Brian and Maryann

Default price to sharpen knives

A decent sharpening where I am at (Northern Indiana) is $1 per blade inch at
the shop. I don't like strangers coming to the house, so these guys that
come to you I don't bother with.

"Eddie" > wrote in message
> As the holidays get closer, I figured I'd better get the kitchen
> knives sharpened. I haven't sharpened knives in years!
>
> I called a couple places and they want $6.50 per knife regardless of
> size. One wants $85 min. if they come to the house.
>
> Another shop had a price of $5.00 for large and $3.00 for small.
>
> Both sound a little high for me. I have about 10-15 with most
> considered large that I'd like sharpened. So I might end up just
> getting one large sharpened and use it for the next couple months.
> Should stay sharp I hope.
>
> l know nothing of store sharpeners, such as type, price, etc.
> Any other suggestions?
>
> I'm in the San Jose area
> Eddie

Jack B

In article >, Eddie
> wrote:

> As the holidays get closer, I figured I'd better get the kitchen
> knives sharpened. I haven't sharpened knives in years!
>
> I called a couple places and they want $6.50 per knife regardless of
> size. One wants $85 min. if they come to the house.
>
> Another shop had a price of $5.00 for large and $3.00 for small.
>
> Both sound a little high for me. I have about 10-15 with most
> considered large that I'd like sharpened. So I might end up just
> getting one large sharpened and use it for the next couple months.
> Should stay sharp I hope.
>
> l know nothing of store sharpeners, such as type, price, etc.
> Any other suggestions?
>
> I'm in the San Jose area
> Eddie

Last time I had my knives sharpened was at Eversharp, NE Taft in
Minneapolis.

$0.99 per knife. Guy said they have this special price on sharpening a
couple of times per month.

It's a promotional thing... they sell knives there too. Gets people
into the store.

And I was delighted with the quality of work the guy did on my Henckels
and Sabbatier knives.

--
Jack
Nathan Lau

Eddie wrote:

> As the holidays get closer, I figured I'd better get the kitchen
> knives sharpened. I haven't sharpened knives in years!
>
> I called a couple places and they want $6.50 per knife regardless of
> size. One wants $85 min. if they come to the house.
>
> Another shop had a price of $5.00 for large and $3.00 for small.
>
> Both sound a little high for me. I have about 10-15 with most
> considered large that I'd like sharpened. So I might end up just
> getting one large sharpened and use it for the next couple months.
> Should stay sharp I hope.
>
> l know nothing of store sharpeners, such as type, price, etc.
> Any other suggestions?
>
> I'm in the San Jose area

I only know of the knife sharpening service periodically provided at
Cooking Etc. in Willow Glen (Lincoln at Minnesota). They'll be there
this weekend and next. Call 279-4631 for pricing.

As far as home use, we use a cheap, handheld Chef's Choice sharpener.

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>

The Fat Man®

Eddie wrote:
> As the holidays get closer, I figured I'd better get the kitchen
> knives sharpened. I haven't sharpened knives in years!
>
> I called a couple places and they want $6.50 per knife regardless of
> size. One wants $85 min. if they come to the house.
>
> Another shop had a price of $5.00 for large and $3.00 for small.
>
> Both sound a little high for me. I have about 10-15 with most
> considered large that I'd like sharpened. So I might end up just
> getting one large sharpened and use it for the next couple months.
> Should stay sharp I hope.
>
> l know nothing of store sharpeners, such as type, price, etc.
> Any other suggestions?

Dude, $6.50 to produce a sharp knife from a piece of shit is *more* than
reasonable.

Eddie, you're a tight-ass. These folks make a living doing this. Evidently
they do a good job of it, or they wouldn't be in business.

Do you really want to pay them McDonalds wages so you can use their skills
to prepare gourmet food?

Check the prices on new knives. Their resharpening prices are nonexistent
compared to new.

If you had the mad skillz to sharpen them yourself, then you would have the
room to bitch. As it stands, you're a tight ass.

