Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default woot Thermometer

http://woot.com/

If you're not familiar with Woot, it's a commercial retail website
that features a single item per day, and sells at a price plus $5
shipping. When they're sold out of an item, it's over and done
for the day.

Today, their item is a wireless cooking thermometer, selling for
$13 plus $5 shipping. I thought that if you're looking to stock
up on them, that this isn't a bad price.

--
Nonny

Live a good and honorable life.
Then when you get older and
think back, you'll enjoy it
a second time.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer) wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:38:47 -0700, "Nonny" > wrote:
>

>>http://woot.com/
>>
>>If you're not familiar with Woot, it's a commercial retail website
>>that features a single item per day, and sells at a price plus $5
>>shipping. When they're sold out of an item, it's over and done
>>for the day.
>>
>>Today, their item is a wireless cooking thermometer, selling for
>>$13 plus $5 shipping. I thought that if you're looking to stock
>>up on them, that this isn't a bad price.

> Thank you for this. I zipped over to woot.com immediately upon
> reading your posting and scored three of them. I'd heard of woot, but
> had never visited the site. Now I've got them bookmarked.
>
> Mary "My e-friends on usenet lead me into temptation."

Hey Mary, can you give us a performance report after you
use it? I'm curious about overall reliability and range.

Thanks!

--
Reg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 9, 8:25*pm, RegForte > wrote:
> Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer) wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:38:47 -0700, "Nonny" > wrote:

> >>http://woot.com/

> >>If you're not familiar with Woot, it's a commercial retail website
> >>that features a single item per day, and sells at a price plus $5
> >>shipping. *When they're sold out of an item, it's over and done
> >>for the day.

> >>Today, their item is a wireless cooking thermometer, selling for
> >>$13 plus $5 shipping. *I thought that if you're looking to stock
> >>up on them, that this isn't a bad price.

> > Thank you for this. *I zipped over to woot.com immediately upon
> > reading your posting and scored three of them. *I'd heard of woot, but
> > had never visited the site. *Now I've got them bookmarked.

> > Mary "My e-friends on usenet lead me into temptation."

> Hey Mary, can you give us a performance report after you
> use it? I'm curious about overall reliability and range.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Reg- Hide quoted text -

What do you use it for now? I found one awful handy when I first
started, but once I got a sense of things, havent' fealt much of as
need, they come in handy on the odd thing like a turkey or roast of
course.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Duwop wrote:
> On Oct 9, 8:25 pm, RegForte > wrote:
>> Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer) wrote:

>>> Thank you for this. I zipped over to woot.com immediately upon
>>> reading your posting and scored three of them. I'd heard of woot, but
>>> had never visited the site. Now I've got them bookmarked.
>>> Mary "My e-friends on usenet lead me into temptation."

>> Hey Mary, can you give us a performance report after you
>> use it? I'm curious about overall reliability and range.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Reg- Hide quoted text -

> What do you use it for now? I found one awful handy when I first
> started, but once I got a sense of things, havent' fealt much of as
> need, they come in handy on the odd thing like a turkey or roast of
> course.

Crap - I check woot daily and didn't yesterday... (*#&@* oh well...

Use? I use it pretty much anytime I'm roasting/smoking something large.
Makes it a no brainer to determine degree of doneness and gain
consistency in the final outcome.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonny" > wrote in message
> http://woot.com/
>
> If you're not familiar with Woot, it's a commercial retail website that
> features a single item per day, and sells at a price plus $5 shipping.
> When they're sold out of an item, it's over and done for the day.
>
> Today, their item is a wireless cooking thermometer, selling for $13 plus
> $5 shipping. I thought that if you're looking to stock up on them, that
> this isn't a bad price.
>
> --
> Nonny

GREAT SITE - new one Kids Woot also.

The $5.00 shipping is per order not per item.

