Danny Hardesty

Default Brined Skirt or Flank Steak?

Young grasshoppa thinking about cooking up some fajitas on Sunday, using the
top grill of his WSM without the water pan.

Anybody tried first brining the skirt or flank steak before cooking it, and,
if so, the results?

Enlightenment from the barbecue temple masters is much appreciated.

Danny Hardesty

Jack Schidt®

"Danny Hardesty" > wrote in message
> Young grasshoppa thinking about cooking up some fajitas on Sunday, using

the
> top grill of his WSM without the water pan.
>
> Anybody tried first brining the skirt or flank steak before cooking it,

and,
> if so, the results?
>
> Enlightenment from the barbecue temple masters is much appreciated.
>
> Danny Hardesty

Marinade, not a brine: Red wine vinegar, fresh garlic, fresh parsley, all
spun round in the food processor or blender. Marinate for a couple of hours
and grill over high heat. Warm corn tortillas and the fixin's of your
choice.

Jack

Jack Schidt®

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Danny Hardesty" > wrote in message
> > Young grasshoppa thinking about cooking up some fajitas on Sunday, using

> the
> > top grill of his WSM without the water pan.
> >
> > Anybody tried first brining the skirt or flank steak before cooking it,

> and,
> > if so, the results?
> >
> > Enlightenment from the barbecue temple masters is much appreciated.
> >
> > Danny Hardesty
> >

> Marinade, not a brine: Red wine vinegar, fresh garlic, fresh parsley, all
> spun round in the food processor or blender. Marinate for a couple of

hours
> and grill over high heat. Warm corn tortillas and the fixin's of your
> choice.
>
> Jack

Sorry, forgot to tell you that there's some red chile involved, I use ground
ancho and chipotle as a rub.

Jack

Rage85

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 11:14:16 GMT, "Danny Hardesty" >
wrote:

>Young grasshoppa thinking about cooking up some fajitas on Sunday, using the
>top grill of his WSM without the water pan.
>
>Anybody tried first brining the skirt or flank steak before cooking it, and,
>if so, the results?
>
>Enlightenment from the barbecue temple masters is much appreciated.
>
>Danny Hardesty

I just did two nice skirts in mojo for two and 1/2 days and they were
unbelievable. I had mice as fajitas and my wife ate hers as is.......
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
Rage85

>I just did two nice skirts in mojo for two and 1/2 days and they were
>unbelievable. I had mice as fajitas and my wife ate hers as is.......
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
>Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm i guess my keyboard is acting up again... or maybe it was the
5000 beers.......

I did not have mice! Although some have sept in the smoker and paid
the price but i have yet to sample them.... ; )))
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Jack Sloan

"Rage85" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 11:14:16 GMT, "Danny Hardesty" >
> wrote:
>
> >Young grasshoppa thinking about cooking up some fajitas on Sunday, using

the
> >top grill of his WSM without the water pan.
> >
> >Anybody tried first brining the skirt or flank steak before cooking it,

and,
> >if so, the results?
> >
> >Enlightenment from the barbecue temple masters is much appreciated.
> >
> >Danny Hardesty
> >

> I just did two nice skirts in mojo for two and 1/2 days and they were
> unbelievable. I had mice as fajitas and my wife ate hers as is.......

I like mice that way too.
Jack<G>

Jack Sloan

-------------------
> >Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
> >Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

-------------------

> Hmmmm i guess my keyboard is acting up again... or maybe it was the
> 5000 beers.......
>
> I did not have mice! Although some have sept in the smoker and paid
> the price but i have yet to sample them.... ; )))

Yer Right...It must be the beers...Now what did those mice do again?
Jack<G>

Mark Shaw

In article >,
"Jack Sloan" > wrote:
>"Rage85" > wrote in message
.. .

>> I just did two nice skirts in mojo for two and 1/2 days and they were
>> unbelievable. I had mice as fajitas and my wife ate hers as is.......

>I like mice that way too.

Crunchy!

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"How can any culture that has more lawyers

Skirt Steak Virgin Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 46 19-02-2009 08:10 AM
Skirt Steak Gunner[_6_] Mexican Cooking 1 19-03-2008 09:09 PM
Got skirt steak Bob General Cooking 8 19-08-2005 05:26 PM
FOUND: Skirt steak Andy General Cooking 5 13-08-2005 09:47 PM