Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT sort of

Why is there anything? Why a universe? Why planet earth with so many
good things to eat. Why is there mustard? Prepared mustard is really
good on burgers and franks. And I love to eat raw porcupine. Who put
them here? We have unleashed the power of the atom, and still can't
understand why there are atoms in the first place. Why hops? To make
beer? Why? I ate lizard, and was thankful that they are not a
regular part of the Canadian diet. Why put lizards here? Why big
ugly insects that only a mother would love? It all just overwhelms
me. Why do we kill each other, and wish harm on one another? We are
but a tiny speck (bacon) in this universe. We don't matter one teensy
weeny bit.
How many universes are out there? It wouldn't surprise me if there
were an infinite amount of universes. But why would there be?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 17, 12:17*pm, A Moose in Love >
wrote:
> Why is there anything? *Why a universe? *Why planet earth with so many
> good things to eat. *Why is there mustard? *Prepared mustard is really
> good on burgers and franks. *And I love to eat raw porcupine. *Who put
> them here? *We have unleashed the power of the atom, and still can't
> understand why there are atoms in the first place. *Why hops? *To make
> beer? *Why? *I ate lizard, and was thankful that they are not a
> regular part of the Canadian diet. *Why put lizards here? *Why big
> ugly insects that only a mother would love? *It all just overwhelms
> me. *Why do we kill each other, and wish harm on one another? *We are
> but a tiny speck (bacon) in this universe. *We don't matter one teensy
> weeny bit.
> How many universes are out there? *It wouldn't surprise me if there
> were an infinite amount of universes. *But why would there be?

smokin' the ole evil weed again, huh?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:32:24 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On May 17, 12:17*pm, A Moose in Love >
>wrote:
>> Why is there anything? *Why a universe? *Why planet earth with so many
>> good things to eat. *Why is there mustard? *Prepared mustard is really
>> good on burgers and franks. *And I love to eat raw porcupine. *Who put
>> them here? *We have unleashed the power of the atom, and still can't
>> understand why there are atoms in the first place. *Why hops? *To make
>> beer? *Why? *I ate lizard, and was thankful that they are not a
>> regular part of the Canadian diet. *Why put lizards here? *Why big
>> ugly insects that only a mother would love? *It all just overwhelms
>> me. *Why do we kill each other, and wish harm on one another? *We are
>> but a tiny speck (bacon) in this universe. *We don't matter one teensy
>> weeny bit.
>> How many universes are out there? *It wouldn't surprise me if there
>> were an infinite amount of universes. *But why would there be?

>smokin' the ole evil weed again, huh?

Sounds like an acid trip to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 17, 3:39*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:32:24 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
>

> > wrote:
> >On May 17, 12:17*pm, A Moose in Love >
> >wrote:
> >> Why is there anything? *Why a universe? *Why planet earth with so many
> >> good things to eat. *Why is there mustard? *Prepared mustard is really
> >> good on burgers and franks. *And I love to eat raw porcupine. *Who put
> >> them here? *We have unleashed the power of the atom, and still can't
> >> understand why there are atoms in the first place. *Why hops? *To make
> >> beer? *Why? *I ate lizard, and was thankful that they are not a
> >> regular part of the Canadian diet. *Why put lizards here? *Why big
> >> ugly insects that only a mother would love? *It all just overwhelms
> >> me. *Why do we kill each other, and wish harm on one another? *We are
> >> but a tiny speck (bacon) in this universe. *We don't matter one teensy
> >> weeny bit.
> >> How many universes are out there? *It wouldn't surprise me if there
> >> were an infinite amount of universes. *But why would there be?

> >smokin' the ole evil weed again, huh?

> Sounds like an acid trip to me.

oh i see because i ask the big questions all of a sudden i'm on some
kind of dope
i wish i could get good opiates at a price the creator seems to have
forsaken my desires
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
A Moose in Love > wrote:

> Why is there anything?

so that folks like you have something to blame for your failures

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:17:35 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
>How many universes are out there? It wouldn't surprise me if there
>were an infinite amount of universes. But why would there be?

There may just be an infinite number of universes, or what's called a
multiverse:

http://www.astronomy.pomona.edu/Proj...utliverse.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-yEu-b_YD0

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 17, 3:31*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:17:35 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in > wrote:

> >How many universes are out there? *It wouldn't surprise me if there
> >were an infinite amount of universes. *But why would there be?

> There may just be an infinite number of universes, or what's called a
> multiverse:
>
> http://www.astronomy.pomona.edu/Proj...an%27s%20mutli...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-yEu-b_YD0
>
> John Kuthe...

Careful John...you're gonna freak him out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 17, 6:42*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On May 17, 3:31*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:17:35 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in > wrote:

> > >How many universes are out there? *It wouldn't surprise me if there
> > >were an infinite amount of universes. *But why would there be?

> > There may just be an infinite number of universes, or what's called a
> > multiverse:

> >http://www.astronomy.pomona.edu/Proj...an%27s%20mutli...

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-yEu-b_YD0

> > John Kuthe...

> Careful John...you're gonna freak him out.

I wish that someone could answer the big question: why? why
multiuniverses?
why our universe? why the big bang? how did that happen?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:17:35 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> Why is there anything? Why a universe? Why planet earth with so many
> good things to eat. Why is there mustard? Prepared mustard is really
> good on burgers and franks. And I love to eat raw porcupine. Who put
> them here? We have unleashed the power of the atom, and still can't
> understand why there are atoms in the first place. Why hops? To make
> beer? Why? I ate lizard, and was thankful that they are not a
> regular part of the Canadian diet. Why put lizards here? Why big
> ugly insects that only a mother would love? It all just overwhelms
> me. Why do we kill each other, and wish harm on one another? We are
> but a tiny speck (bacon) in this universe. We don't matter one teensy
> weeny bit.
> How many universes are out there? It wouldn't surprise me if there
> were an infinite amount of universes. But why would there be?

If it's true that an atom can exist in several different states at the same time, there could be an infinite numbers of universes. If atoms can exist in different states then it's seems unlikely that there can be only a single real existence.

OTOH, if an atom has only one state of being in time and if there's only one state it can move to, then it's seems unlikely that true randomness exists and everything that has happened or will happen was decided when the universe was born.

My guess is that it's one or the other. Pick the one that gives you the most comfort. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 17, 12:39*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:32:24 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
>

> > wrote:
> >On May 17, 12:17*pm, A Moose in Love >
> >wrote:
> >> Why is there anything? *Why a universe? *Why planet earth with so many
> >> good things to eat. *Why is there mustard? *Prepared mustard is really
> >> good on burgers and franks. *And I love to eat raw porcupine. *Who put
> >> them here? *We have unleashed the power of the atom, and still can't
> >> understand why there are atoms in the first place. *Why hops? *To make
> >> beer? *Why? *I ate lizard, and was thankful that they are not a
> >> regular part of the Canadian diet. *Why put lizards here? *Why big
> >> ugly insects that only a mother would love? *It all just overwhelms
> >> me. *Why do we kill each other, and wish harm on one another? *We are
> >> but a tiny speck (bacon) in this universe. *We don't matter one teensy
> >> weeny bit.
> >> How many universes are out there? *It wouldn't surprise me if there
> >> were an infinite amount of universes. *But why would there be?

> >smokin' the ole evil weed again, huh?

> Sounds like an acid trip to me.

Exactly what I was going to say!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 May 2012 18:07:48 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On May 17, 6:42*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:

>> > There may just be an infinite number of universes, or what's called a
>> > multiverse:

>> >http://www.astronomy.pomona.edu/Proj...an%27s%20mutli...

>> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-yEu-b_YD0

>> > John Kuthe...

>> Careful John...you're gonna freak him out.

>I wish that someone could answer the big question: why? why
>multiuniverses?
>why our universe? why the big bang? how did that happen?

