JL

Default Kamado On E-Bay

I checked the AFB archives, and it looks like some
folks here have purchased a Kamado on eBay.

I'm curious, what kind of $$ savings people received
by going the eBay route.

ET

Off list price, a lot. They have a sale through the end of the year that is
almost as low as you can get on the Ebay auction. If you manage to win the
Ebay auction right at the reserve price, you can save about 4% from the sale
price. I don't think the gas option was discounted on the sale that was
running when I bid on mine, or I probably would have just ordered direct.
The current sale has the gas option discounted as well as other accessories.

"JL" > wrote in message
> I checked the AFB archives, and it looks like some
> folks here have purchased a Kamado on eBay.
>
> I'm curious, what kind of $$ savings people received
> by going the eBay route.

Steve Calvin

ET wrote:

> Off list price, a lot. They have a sale through the end of the year that is
> almost as low as you can get on the Ebay auction. If you manage to win the
> Ebay auction right at the reserve price, you can save about 4% from the sale
> price. I don't think the gas option was discounted on the sale that was
> running when I bid on mine, or I probably would have just ordered direct.
> The current sale has the gas option discounted as well as other accessories.

Ok, now I'm thinking about a #7 w/gas burner option. Their site isn't
very clear on the shipping. They say there's a delivery charge but they
really don't say (or at least I missed it if the do) what the charges
are if you pick it up yourself at the Com-Way distribution center.

Anyone know?

Jack Schidt®

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> ET wrote:
>
> > Off list price, a lot. They have a sale through the end of the year

that is
> > almost as low as you can get on the Ebay auction. If you manage to win

the
> > Ebay auction right at the reserve price, you can save about 4% from the

sale
> > price. I don't think the gas option was discounted on the sale that was
> > running when I bid on mine, or I probably would have just ordered

direct.
> > The current sale has the gas option discounted as well as other

accessories.

> Ok, now I'm thinking about a #7 w/gas burner option. Their site isn't
> very clear on the shipping. They say there's a delivery charge but they
> really don't say (or at least I missed it if the do) what the charges
> are if you pick it up yourself at the Com-Way distribution center.
>
> Anyone know?

My K7 was shipped last year via Con-Way and the total including lift gate
truck was around $250. Not bad for door to door, Sacramento to CT. I
uncrated it and pushed it on its wheels the remaining 15 feet. Let's not be
a slouch here.

Jack

Steve Calvin

Jack Schidt=AE wrote:

> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>=20
>>ET wrote:
>>

>>>Off list price, a lot. They have a sale through the end of the year

>=20
> that is
>=20
>>>almost as low as you can get on the Ebay auction. If you manage to wi=

>=20
> the
>=20
>>>Ebay auction right at the reserve price, you can save about 4% from th=

>=20
> sale
>=20
>>>price. I don't think the gas option was discounted on the sale that w=

as
>>>running when I bid on mine, or I probably would have just ordered

>=20
> direct.
>=20
>>>The current sale has the gas option discounted as well as other

>=20
> accessories.
>=20
>>Ok, now I'm thinking about a #7 w/gas burner option. Their site isn't
>>very clear on the shipping. They say there's a delivery charge but they=

>>really don't say (or at least I missed it if the do) what the charges
>>are if you pick it up yourself at the Com-Way distribution center.
>>
>>Anyone know?
>>

>=20
>=20
> My K7 was shipped last year via Con-Way and the total including lift ga=

te
> truck was around $250. Not bad for door to door, Sacramento to CT. I
> uncrated it and pushed it on its wheels the remaining 15 feet. Let's n=

ot be
> a slouch here.
>=20
> Jack
>=20

Actually, for something around 350 lbs, $250 door to door isn't all that =

bad! It should be about the same to NY and I'm not getting any younger=20
either! ;-)

Thanks Jack.

