Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Q-Fest

In planning near Austin, Tx.
I'll probably have some hand in it.
Bill Martin from the Smokering mailing list is setting it up.
It will be sometime in October or November.
Here is Bill's contact info,
if you are interested get in touch with Bill and get your name on the list.

We don't yet have a When.

The Where is Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park in Fredericksburg, TX,
(some folks in Austin consider Fredericksburg just a suburb of Austin.)

My contact info:

AIM:
EMail:

PHONE: (long-winded callers please call after 9pm CST weekdays or on
weekends, anytime) 830-998-1418

--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Big Jim > wrote:

> The Where is Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park in Fredericksburg, TX,
> (some folks in Austin consider Fredericksburg just a suburb of Austin.)

Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
suburbs of Austin

But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
and Fredericksburg :-)

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Big Jim > wrote:
>
>> The Where is Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park in Fredericksburg, TX,
>> (some folks in Austin consider Fredericksburg just a suburb of Austin.)

> Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
> suburbs of Austin
>
> But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
> and Fredericksburg :-)
>
> -sw

You gonna bitch or you gonna come? :-)
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 13, 6:31*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Big Jim > wrote:
> > The Where is Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park in Fredericksburg, TX,
> > (some folks in Austin consider Fredericksburg just a suburb of Austin.)

> Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
> suburbs of Austin
>
> But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
> and Fredericksburg :-)
>
> -sw

Buda? I wanna live there! Pflugerville, not so much.

How do the locals pronounce Buda? Booda or Budda?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:
> On Jan 13, 6:31 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Big Jim > wrote:
>>> The Where is Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park in Fredericksburg, TX,
>>> (some folks in Austin consider Fredericksburg just a suburb of Austin.)

>> Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
>> suburbs of Austin
>>
>> But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
>> and Fredericksburg :-)
>>
>> -sw

> Buda? I wanna live there! Pflugerville, not so much.
>
> How do the locals pronounce Buda? Booda or Budda?

Don't forget Jollyville. We have family there.

--
Nonny
Some people are like a Slinky: not really

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:
> On Jan 13, 6:31 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Big Jim > wrote:
>>> The Where is Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park in Fredericksburg, TX,
>>> (some folks in Austin consider Fredericksburg just a suburb of Austin.)

>> Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
>> suburbs of Austin
>>
>> But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
>> and Fredericksburg :-)

> Buda? I wanna live there! Pflugerville, not so much.
>
> How do the locals pronounce Buda? Booda or Budda?

Neither. bYOU-duh.

Then we have Manchaca, Greune, Guadalupe, etc list goes on and on.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Big Jim wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> Big Jim > wrote:
>>
>>> The Where is Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park in Fredericksburg, TX,
>>> (some folks in Austin consider Fredericksburg just a suburb of Austin.)

>> Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
>> suburbs of Austin
>>
>> But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
>> and Fredericksburg :-)

> You gonna bitch or you gonna come? :-)

I'm already obligated that weekend, but maybe I can make an appearance.
Just to bitch, of course! ;-)

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 14, 12:09*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Tutall wrote:
> >> Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
> >> suburbs of Austin

> >> But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
> >> and Fredericksburg :-)

> > Buda? I wanna live there! Pflugerville, not so much.

> > How do the locals pronounce Buda? Booda or Budda?

> Neither. *bYOU-duh.
>
> Then we have Manchaca, Greune, Guadalupe, etc list goes on and on.
>
> -sw

How about Boerne? (free Q for those that can pronounce it correctly.)
Pierre
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 14, 12:09 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Tutall wrote:
> >> Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
> >> suburbs of Austin

> >> But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
> >> and Fredericksburg :-)

> > Buda? I wanna live there! Pflugerville, not so much.

> > How do the locals pronounce Buda? Booda or Budda?

> Neither. bYOU-duh.
>
> Then we have Manchaca, Greune, Guadalupe, etc list goes on and on.
>
> -sw

How about Boerne? (free Q for those that can pronounce it correctly.)
Pierre

Bernie... I'm in Houston. Does it include a free trip to Austin?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Pierre wrote:
> On Jan 14, 12:09 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Tutall wrote:
>>> Buda? I wanna live there! Pflugerville, not so much.
>>> How do the locals pronounce Buda? Booda or Budda?

>> Neither. bYOU-duh.
>>
>> Then we have Manchaca, Greune, Guadalupe, etc list goes on and on.
>>
>> -sw

> How about Boerne? (free Q for those that can pronounce it correctly.)
> Pierre

The local chamber of commerce says : "bourney as in journey"

As I was second, do I get to come if I can pronounce Greune? "Green"

Could you please post the date again. I think I misplaced it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 14, 2:07*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Pierre wrote:
> >> Neither. *bYOU-duh.

> >> Then we have Manchaca, Greune, Guadalupe, etc list goes on and on.

> >> -sw

> > How about Boerne? *(free Q for those that can pronounce it correctly.)
> > Pierre

> The local chamber of commerce says : "bourney as in journey"
>
> As I was second, do I get to come if I can pronounce Greune? *"Green"
>
> Could you please post the date again. I think I misplaced it.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:

> [...]

As a suggestion, how about sometime in March when the bluebonnets arr
blooming?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder > wrote:

> Tutall wrote:
>
>> We don't yet have a When.

> As a suggestion, how about sometime in March when the bluebonnets are
> blooming?

Says Janet Wildflower ;-)

I think the date is still 9 months out from what the original
message said. October is a long way away. I might be rich and
famous by then and couldn't care less about all you Usenet low-life
BBQ'ers by then!