TFM®

F.G. Whitfurrows

"Eddie" > wrote in message
> As the holidays get closer, I figured I'd better get the kitchen
> knives sharpened. I haven't sharpened knives in years!
>
> I called a couple places and they want $6.50 per knife regardless of
> size. One wants $85 min. if they come to the house.
>
> Another shop had a price of $5.00 for large and $3.00 for small.
>
> Both sound a little high for me. I have about 10-15 with most
> considered large that I'd like sharpened. So I might end up just
> getting one large sharpened and use it for the next couple months.
> Should stay sharp I hope.
>
> l know nothing of store sharpeners, such as type, price, etc.
> Any other suggestions?
>
> I'm in the San Jose area
> Eddie

We charge $2 a knife at Nella, but then we're in Seattle.
By the time you pay for the flight it might come to a bit more that 6.50 a
knife. Just a thought.
www.nella.com

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Bruce

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:59:08 GMT, "Brian and Maryann"
> wrote:

>A decent sharpening where I am at (Northern Indiana) is $1 per blade inch at
>the shop. I don't like strangers coming to the house, so these guys that
>come to you I don't bother with.

I'm in South Bend, where are you from?

Bruce

Mr. Wizard

"Eddie" > wrote in message
> As the holidays get closer, I figured I'd better get the kitchen
> knives sharpened. I haven't sharpened knives in years!
>
> I called a couple places and they want $6.50 per knife regardless of
> size. One wants $85 min. if they come to the house.
>
> Another shop had a price of $5.00 for large and $3.00 for small.
>
> Both sound a little high for me. I have about 10-15 with most
> considered large that I'd like sharpened. So I might end up just
> getting one large sharpened and use it for the next couple months.
> Should stay sharp I hope.
>
> l know nothing of store sharpeners, such as type, price, etc.
> Any other suggestions?
>
> I'm in the San Jose area
> Eddie

Lazy sh*t sack! Sharpen them yourself!!!

Edwin Pawlowski

"Eddie" > wrote in message
> l know nothing of store sharpeners, such as type, price, etc.
> Any other suggestions?

www.leevalley.com Many sharpening systems. I have the Gatco with four
stones. Works well.

barry

I use a Lansky and am quite happy with it. There are others similar to it
and others different from it. All work well if you are careful and follow
instructions.

If you don't want to do it yourself, you can take a flyer and call a machine
shop or wood working shop and ask them where they get their saws and cutters
sharpened. I used to go to a place in NYC named Kotchendorfer, down in
SOHO, and they did a perfect job very reasonably. The only problem was you
had to stand in the shop while the guys sharpened the knives and saws, and
there was a lot of oil spray, smoke and other stuff in the air. Kinda
reminded me of being back in the old production department.

Sharpening is really nothing more than removing metal to form a
predetermined, consistent angle and then polishing the surface that has been
worked.

Barry

"Eddie" > wrote in message
> As the holidays get closer, I figured I'd better get the kitchen
> knives sharpened. I haven't sharpened knives in years!
>
> I called a couple places and they want $6.50 per knife regardless of
> size. One wants $85 min. if they come to the house.
>
> Another shop had a price of $5.00 for large and $3.00 for small.
>
> Both sound a little high for me. I have about 10-15 with most
> considered large that I'd like sharpened. So I might end up just
> getting one large sharpened and use it for the next couple months.
> Should stay sharp I hope.
>
> l know nothing of store sharpeners, such as type, price, etc.
> Any other suggestions?
>
> I'm in the San Jose area
> Eddie

Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA

What a bunch of hypocrites! I got flamed for being "off-topic" when I
present an alternate way of cooking ribs. "This newsgroup is only for
discussions of cooking meat over an open flame" the hypocrites said.
But when a discussion of knife sharpening comes along, not a peep.

