JakBQuik

Default Chef Juke's Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

Chef Juke has made me a hero, again.

My last two pans of pulled pork have vaulted me up to superstardom at the
tailgate parties before Longhorn games.

I know we see this request more than for the FAQs, and I promise to bookmark
it this time. But does anyone have the URL to Chef Juke's Raspberry
Chipotle Sauce? Thanks.

If you haven't tried it, you're crazy, so far. It really is yummy. WTG
Chef Juke.

John in Austin

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:02:47 GMT, "JakBQuik"
> wrote:

>I know we see this request more than for the FAQs, and I promise to bookmark
>it this time. But does anyone have the URL to Chef Juke's Raspberry
>Chipotle Sauce?

Chef Juke's Raspberry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce

NOTE: This is a slight variation on the classic Kansas City Barbecue
sauce from the KC Barbecue Association, for those who like their BBQ
Hot & Smoky!

6 Tbls. packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbls dark rum
2 Tbls yellow mustard
1 Tbls pure chili powder
2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 cup Chipotles en Adobo
2 cups ketchup
2 cups Raspberry Preserves (I use Wall's Raspberry preserves from
Costco)
Kosher or sea salt
Pepper

In large saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire,
rum, mustard, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder,
allspice and cloves. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Cook,
uncovered, until all ingredients are dissolved, stirring constantly,
about 5 minutes. Stir in ketchup and bring to boil, stirring
constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Reduce heat slightly, add raspberry jam and 1/4 cup chipotles** and
gently simmer sauce, uncovered, until dark & thick, about 30 minutes,
stirring often. Use right away or transfer to jars, cover, cool to
room temperature and refrigerate. Sauce will keep several months.
Makes 5 cups or 20 servings.

**Add the chipotle peppers to taste. Since simmering will bring out
the heat in the peppers start by adding ¼ cup of chipotles and cook
for the 30 minutes THEN taste again and add additional peppers if you
like it REALLY HOT.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
milesh

JakBQuik wrote:

> Chef Juke has made me a hero, again.
>
> My last two pans of pulled pork have vaulted me up to superstardom at the
> tailgate parties before Longhorn games.
>
> I know we see this request more than for the FAQs, and I promise to bookmark
> it this time. But does anyone have the URL to Chef Juke's Raspberry
> Chipotle Sauce? Thanks.
>
> If you haven't tried it, you're crazy, so far. It really is yummy. WTG
> Chef Juke

Always looking for good Rasberry Chipotle sauces. When I don't feel
like making something from scratch I use Fischer & Wieser Rasberry
Chipotle. They're in Texas but may distribute to other states.
Excellent stuff!

http://www.roastedraspberry.com/

bonedaddy

"JakBQuik" > wrote in message
.. .
> Chef Juke has made me a hero, again.
>
> My last two pans of pulled pork have vaulted me up to superstardom at the
> tailgate parties before Longhorn games.
>
> I know we see this request more than for the FAQs, and I promise to

bookmark
> it this time. But does anyone have the URL to Chef Juke's Raspberry
> Chipotle Sauce? Thanks.
>
> If you haven't tried it, you're crazy, so far. It really is yummy. WTG
> Chef Juke.
>
> John in Austin

John,

I did not know that you were a football fan. I live in Lubbock and I am
going to Austin for the UT vs. Tech game in 2 weeks. Maybe we can get
together before the game?

bd

Chef Juke

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:02:47 GMT, "JakBQuik"
> wrote:

>Chef Juke has made me a hero, again.
>
>My last two pans of pulled pork have vaulted me up to superstardom at the
>tailgate parties before Longhorn games.
>
>I know we see this request more than for the FAQs, and I promise to bookmark
>it this time. But does anyone have the URL to Chef Juke's Raspberry
>Chipotle Sauce? Thanks.
>
>If you haven't tried it, you're crazy, so far. It really is yummy. WTG
>Chef Juke.
>
>John in Austin

Well Shucks!

I think I'm gonna give up on coming up with anything new, since my
first attempt at a BBQ sauce seems to go over so well (how could I
live up to it?)

BTW, I made a batch with some Mango Preserves from Costco a few weeks
back which was also very well received...

;-)

Actually, been doing far too little 'cuing this fall between a
hellacious work schedule and having both parents in the hospital on
opposite sides of the country. Gonna try to catch up this next week.

I Just got that Maslin pan from Lee Valley (http://tinyurl.com/tm1z)
and am going to make up a big batch of sauce to can for some deserving
folks (one of them up in Wenatchee, WA) this week. Will report on it's
performance.

So, anybody else got any other sauce recipes they'd care to share?

-Chef Juke
http://www.chefjuke.com
"Everybody Eats when they come to MY house!"

(Remove the CAPS from the return address when sending email replies)

JakBQuik

> John,
>
> I did not know that you were a football fan. I live in Lubbock and I am
> going to Austin for the UT vs. Tech game in 2 weeks. Maybe we can get
> together before the game?
>
> bd

Hey BD--

Take the "smart4spam" outa my address and ping me. My attendance at those
games is tenuous: I can only go if we get tix to the wife's firm's box. The
Tech game is iffy. Might get scalper's tix. I would love to hook up and
share some pork with Juke's RC sauce b4 the game.

John in Austin