--
Dimitri
Coming soon:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dimitri" > wrote in message

> "Nonny" > wrote in message
>> http://woot.com/
>>
>> If you're not familiar with Woot, it's a commercial retail
>> website that features a single item per day, and sells at a
>> price plus $5 shipping. When they're sold out of an item, it's
>> over and done for the day.
>>
>> Today, their item is a wireless cooking thermometer, selling
>> for $13 plus $5 shipping. I thought that if you're looking to
>> stock up on them, that this isn't a bad price.
>>
>> --
>> Nonny

> GREAT SITE - new one Kids Woot also.
>
> The $5.00 shipping is per order not per item.
>

> --
> Dimitri
> Coming soon:
> http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

Cool- I thought it was per item. FWIW, the only thing I've bought
from Woot came in a very sturdy box and was packed in inflatable
pillows, despite being pretty indestructible. I was impressed.

--
Nonny

Live a good and honorable life.
Then when you get older and
think back, you'll enjoy it
a second time.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonny" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nonny" > wrote in message
>>> http://woot.com/
>>>
>>> If you're not familiar with Woot, it's a commercial retail website that
>>> features a single item per day, and sells at a price plus $5 shipping.
>>> When they're sold out of an item, it's over and done for the day.
>>>
>>> Today, their item is a wireless cooking thermometer, selling for $13
>>> plus $5 shipping. I thought that if you're looking to stock up on them,
>>> that this isn't a bad price.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nonny

>> GREAT SITE - new one Kids Woot also.
>>
>> The $5.00 shipping is per order not per item.
>>

>> --
>> Dimitri
>> Coming soon:
>> http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

> Cool- I thought it was per item. FWIW, the only thing I've bought from
> Woot came in a very sturdy box and was packed in inflatable pillows,
> despite being pretty indestructible. I was impressed.
>
> --
> Nonny

I have purchased quite a bit from Woot and a few things from Kids Woot. I
was only dissatisfied with 1 item for which they gave me a ret=urn
authorization and a credit in reasonable time.
--
Dimitri
Coming soon:
http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Duwop wrote:

> On Oct 9, 8:25 pm, RegForte > wrote:
>
>>Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer) wrote:

>>>Thank you for this. I zipped over to woot.com immediately upon
>>>reading your posting and scored three of them. I'd heard of woot, but
>>>had never visited the site. Now I've got them bookmarked.

>>>Mary "My e-friends on usenet lead me into temptation."

>>Hey Mary, can you give us a performance report after you
>>use it? I'm curious about overall reliability and range.
>>
>>Thanks!

> What do you use it for now? I found one awful handy when I first
> started, but once I got a sense of things, havent' fealt much of as
> need, they come in handy on the odd thing like a turkey or roast of
> course.

Are you referring to wireless thermometers, or thermometers
in general?

I smoke/grill/q something probably around 350 days out of the year, a
pretty diverse range of stuff, plus I'm supremely lazy. If I can
get away with not having to walk over to the smoker I'm a happy
guy. Typically when I'm running the smoker I'm also cooking
or baking something else in the kitchen at the same time.

I haven't had good experiences with the wireless units, which is why I
was asking about this brand. I found the maverick wireless units to be
too unreliable.

--
Reg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 12, 4:10*pm, "Nunya Bidnits" <nunyabidn...@eternal-
september.invalid> wrote:
> RegForte said:
>

> > I haven't had good experiences with the wireless units, which is why I
> > was asking about this brand. I found the maverick wireless units to be
> > too unreliable.

> I tend to agree. I find the wireless remote units tend to never have the
> advertised range, and what range they do have gradually decreases,
> regardless of whether batteries are new. We have two Taylor and one Maverick
> double probe units for competition, the remotes aren't worth the batteries
> they need. I had a Weber remote unit, it was a piece of junk and the remote
> died, and there was no display or audible on the corded part of the unit.
> The corded units work well enough for me.
>
> MartyB in KC

I just got a RediChek wireless remote thermometer and it seemed to
have a significant offset using the probe from a wired thermometer I
have. When I use the new probe in the old thermometer, I get the same
reading (within 2 degrees), but when I had a 250 reading with the old
probe/old thermometer, I would read over 300 witht he old probe/new
thermometer.

I thought that these probes were interchangeable. Does this ring a
bell with anyone?

Rock

Woot Offers... Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 3 24-06-2015 05:51 AM
Woot Offers... Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 9 23-06-2015 07:47 PM
Woot Offers... sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 23-06-2015 02:05 AM
woot again Nonny Barbecue 0 04-12-2009 03:30 AM
Woot Wines Ed Rasimus Wine 2 12-05-2007 06:29 PM