Hypocrites!

| Just Another Internet Wise Guy Macon, GA USA |

BOB

/| /| | / |
||__|| | | Please do not |
/ O O\__ | feed the Trolls. |
/ \ | Thank You. |
/ \ \ | |
/ _ \ \\--------------------¥
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `¥
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

"Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA" > wrote in
message ...

> What a bunch of hypocrites! I got flamed for being "off-topic" when I
> present an alternate way of cooking ribs. "This newsgroup is only for
> discussions of cooking meat over an open flame" the hypocrites said.
> But when a discussion of knife sharpening comes along, not a peep.
>
> Hypocrites!

> | Just Another Internet Wise Guy Macon, GA USA |

F.G. Whitfurrows

**** off, Wipe ass!

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 07:21:05 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:
>
>Hypocrites!

You certainly are, and a liar, too.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Brick

"Eddie" > wrote in message
> As the holidays get closer, I figured I'd better get the kitchen
> knives sharpened. I haven't sharpened knives in years!
>
> I called a couple places and they want $6.50 per knife regardless of
> size. One wants $85 min. if they come to the house.

<snip>

Call some of your major hardware chains. Ace Hardware here in
Tampa sharpens knives for about $1.50 each. They have impressive
looking equipment, but I wasn't overly impressed with the results on
my steak knives. I have tried several sharpening systems particularly
stones, but including the Chef's Choice electric. I currently use just
(diamond) steel. My knives are cheap (Chicago Cutlery), but
extremely sharp.

Brick(Masta Couch Bouncer)

James Emanuel

"Eddie" > wrote in message
> As the holidays get closer, I figured I'd better get the kitchen
> knives sharpened. I haven't sharpened knives in years!
> > I'm in the San Jose area

> Eddie

Eddie:

I suggest you check out your local restaurant supply houses. My local
(Walnut Creek, CA) restaurant supply sharpens knives for $2.00 (and sells
40# of Lazzari lump for $12.83). Lots of cool restaurant type stuff in
there, too. Eddie, if you ever drive up 680, it's easy to get to.

James

Brian and Maryann

Hey Bruce,
I am in Syracuse, IN but I have my knife work done by a guy in Fort
Wayne.

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:59:08 GMT, "Brian and Maryann"
> > wrote:
>
> >A decent sharpening where I am at (Northern Indiana) is $1 per blade inch

at
> >the shop. I don't like strangers coming to the house, so these guys that
> >come to you I don't bother with.
> >

> I'm in South Bend, where are you from?
>
> Bruce

Duwop

James Emanuel wrote:
> I suggest you check out your local restaurant supply houses. My local
> (Walnut Creek, CA) restaurant supply sharpens knives for $2.00 (and
> sells 40# of Lazzari lump for $12.83).

That would be mesquite, right? Not the hardwood.

me

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message

> "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA" >
> wrote in message ...
> >
> > What a bunch of hypocrites! I got flamed for being "off-topic" when I
> > present an alternate way of cooking ribs. "This newsgroup is only for
> > discussions of cooking meat over an open flame" the hypocrites said.
> > But when a discussion of knife sharpening comes along, not a peep.
> >
> > Hypocrites!
> >

> **** off, Wipe ass!

The Wise Guy is making a valid point. I don't see what thsi thread has to do
with "cooking meat over an open flame."

Oh, sorry, now I've stepped on the toes of the barbecue gods.

BOB

In ,
me > typed:
> "F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA" >
>> wrote in message ...
>>>
>>> What a bunch of hypocrites! I got flamed for being "off-topic" when I
>>> present an alternate way of cooking ribs. "This newsgroup is only for
>>> discussions of cooking meat over an open flame" the hypocrites said.
>>> But when a discussion of knife sharpening comes along, not a peep.
>>>
>>> Hypocrites!
>>>

>> **** off, Wipe ass!
>>

> The Wise Guy is making a valid point. I don't see what thsi thread has to do
> with "cooking meat over an open flame."
>
> Oh, sorry, now I've stepped on the toes of the barbecue gods.

