Default what if i finish smoking my turkey early?!?!?!?

I know this have been covered before. But, what if I finish smoking the
bird early and I have say... two hours before people are ready for dinner?

...and..

what do you recommend for reheating the bird the next day?

...and..

how long will a smoked bird keep in the fridge?

The reason why I ask, is today I am smoking a "practice" bird in preperation for T-day and I am
going to finish a couple of hours of early.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Eric
Reg

d wrote:

> I know this have been covered before. But, what if I finish smoking the
> bird early and I have say... two hours before people are ready for dinner?

Two hours is no problem. Wrap the turkey in heavy duty foil and put it in
a cooler. I also wrap in some heavy towels to help insulate it. It'll keep
a few hours this way, well within safe range.

Jack Schidt®

"d" > wrote in message
newsan.2003.11.16.09.05.37.627686.4111@fernville .com...
> I know this have been covered before. But, what if I finish smoking the
> bird early and I have say... two hours before people are ready for dinner?

You can wrap it in foil, then towels and then place it in an ice chest.
It'll stay hot for a couple of hours.

> ..and..
>
> what do you recommend for reheating the bird the next day?

Simmer it for a few minutes in leftover gravy, or
Pop it in the oven at 250 for 20 minutes to half an hour, or
Microwave reheat at 70%

keep in mind the white meat is less fatty than the dark, so take care not to
dry it out.

> ..and..
>
> how long will a smoked bird keep in the fridge?

about a week.

> The reason why I ask, is today I am smoking a "practice" bird in

preperation for T-day and I am
> going to finish a couple of hours of early.
>
> Thanks in advance!!!!
>
> Eric

Edwin Pawlowski

"Reg" > wrote in message

> Two hours is no problem. Wrap the turkey in heavy duty foil and put it in
> a cooler.

Keep in mind, that although he uses the term "cooler" he is really saying an
insulated container to keep it HOT, not cool. They can keep thing hot
surprisingly long.

If you think you will have an extended period of wait, heat a couple of
bricks in the oven and put them in the container also.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome