couple
of new rubs to try. Yess!

Harry

>Sorry to hea about your mom. Some of us have already been down that road and
>feel for ya. Now fire that thing up and report back pronto.
>Jack

BOB

Jeanine Hoffman wrote:
> Hey all,
> For those that may have wondered, I'm still in existence just going
> through a rough spot. My mom got really sick late oct and she passed
> away in Dec. I was commuting up to CT almost every weekend until I
> took family leave near the end to stay with her. We're still clearing
> up estate issues and settling things but I will be back eventually on
> a more regular basis. In the meantime, weather is turning and I'm
> gonna be able to dust off Lil Joey's cover and start crankin out some
> fresh Q. The good news is, with the Tilia and a huge burst near the
> end of fall, I got a lot of Q done and packed away. We've still
> managed something smokey almost every week...But Imiss fresh Ribs so I
> guess that will be first.
> I hope all is well here, I heard about Chuch and sent a message to his
> family (thanks Jason for the info). I'll get back to monitering news
> here soon,
> Happy Q'ing
>
> Jeanine and her lil smokin' joey!

Glad you're back! We need another voice of reason here, especially when some
regulars begin/continue feeding trolls and follow up with crosspostings.

Get Joey fired up and both of you get back in practice.

BOB

Jason Tinling

You're welcome chica, and welcome back! I expect to see some Faire-Q this
year :-)

Jason

Mark Shaw

In article >,
Jeanine Hoffman > wrote:
>Hey all,
>For those that may have wondered, I'm still in existence just going
>through a rough spot. My mom got really sick late oct and she passed
>away in Dec. I was commuting up to CT almost every weekend until I
>took family leave near the end to stay with her. We're still clearing
>up estate issues and settling things but I will be back eventually on
>a more regular basis.

Sorry to hear all that. I can relate -- in 2003 I lost (in order of
passing) my favorite aunt, my family's best friend, my job, my dad,
and my old dog. And, like yourself, I'm still dealing with Dad's
estate issues.

2004's gotta be better; there's little chance of it's being worse.

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"It looks great at night. In the day, it winces like a hungover

OT sort of A Moose in Love General Cooking 22 02-06-2012 11:12 AM
OT(sort of) [email protected] Barbecue 0 09-05-2006 04:02 PM
Sorry sort of Ol' Hippie Barbecue 5 31-12-2004 05:50 PM
OT sort-a Steve Calvin Barbecue 6 02-10-2004 02:24 AM