Did you ever use a knife to prepare that meat?

BOB
or are you a new incarnation of one of our resident "sock puppets"?

me

" BOB" > wrote in message
> In ,
> me > typed:
> > "F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message

> >> **** off, Wipe ass!
> >>

> > The Wise Guy is making a valid point. I don't see what thsi thread has

to do
> > with "cooking meat over an open flame."
> >
> > Oh, sorry, now I've stepped on the toes of the barbecue gods.

> Did you ever use a knife to prepare that meat?
>
> BOB
> or are you a new incarnation of one of our resident "sock puppets"?

I throw entire animal carcasses upon the fire. I tear the flesh from the
bone with my teeth. I have no need of these wimpy "knives" of which you
speak.

I came to this newsgroup to learn about BBQ, but all I ever see is thread
after thread of flame wars. What is with some of you folks? If you think
someone is being an ignorant ass, why don't you just ignore them? Instead,
you call them names, and then get ****ed off when they call you names back.
Reminds me so much of my daughters kindergarten class, many moons ago.

BOB

/| /| | / |
||__|| | | Please do not |
/ O O\__ | feed the Trolls. |
/ \ | Thank You. |
/ \ \ | |
/ _ \ \\--------------------¥
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `¥
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

In ,
me > typed:
> I came to this newsgroup to learn about BBQ, but all I ever see is thread
> after thread of flame wars. What is with some of you folks? If you think
> someone is being an ignorant ass, why don't you just ignore them? Instead,
> you call them names, and then get ****ed off when they call you names back.
> Reminds me so much of my daughters kindergarten class, many moons ago.

Sounds just like several others here.

Jack Sloan

"me" > wrote in message
> > Reminds me so much of my daughters kindergarten class, many moons ago.

>Musta been a tough bunch of kids...

Troll.

Harry Demidavicius

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:51:52 GMT, Eddie >
wrote:

>As the holidays get closer, I figured I'd better get the kitchen
>knives sharpened. I haven't sharpened knives in years!
>
>I called a couple places and they want $6.50 per knife regardless of
>size. One wants $85 min. if they come to the house.
>
>Another shop had a price of $5.00 for large and $3.00 for small.
>
>Both sound a little high for me. I have about 10-15 with most
>considered large that I'd like sharpened. So I might end up just
>getting one large sharpened and use it for the next couple months.
>Should stay sharp I hope.
>
>l know nothing of store sharpeners, such as type, price, etc.
>Any other suggestions?
>
>I'm in the San Jose area
>Eddie

$3.50/knife here - at your door. My butcher does his Customers'
blades for free. [a couple of blades at a time].

Harry
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 01:56:17 GMT, "me" > wrote:

>I came to this newsgroup to learn about BBQ, but all I ever see is thread
>after thread of flame wars. What is with some of you folks? If you think
>someone is being an ignorant ass, why don't you just ignore them? Instead,
>you call them names, and then get ****ed off when they call you names back.
>Reminds me so much of my daughters kindergarten class, many moons ago.

You again?

>Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:58:24 GMT
>
>You folks are way too easy to troll. No sport here at all.

So I guess you'll be leaving now, right? Don't let the door hit you in
the ass.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?"
Monroe, of course...

In article >, " BOB"
> wrote:

> In ,
> me > typed:
> > "F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message

> >> **** off, Wipe ass!
> >>

> > The Wise Guy is making a valid point. I don't see what thsi thread has to do
> > with "cooking meat over an open flame."
> >
> > Oh, sorry, now I've stepped on the toes of the barbecue gods.

> Did you ever use a knife to prepare that meat?
>
> BOB
> or are you a new incarnation of one of our resident "sock puppets"?