"Why?" is a never ending question it seems, at least when you demand a
causal answer. Like "Why did the book fall off the table?" "Because I
pushed it." The effect resulted from a cause. But I have come to the
conclusion that there are thing which do not have causal explantions,
they just are. That's just their inherent nature, and there is no
"why?" involved. Like "why our universe?" Well, we have to exist in
*a* universe and it just happens to be this one. There is no "why?"
about it, it's an irrelevant and inappropriate question for the
situation.

More imnportant in these situations is the famous koan "What is the
sound of one hand clapping?" ;-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 5:36*am, Janet > wrote:
> In article <525e5fdd-38f0-4746-9fa4-4194f807bbf1
> @to5g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, says...
>
> > oh i see *because i ask the big questions all of a sudden i'm on some
> > kind of dope

> *Probably, if you think "why is there mustard" and *"Why big
> *ugly insects that only a mother would love " are the big questions.
>
> * *Janet

well then riddle me this: why is there mustard?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:

> On May 17, 6:42 pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:

> > > There may just be an infinite number of universes, or what's called a
> > > multiverse:

> > >http://www.astronomy.pomona.edu/Proj...an%27s%20mutli...

> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-yEu-b_YD0

> > > John Kuthe...

> > Careful John...you're gonna freak him out.

> I wish that someone could answer the big question: why? why
> multiuniverses?
> why our universe? why the big bang? how did that happen?

It was a high school science project that got out of hand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:

> well then riddle me this: why is there mustard?

Because there were hot dogs. And they were good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 18, 5:09*pm, Gary > wrote:
> A Moose in Love wrote:
>

> > well then riddle me this: *why is there mustard?

> Because there were hot dogs. *And they were good.

dog before mustard interesting
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:

> On May 18, 5:09 pm, Gary > wrote:
> > A Moose in Love wrote:
> >

> > > well then riddle me this: why is there mustard?

> > Because there were hot dogs. And they were good.

> dog before mustard interesting

I just bought a pack of Nathan's all beef dogs today. I'll give them
another try as they were on a good sale ($2.75). I think I'll still prefer
the Oscar Meyer all beef dogs though.

And speaking of Nathan's dogs. It always reminds me of the annual July 4th
contest. That contest is like beyond science fiction to me.....eating +/- 60
hotdogs in buns in only 12 minutes. If I hadn't watched a few of those
myself, I would argue until day's end that it's just not possible. Geez!

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 19, 8:24*am, Gary > wrote:
> A Moose in Love wrote:

> > > Because there were hot dogs. *And they were good.

> > dog before mustard *interesting

> I just bought a pack of Nathan's all beef dogs today. *I'll give them
> another try as they were on a good sale ($2.75). *I think I'll still prefer
> the Oscar Meyer all beef dogs though.
>
> And speaking of Nathan's dogs. *It always reminds me of the annual July 4th
> contest. That contest is like beyond science fiction to me.....eating +/- 60
> hotdogs in buns in only 12 minutes. *If I hadn't watched a few of those
> myself, I would argue until day's end that it's just not possible. *Geez!

Hot dogs, the original pink slime.

> Gary

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

> Hot dogs, the original pink slime.

hahaha. Hi Bryan!

Hot dogs, scrapple, and a few other things.....I'm not worried about pink
slime. Most likely worst things in them than that....and we've been eating
pink slime forever until it just recently made the news a few months ago.

As my old doctor once said, "Eat whatever you want to, just don't eat a lot
of any one thing."

Gary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 May 2012 11:03:56 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bryan wrote:
>>
>> Hot dogs, the original pink slime.

>hahaha. Hi Bryan!
>
>Hot dogs, scrapple, and a few other things.....I'm not worried about pink
>slime. Most likely worst things in them than that....and we've been eating
>pink slime forever until it just recently made the news a few months ago.

