Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Yo, Mr. Bugg

Glad to "see" ya.

I've been remiss in following what's happening. If we ever
meet, you can kick my a@@. ;-)

Did you get a new place? If yes, how's it goin?
--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Glad to "see" ya.
>
> I've been remiss in following what's happening. If we ever
> meet, you can kick my a@@. ;-)
>
> Did you get a new place? If yes, how's it goin?

Hi, Steve.

No new place, yet. I am going through the permitting process to remodel part
of our garage into commercial kitchen space. I'll be doing catering and will
be building a concession wagon to use until we find the new location.

Right now I'm doing bbq for commercial contracts at a different commercial
kitchen site.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

> No new place, yet. I am going through the permitting process to remodel part
> of our garage into commercial kitchen space. I'll be doing catering and will
> be building a concession wagon to use until we find the new location.
>
> Right now I'm doing bbq for commercial contracts at a different commercial
> kitchen site.

Oh man, permit processes. My condolences if they're anything
like around here! Hang in there.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Dave Bugg wrote:
>

>> No new place, yet. I am going through the permitting process to
>> remodel part of our garage into commercial kitchen space. I'll be
>> doing catering and will be building a concession wagon to use until
>> we find the new location. Right now I'm doing bbq for commercial
>> contracts at a different
>> commercial kitchen site.
>>

> Oh man, permit processes. My condolences if they're anything
> like around here! Hang in there.

It's not been bad at all..... yet, anyway. I have gone to great lengths to
specify, with a narrative attached to the application, exactly what the
kitchen will be used for, what equipment will be placed and how it operates,
and how I plan to handle things like deliveries and vendors.

Next will be the permitting process for the health district, but I don't
anticipate any problems. After dealing with the permitting for a restaurant,
I'm pretty well-versed into what to do.

The fees for the permits for remodeling, home occupation, and health
district are expensive though. $825.00 when all is said and done.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Steve Calvin wrote:
> > Dave Bugg wrote:
> >

> >> No new place, yet. I am going through the permitting process to
> >> remodel part of our garage into commercial kitchen space. I'll be
> >> doing catering and will be building a concession wagon to use until
> >> we find the new location. Right now I'm doing bbq for commercial
> >> contracts at a different
> >> commercial kitchen site.
> >>

> > Oh man, permit processes. My condolences if they're anything
> > like around here! Hang in there.

> It's not been bad at all..... yet, anyway. I have gone to great lengths to
> specify, with a narrative attached to the application, exactly what the
> kitchen will be used for, what equipment will be placed and how it

operates,
> and how I plan to handle things like deliveries and vendors.
>
> Next will be the permitting process for the health district, but I don't
> anticipate any problems. After dealing with the permitting for a

restaurant,
> I'm pretty well-versed into what to do.
>
> The fees for the permits for remodeling, home occupation, and health
> district are expensive though. $825.00 when all is said and done.
>
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

As I have been out of the loop for awhile, is it appropriate to ask what
happened to your last place? I followed the saga a few years back from
events preceding through your opening and wished I was closer so I could
have visited!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Bob Hayden" > wrote in message
. net...
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> > Steve Calvin wrote:

> > > Oh man, permit processes. My condolences if they're anything
> > > like around here! Hang in there.

> > It's not been bad at all..... yet, anyway. I have gone to great lengths

> > specify, with a narrative attached to the application, exactly what the
> > kitchen will be used for, what equipment will be placed and how it

> operates,
> > and how I plan to handle things like deliveries and vendors.
> >
> > Next will be the permitting process for the health district, but I don't
> > anticipate any problems. After dealing with the permitting for a

> restaurant,
> > I'm pretty well-versed into what to do.
> >
> > The fees for the permits for remodeling, home occupation, and health
> > district are expensive though. $825.00 when all is said and done.
> >
> > --
> > Dave
> > www.davebbq.com
> >

> As I have been out of the loop for awhile, is it appropriate to ask what
> happened to your last place? I followed the saga a few years back from
> events preceding through your opening and wished I was closer so I could
> have visited!

....or I could just read your website!
Hey, all the best in your ventures!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

> It's not been bad at all..... yet, anyway. I have gone to great lengths to
> specify, with a narrative attached to the application, exactly what the
> kitchen will be used for, what equipment will be placed and how it operates,
> and how I plan to handle things like deliveries and vendors.

Sounds like you've done this before. ;-D

> The fees for the permits for remodeling, home occupation, and health
> district are expensive though. $825.00 when all is said and done.

OUCH. Dat's a bunch of ribs and slaw!

Good luck Dave.

--
Steve

A big thanks to Dave Bugg from Down Under Peter Rodger Barbecue 30 26-10-2005 12:21 AM
Dave's Bugg-in Harry Demidavicius Barbecue 13 10-10-2004 10:10 AM
BUGG Big Jim Barbecue 2 19-02-2004 01:59 AM
Bugg Lew/+Silat Barbecue 1 20-01-2004 05:46 AM
Dave Bugg and a.f.bbq Dan Abel General Cooking 0 31-10-2003 06:19 PM