We got yer basic addy
we got yer basic agreeing with Wipe Ass
we got yer basic backing the facts by quoting the definition of BBQ
we got yer basic barbecue gods invoked
Sounds like yer basic Piles Stufford to me. Needs to shut up.

monroe(astounded that kibos have been visiting-scary)

James Emanuel

"Duwop" > wrote in message
> James Emanuel wrote:
> > I suggest you check out your local restaurant supply houses. My local
> > (Walnut Creek, CA) restaurant supply sharpens knives for $2.00 (and
> > sells 40# of Lazzari lump for $12.83).

> That would be mesquite, right? Not the hardwood.

Yep, mesquite

James

F.G. Whitfurrows

"me" > wrote

>If you think
> someone is being an ignorant ass, why don't you just >ignore them?

Because we think its fun to tell the sonofabitch he's an ignorant ass. I
mean c'mon, man, the guy posted saying the "best way to cook ribs" is in a
pressure cooker. He was askin for it, he knew he was askin for it, (the post
was titled "Go ahead and flame me") and we gave it to him. We're nice guys
here. We try to help out. If you're lookin for answers as to how to BBQ we
are happy to provide you with as many ideas as possible. If you're lookin'
for a fight, well, we can give ya that, too. Which are you lookin for?

>Instead,
> you call them names, and then get ****ed off when they call you names

back.
> Reminds me so much of my daughters kindergarten class, many moons ago.

Now leave us alone Mr. stinky pants poo-poo head!

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:45:18 -0800, "F.G. Whitfurrows"
> wrote:

>"me" > wrote
>
> >If you think
>> someone is being an ignorant ass, why don't you just >ignore them?

>Because we think its fun to tell the sonofabitch he's an ignorant ass.

Google on this bozo's posting history in AFB before you waste any more
time on him. He's trolling, but he's not very good at it. See below:

>From: "me" >
>Newsgroups: alt.food.barbecue
>Subject: Black & Decker Bags
>Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:58:24 GMT
>

>"Steve Wertz" > spewed forth some crap
>>
>> She's been here once befo

>> Definately on medication.
>>
>> -sw

>You folks are way too easy to troll. No sport here at all.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?"
The Fat Man®

me wrote:

> I came to this newsgroup to learn about BBQ, but all I ever see is
> thread after thread of flame wars. What is with some of you folks? If
> you think someone is being an ignorant ass, why don't you just ignore
> them? Instead, you call them names, and then get ****ed off when they
> call you names back. Reminds me so much of my daughters kindergarten
> class, many moons ago.

I'm chewing tobacco now and thinking about what you said.

Alright, I've decided. You're an antagonist, and you only serve to stir
shit. GTFO, now.

Not an order, more like a friendly recommendation.

If you truly came to this NG to learn about cooking dead animal carcasses
over open fires, you'd prolly keep your mouth shut more often and your ears
open.

As it is, you're a simpleton who prefers to disturb those already involved
in conversation. Here in the south we have places for people like you,
they're called *sinkholes*.

I bit, the hook was set, but I shook it off,
TFM®

Edwin Pawlowski

> "Duwop" > wrote in message
> >
> > That would be mesquite, right? Not the hardwood.

Mesquite is a hardwood. Makes nice furniture. Check out the table posted on
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Jack B

In article > , The Fat
Man® > wrote:

> me wrote:
>
> > I came to this newsgroup to learn about BBQ, but all I ever see is
> > thread after thread of flame wars. What is with some of you folks? If
> > you think someone is being an ignorant ass, why don't you just ignore
> > them? Instead, you call them names, and then get ****ed off when they
> > call you names back. Reminds me so much of my daughters kindergarten
> > class, many moons ago.

> I'm chewing tobacco now and thinking about what you said.
>
> Alright, I've decided. You're an antagonist, and you only serve to stir
> shit. GTFO, now.
>
> Not an order, more like a friendly recommendation.
>
> If you truly came to this NG to learn about cooking dead animal carcasses
> over open fires, you'd prolly keep your mouth shut more often and your ears
> open.
>
> As it is, you're a simpleton who prefers to disturb those already involved
> in conversation. Here in the south we have places for people like you,
> they're called *sinkholes*.