*I* have not been eating pink slime, save for that one time I bought
Schnuck's ground beef (and never again!). I buy my grund beef at
Straub's in StLouis, which as soon as this pink slime story came out
posted to their Facebook page about how they have never used pink
slime in their ground beef (which I knew but thankes them for
confirming!)

>As my old doctor once said, "Eat whatever you want to, just don't eat a lot
>of any one thing."
>
>Gary

Well, I'll stay away from rotten foods, Death Cap and other amanita
fungi, etc. I'n not even find of rhubarb or lima beans, which have
high cyanide contents! Maybe there's a reason?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:17:35 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
>> Why is there anything? Why a universe? Why planet earth with so many
>> good things to eat. Why is there mustard? Prepared mustard is really
>> good on burgers and franks. And I love to eat raw porcupine. Who put
>> them here? We have unleashed the power of the atom, and still can't
>> understand why there are atoms in the first place. Why hops? To make
>> beer? Why? I ate lizard, and was thankful that they are not a
>> regular part of the Canadian diet. Why put lizards here? Why big
>> ugly insects that only a mother would love? It all just overwhelms
>> me. Why do we kill each other, and wish harm on one another? We are
>> but a tiny speck (bacon) in this universe. We don't matter one teensy
>> weeny bit.
>> How many universes are out there? It wouldn't surprise me if there
>> were an infinite amount of universes. But why would there be?

> If it's true that an atom can exist in several different states at the
> same time, there could be an infinite numbers of universes. If atoms can
> exist in different states then it's seems unlikely that there can be only
> a single real existence.
>
> OTOH, if an atom has only one state of being in time and if there's only
> one state it can move to, then it's seems unlikely that true randomness
> exists and everything that has happened or will happen was decided when
> the universe was born.
>
> My guess is that it's one or the other. Pick the one that gives you the
> most comfort. :-)

Despite the "infinity" of space The Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies will
crash into each other in four billion years
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18285583 something to look
forward to.

Mike

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2012 7:33 PM, Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> On Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:17:35 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
>>> Why is there anything? Why a universe? Why planet earth with so many
>>> good things to eat. Why is there mustard? Prepared mustard is really
>>> good on burgers and franks. And I love to eat raw porcupine. Who put
>>> them here? We have unleashed the power of the atom, and still can't
>>> understand why there are atoms in the first place. Why hops? To make
>>> beer? Why? I ate lizard, and was thankful that they are not a
>>> regular part of the Canadian diet. Why put lizards here? Why big
>>> ugly insects that only a mother would love? It all just overwhelms
>>> me. Why do we kill each other, and wish harm on one another? We are
>>> but a tiny speck (bacon) in this universe. We don't matter one teensy
>>> weeny bit.
>>> How many universes are out there? It wouldn't surprise me if there
>>> were an infinite amount of universes. But why would there be?

>> If it's true that an atom can exist in several different states at the
>> same time, there could be an infinite numbers of universes. If atoms can
>> exist in different states then it's seems unlikely that there can be only
>> a single real existence.
>>
>> OTOH, if an atom has only one state of being in time and if there's only
>> one state it can move to, then it's seems unlikely that true randomness
>> exists and everything that has happened or will happen was decided when
>> the universe was born.
>>
>> My guess is that it's one or the other. Pick the one that gives you the
>> most comfort. :-)

> Despite the "infinity" of space The Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies will
> crash into each other in four billion years
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18285583 something to look
> forward to.

Thanks for the link. The picture of Andromeda and our milk way crashing
into each other is pretty fanciful. I'm guessing that from our POV, the
night sky will appear to be mostly the same. OTOH, in 4 billion years,
the sun might be huge and this planet could be burnt to a crisp.

OT - sort of kilikini Barbecue 0 12-06-2007 01:54 PM
OT(sort of) [email protected] Barbecue 0 09-05-2006 04:02 PM
Sorry sort of Ol' Hippie Barbecue 5 31-12-2004 06:50 PM
OT sort-a Steve Calvin Barbecue 6 02-10-2004 02:24 AM