BOB

Default Bugg in Florida.

I met Dave about 3:30 for dinner at Bubbalou's in Orlando. Were your ears
burning? We talked about almost everyone on this forum. (Yes, Ginger,
especially you and Bob in Ga!)

Bubbalou's did *not* let me down. The food was as I had expected, and the beans
were actually great this time. Dave had the sliced pork sandwich and I had the
pulled. He said he enjoyed it, and I know I did mine.

Big Jim, Dave's headed your way (you probably already got the phone call).

We talked about BBQ and all you people and his grand opening party. There's a
lot more to opening a restaurant than meets the eye and it sounds like Dave has
done all his homework. Best of luck, Dave and I wish I could be there for the
party.

BOB

Jack Curry

BOB wrote:
> I met Dave about 3:30 for dinner at Bubbalou's in Orlando. Were your
> ears burning? We talked about almost everyone on this forum. (Yes,
> Ginger, especially you and Bob in Ga!)
>
> Bubbalou's did *not* let me down. The food was as I had expected,
> and the beans were actually great this time. Dave had the sliced
> pork sandwich and I had the pulled. He said he enjoyed it, and I
> know I did mine.
>
> Big Jim, Dave's headed your way (you probably already got the phone
> call).
>
> We talked about BBQ and all you people and his grand opening party.
> There's a lot more to opening a restaurant than meets the eye and it
> sounds like Dave has done all his homework. Best of luck, Dave and I
> wish I could be there for the party.
>
> BOB

Well done, BOB. Nice to treat the boy from the left coast properly.

Jack Curry

F.G. Whitfurrows

" BOB" > wrote
> We talked about almost everyone on this forum.

Uh oh.....I got a guilty conscience, I guess, but I'm afraid this may not
bode well for ol' Fosco.

On the other hand....I can hardly wait for that damned grand opening and I
and my beautiful wife and chilluns intend to be there.

BOB...you know you got a hat or shirt or sumpin' comin' if Dave hasnt
already sent ya one by then.:>)

On topic portion of the post in case the other part wasn't enough for Kevin:

Rub a butt...cook it at 225 using lump and hickory for about 10 hours or
until it hits 190 internally.....pull it, put it on a damned bun and eat it.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Big Jim

" BOB" > wrote in message
s.com...
> I met Dave about 3:30 for dinner at Bubbalou's in Orlando. Were your ears
> burning? We talked about almost everyone on this forum. (Yes, Ginger,
> especially you and Bob in Ga!)
>
> Bubbalou's did *not* let me down. The food was as I had expected, and the

beans
> were actually great this time. Dave had the sliced pork sandwich and I

had the
> pulled. He said he enjoyed it, and I know I did mine.
>
> Big Jim, Dave's headed your way (you probably already got the phone call).
>
> We talked about BBQ and all you people and his grand opening party.

There's a
> lot more to opening a restaurant than meets the eye and it sounds like

Dave has
> done all his homework. Best of luck, Dave and I wish I could be there for

the
> party.
>
> BOB

If he came yesterday, I didn't get to see him. I left about 4:30
--
Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

BOB

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> " BOB" > wrote
>> We talked about almost everyone on this forum.

> Uh oh.....I got a guilty conscience, I guess, but I'm afraid this may not
> bode well for ol' Fosco.

You're off the hook. We passed over you quickly, and nothing bad was said
(IIRC)

> On the other hand....I can hardly wait for that damned grand opening and I
> and my beautiful wife and chilluns intend to be there.

Dave's ready, just the building is not.

> BOB...you know you got a hat or shirt or sumpin' comin' if Dave hasnt
> already sent ya one by then.:>)

A shirt *and* a hat??

> On topic portion of the post in case the other part wasn't enough for Kevin:
>
> Rub a butt...cook it at 225 using lump and hickory for about 10 hours or
> until it hits 190 internally.....pull it, put it on a damned bun and eat it.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

BOB

Big Jim wrote:
> " BOB" > wrote in message
> s.com...
>> I met Dave about 3:30 for dinner at Bubbalou's in Orlando. Were your ears
>> burning? We talked about almost everyone on this forum. (Yes, Ginger,
>> especially you and Bob in Ga!)
>>
>> Bubbalou's did *not* let me down. The food was as I had expected, and the
>> beans were actually great this time. Dave had the sliced pork sandwich and I
>> had the pulled. He said he enjoyed it, and I know I did mine.
>>
>> Big Jim, Dave's headed your way (you probably already got the phone call).
>>
>> We talked about BBQ and all you people and his grand opening party. There's a
>> lot more to opening a restaurant than meets the eye and it sounds like Dave
>> has done all his homework. Best of luck, Dave and I wish I could be there
>> for the party.
>>
>> BOB
>>

> If he came yesterday, I didn't get to see him. I left about 4:30
> --
> Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

Last he said was he *might* stop for the night near Ocala, Micanopy, McIntosh.
He had your phone number.