Jack Schidt®

Jack Schidt® wrote:

> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>
>>ET wrote:
>>

>>>Off list price, a lot. They have a sale through the end of the year

> that is
>
>>>almost as low as you can get on the Ebay auction. If you manage to win

> the
>
>>>Ebay auction right at the reserve price, you can save about 4% from the

> sale
>
>>>price. I don't think the gas option was discounted on the sale that was
>>>running when I bid on mine, or I probably would have just ordered

> direct.
>
>>>The current sale has the gas option discounted as well as other

> accessories.
>
>>Ok, now I'm thinking about a #7 w/gas burner option. Their site isn't
>>very clear on the shipping. They say there's a delivery charge but they
>>really don't say (or at least I missed it if the do) what the charges
>>are if you pick it up yourself at the Com-Way distribution center.
>>
>>Anyone know?
>>

> My K7 was shipped last year via Con-Way and the total including lift gate
> truck was around $250. Not bad for door to door, Sacramento to CT. I
> uncrated it and pushed it on its wheels the remaining 15 feet. Let's not

be
> a slouch here.
>
> Jack

Actually, for something around 350 lbs, $250 door to door isn't all that
bad! It should be about the same to NY and I'm not getting any younger
either! ;-)

Thanks Jack.

Speaking of age, I think I erred....it was the year before.

Good luck, the K is a wonderful cooker; too bad they take so long to ship.

Jack

Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:40:08 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> ET wrote:
>>
>> > Off list price, a lot. They have a sale through the end of the year

>that is
>> > almost as low as you can get on the Ebay auction. If you manage to win

>the
>> > Ebay auction right at the reserve price, you can save about 4% from the

>sale
>> > price. I don't think the gas option was discounted on the sale that was
>> > running when I bid on mine, or I probably would have just ordered

>direct.
>> > The current sale has the gas option discounted as well as other

>accessories.
>> >

>> Ok, now I'm thinking about a #7 w/gas burner option. Their site isn't
>> very clear on the shipping. They say there's a delivery charge but they
>> really don't say (or at least I missed it if the do) what the charges
>> are if you pick it up yourself at the Com-Way distribution center.
>>
>> Anyone know?
>>

>My K7 was shipped last year via Con-Way and the total including lift gate
>truck was around $250. Not bad for door to door, Sacramento to CT. I
>uncrated it and pushed it on its wheels the remaining 15 feet. Let's not be
>a slouch here.
>
>Jack

A whole fifteen feet? All by yourself?? Is your back OK ??? Oy! <g>

Harry
Jack Schidt®

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:40:08 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> > wrote:

> >that is

win
> >the

the
> >sale

was

> >direct.

> >accessories.
> >> >

> >> Ok, now I'm thinking about a #7 w/gas burner option. Their site isn't
> >> very clear on the shipping. They say there's a delivery charge but they
> >> really don't say (or at least I missed it if the do) what the charges
> >> are if you pick it up yourself at the Com-Way distribution center.
> >>
> >> Anyone know?
> >>

> >My K7 was shipped last year via Con-Way and the total including lift gate
> >truck was around $250. Not bad for door to door, Sacramento to CT. I
> >uncrated it and pushed it on its wheels the remaining 15 feet. Let's not

be
> >a slouch here.
> >
> >Jack
> >

> A whole fifteen feet? All by yourself?? Is your back OK ??? Oy! <g>
>
> Harry

Through the miracle of alcohol, I healed within hours.

Jack

notbob

On 2003-12-19, Jack Schidt® > wrote:

> Through the miracle of alcohol, I healed within hours.

Rubbing or mixing? ...or both!

nb
Jack Schidt®

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2003-12-19, Jack Schidt® > wrote:
>

> > Through the miracle of alcohol, I healed within hours.

> Rubbing or mixing? ...or both!
>
> nb

Oh, the mixing kind; no Kitty Dukakis rubbing alc cocktails for me!

Jack

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:22:09 -0500, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Ok, now I'm thinking about a #7 w/gas burner option. Their site isn't
>very clear on the shipping. They say there's a delivery charge but they
>really don't say (or at least I missed it if the do) what the charges
>are if you pick it up yourself at the Com-Way distribution center.

You'll have to call them to get a quote on the shipping. It cost $80
to ship my #7 from Sacremento to Boise, and another $45 to have
Con-Way deliver it to my door. I highly recommend spending the extra
money to have it delivered to your door. If you go that route, tell
Con-Way that you need a truck with a lift gate and a pallet truck. If
you pick it up yourself, keep in mind that you shouldn't lay the crate
down on its side.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho

Looking for input kamado.biz mobile Barbecue 27 18-11-2006 12:58 AM
Kamado does right by me. Matthew L. Martin Barbecue 5 12-04-2005 02:51 AM
BGE or Kamado fatsam Barbecue 29 07-09-2004 09:49 PM
Saw our first Kamado bk Barbecue 5 24-07-2004 11:23 PM
Kamado Dave Barbecue 26 29-06-2004 02:44 AM