Well, sure.

I have to agree with The Fat (who's no longer fat)... if you can't
handle the bellowing and chest thumping, you should avoid this group.

--
Jack
doyle

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. com...
> > "Duwop" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > That would be mesquite, right? Not the hardwood.
> > >

> Mesquite is a hardwood. Makes nice furniture. Check out the table posted

on
> alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Howdy Ed!
I think what Duwop is talking about is Lazzari lump. They have Mesquite
lump, and Hardwood lump, which is probably called Hardwood lump because it
is considered Oak, but if it did have something else mixed in, it doesn't
give the consumer cops reason to hang 'em.

Jack Sloan

" if you can't
> handle the bellowing and chest thumping, you should avoid this group.
>
> --
> Jack

Unless you're a kindergartener...they're tough enough.
Another Jack

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:23:53 -0600, Jack B
> wrote:

>I have to agree with The Fat (who's no longer fat)... if you can't
>handle the bellowing and chest thumping, you should avoid this group.

Just plug this into google:

group:alt.food.barbecue

and you'll know all you need to know about 's "interest"
in learning about barbecue. Then you can killfile
.

BTW,
, did the people at getlost.com give you permission
to forge their domain into your posting address?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?"
Steve B

My prices (Cleveland, OH) are he
http://www.ameritech.net/users/knives/prices.htm One competitor charges
$10 an inch, another $2 for stamped blades and $5 for forged blades,
regardless of size.

Here is a list of sharpening resources:
http://www.ameritech.net/users/knive...s.htm#services

For more info, go to Sharper Approach http://www.sharperapproach.com/,
whose prices are really low, and look at his "What Others Charge" page.

Steve
--
Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged
Tools by Steve Bottorff Copyright January 2002 Knife World Publications

Steve B

$6.50 is too high, as is anything over about $0.50 an inch. I am
retired except for consulting, and only sharpen part-time. At 50 cents
an inch, I can make up to $50 an hour at a farmers market working alone,
and $75 an hour when someone is handling intake and payment. Hardly
McDonalds wages. And don't worry that I don't do a good job. My
services include repairing broken tips and reducing bolsters, and every
blade is shaving sharp. After all, to borrow a phrase, I wrote the
book, and I have taught dozens of others to enter this business.

Steve
--
Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged
Tools by Steve Bottorff Copyright January 2002 Knife World Publications
www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com
E-mail: steve AT sharpeningmadeeasy DOT com

Louis Cohen

I hadn't thought about it, but it makes sense to charge for knife sharpening
by the inch. One wonders if ladies of the evening do the same thing.

--

Regards

Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Steve B" > wrote in message
gy.com...
> My prices (Cleveland, OH) are he
> http://www.ameritech.net/users/knives/prices.htm One competitor charges
> $10 an inch, another $2 for stamped blades and $5 for forged blades,
> regardless of size.
>
> Here is a list of sharpening resources:
> http://www.ameritech.net/users/knive...s.htm#services
>
> For more info, go to Sharper Approach http://www.sharperapproach.com/,
> whose prices are really low, and look at his "What Others Charge" page.
>
> Steve
> --
> Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged
> Tools by Steve Bottorff Copyright January 2002 Knife World Publications
> www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com
> E-mail: steve AT sharpeningmadeeasy DOT com

Edwin Pawlowski

"Steve B" > wrote in message

> One competitor charges
> $10 an inch,

Glad I don't have to make my living charging by the inch. At the end of a
day's work, I'd probably only make 20 bucks or so.
Ed

Howard R. Bricker

"Louis Cohen" > wrote in

> I hadn't thought about it, but it makes sense to charge for knife
> sharpening by the inch. One wonders if ladies of the evening do the
> same thing.

Not likely. Too many guys would get it free. (Or nearly so)

M&M Man
Steve B

Excuse the type. I meant $1 an inch.