BPB

Big Jim

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Big Jim wrote:
> > " BOB" > wrote in message

> > If he came yesterday, I didn't get to see him. I left about 4:30
> > --
> > Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

> Last he said was he *might* stop for the night near Ocala, Micanopy,

McIntosh.
> He had your phone number.
>
> BPB

Dave got here about 11:30 this morning and stayed till after 2:00. I fed him
pretty good, I hope. We talked que and shot the bull with my customers and
messed with the pit some.
The Boy looks great and seems to be doing much better.
Wertz, he is heading your way.
--
Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

Big Jim

I sent a message about Bugg being here Friday but ain't seen it yet.
Any Dave was here and we visited about 3 hours, while he samples the wares.
I hope he got enough to eat.
Wertz he is heading your way, be looking for him.

--
Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

BOB

Big Jim wrote:
> " BOB" > wrote in message
>> Big Jim wrote:
>>> " BOB" > wrote in message

>>> If he came yesterday, I didn't get to see him. I left about 4:30
>>> --
>>> Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

>> Last he said was he *might* stop for the night near Ocala, Micanopy,

McIntosh.
>> He had your phone number.
>>
>> BPB
>>

> Dave got here about 11:30 this morning and stayed till after 2:00. I fed him
> pretty good, I hope. We talked que and shot the bull with my customers and
> messed with the pit some.
> The Boy looks great and seems to be doing much better.
> Wertz, he is heading your way.
> --
> Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

Glad you two didn't just cross paths. Yes, he did look great, and he even
raised my spirits a bit.

Wertz, treat him good!

BOB

BOB

Big Jim wrote:
> I sent a message about Bugg being here Friday but ain't seen it yet.
> Any Dave was here and we visited about 3 hours, while he samples the wares.
> I hope he got enough to eat.
> Wertz he is heading your way, be looking for him.
>
> --
> Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

your message showed up here. I just sent a response to it. That's a long trip
to buy a Jeep.

BOB

F.G. Whitfurrows

" BOB" > wrote

> That's a long trip to buy a Jeep.

Now wait jussa second here. Don't Dave know they sell Jeeps here in this
parta the country too? You can gettum in places other than Florida. Did you
boys clue him in to this fact?

OnT: I like to rub my ribs with a little salt and pepper before I Q 'em.:>)
Sometimes I use other stuff too.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Steve Squirtz

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:46:03 GMT, "Big Jim" >
wrote:

> Wertz, he is heading your way.

I didn't think he'd be travelling so soon. I'm house-sitting until
Tuesday and not at the Phone # I gave him.

-sw
Steve Squirtz

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:41:05 -0500, " BOB" >
wrote:

>Wertz, treat him good!

Anybody know if he had a cellphone and the #? (Since I won't be at
home when he calls).

-sw

Thomas Mooney

Steve Squirtz > wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:41:05 -0500, " BOB" >
> wrote:
>
> >Wertz, treat him good!

> Anybody know if he had a cellphone and the #? (Since I won't be at
> home when he calls).

Steve,

You could try calling his wife. She would a) be able to give you his
cellphone number or b) be able to pass your message on to Dave next time he
checked in.

Just a thought.

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

BOB

Steve Squirtz wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:41:05 -0500, " BOB" >
> wrote:
>
>> Wertz, treat him good!

> Anybody know if he had a cellphone and the #? (Since I won't be at
> home when he calls).
>

> -sw

Yes.

Reply to *THIS* post with a real addy and I'll e-mail it to you.

BOB

BOB

Steve Squirtz wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:46:03 GMT, "Big Jim" >
> wrote:
>
>> Wertz, he is heading your way.

> I didn't think he'd be travelling so soon. I'm house-sitting until
> Tuesday and not at the Phone # I gave him.
>
> -sw

I e-mailed you his address if I un-encripted your address in your other post.

I deleted the mailto://

F.G. Whitfurrows

"Steve Squirtz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:46:03 GMT, "Big Jim" >
> wrote:
>
> > Wertz, he is heading your way.

> I didn't think he'd be travelling so soon. I'm house-sitting until
> Tuesday and not at the Phone # I gave him.

Check out the business card on abf.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

BOB

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> "Steve Squirtz" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:46:03 GMT, "Big Jim" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Wertz, he is heading your way.

>> I didn't think he'd be travelling so soon. I'm house-sitting until
>> Tuesday and not at the Phone # I gave him.
>>

> Check out the business card on abf.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

D'OH!

Why didn't *I* think of that?
That's the one on my caller ID

BOB

Steve Squirtz

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:27:29 -0800, "F.G. Whitfurrows"
> wrote:

>Check out the business card on abf.

Oh yeah. Duh. I saw that.

I got it from Bob in the meantime, though. Thanks.

-sw

Yo, Mr. Bugg Steve Calvin Barbecue 6 01-06-2007 11:33 PM
A big thanks to Dave Bugg from Down Under Peter Rodger Barbecue 30 26-10-2005 12:21 AM
DAVES FARM FRESH FLORIDA PRODUCE BROOKSVILLE FLORIDA CHERRY PICKER Restaurants 0 09-06-2004 04:52 AM
BUGG Big Jim Barbecue 2 19-02-2004 01:59 AM
Bugg Lew/+Silat Barbecue 1 20-01-2004 05:46 AM