Not that that's happened in the past 18 years... But it could
happen any day now! :-)

ObBBQ: Pork ribs are on sale at Austin-wide HEB's for $1 a pound, no
limit. They have pork karubi ribs (short ribs with the bacon-side)
and spare ribs. I'm defrosting my freezer tonight.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>
>> Tutall wrote:
>>
>>> We don't yet have a When.

>> As a suggestion, how about sometime in March when the bluebonnets are
>> blooming?

> Says Janet Wildflower ;-)
>
> I think the date is still 9 months out from what the original
> message said. October is a long way away. I might be rich and
> famous by then and couldn't care less about all you Usenet low-life
> BBQ'ers by then!
>
> Not that that's happened in the past 18 years... But it could
> happen any day now! :-)
>
> ObBBQ: Pork ribs are on sale at Austin-wide HEB's for $1 a pound, no
> limit. They have pork karubi ribs (short ribs with the bacon-side)
> and spare ribs. I'm defrosting my freezer tonight.
>
> -sw

I just got some-I just inherited on of the big rib-o-rama smokers, so
I'm firing it up this weekend.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 16, 11:19*am, Frank Mancuso > wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> > Janet Wilder > wrote:

> >> As a suggestion, how about sometime in March when the bluebonnets are
> >> blooming?

> > Says Janet Wildflower ;-)

> > I think the date is still 9 months out from what the original
> > message said. *October is a long way away. *I might be rich and
> > famous by then and couldn't care less about all you Usenet low-life
> > BBQ'ers by then!

> > Not that that's happened in the past 18 years... *But it could
> > happen any day now! *:-)

> > ObBBQ: Pork ribs are on sale at Austin-wide HEB's for $1 a pound, no
> > limit. *They have pork karubi ribs (short ribs with the bacon-side)
> > and spare ribs. *I'm defrosting my freezer tonight.

> > -sw

> I just got some-I just inherited on of the big rib-o-rama smokers, so
> I'm firing it up this weekend.- Hide quoted text -

Frank, did you work for Paramount in the 70's?
There was one back then.
Good luck with the gub this weekend.
Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>
>> Tutall wrote:
>>
>>> We don't yet have a When.

>> As a suggestion, how about sometime in March when the bluebonnets are
>> blooming?

> Says Janet Wildflower ;-)
>
> I think the date is still 9 months out from what the original
> message said. October is a long way away. I might be rich and
> famous by then and couldn't care less about all you Usenet low-life
> BBQ'ers by then!
>
> Not that that's happened in the past 18 years... But it could
> happen any day now! :-)
>
> ObBBQ: Pork ribs are on sale at Austin-wide HEB's for $1 a pound, no
> limit. They have pork karubi ribs (short ribs with the bacon-side)
> and spare ribs. I'm defrosting my freezer tonight.
>
> -sw

Thanks for the rib tip. Got 4 racks - woohoo Steve roolz!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:35:20 -0800 (PST), Tutall >
wrote:

>On Jan 13, 6:31*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Big Jim > wrote:
>> > The Where is Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park in Fredericksburg, TX,
>> > (some folks in Austin consider Fredericksburg just a suburb of Austin.)

>> Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
>> suburbs of Austin
>>
>> But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
>> and Fredericksburg :-)
>>
>> -sw

>Buda? I wanna live there! Pflugerville, not so much.
>
>How do the locals pronounce Buda? Booda or Budda

Not sure how the locals pronounce it but I opt for number two. all I
know about Buda is there used to be a truck stop there years ago and
it's the home of the anti-monkey Butt powder company :-)
http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

now you too are an expert on Buda Texas.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Frank Mancuso wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> ObBBQ: Pork ribs are on sale at Austin-wide HEB's for $1 a pound, no
>> limit. They have pork karubi ribs (short ribs with the bacon-side)
>> and spare ribs. I'm defrosting my freezer tonight.
>>

> I just got some-I just inherited on of the big rib-o-rama smokers, so
> I'm firing it up this weekend.

I meant to stop by the Gingerman on Friday night to invite myself over but
I got sidetracked by Spec's.

I went to 6 HEB's at different times looking for the ribs and wasn't able
to find them until my 7th visit on Sunday afternoon. And then they were
frozen solid so there was no chance cooking them yesterday.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

jOhN wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> ObBBQ: Pork ribs are on sale at Austin-wide HEB's for $1 a pound, no
>> limit. They have pork karubi ribs (short ribs with the bacon-side)
>> and spare ribs. I'm defrosting my freezer tonight.

> Thanks for the rib tip. Got 4 racks - woohoo Steve roolz!

I know you're supposed to shoot for racks that are 3.5lbs and under but
they didn't haver anything under 5lbs. 2 of the 3 racks I got were 6lbs each.

Why 3.5lbs and down? Is 4lbs the point where they take too long to cook
and risk drying out?

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Roughrider50 wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:35:20 -0800 (PST), Tutall >
> wrote:

>>> Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
>>> suburbs of Austin
>>>
>>> But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
>>> and Fredericksburg :-)
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Buda? I wanna live there! Pflugerville, not so much.
>>
>> How do the locals pronounce Buda? Booda or Budda

> Not sure how the locals pronounce it but I opt for number two. all I
> know about Buda is there used to be a truck stop there years ago and
> it's the home of the anti-monkey Butt powder company :-)
> http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/
>
> now you too are an expert on Buda Texas.

Beyouda
That truck stop? Was it the one that looked like the Alamo with a big
wagon wheel outside? They are closed now, but they used to make an
awesome chicken fried steak. There is also a custom hat maker there.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> jOhN wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> ObBBQ: Pork ribs are on sale at Austin-wide HEB's for $1 a pound, no
>>> limit. They have pork karubi ribs (short ribs with the bacon-side)
>>> and spare ribs. I'm defrosting my freezer tonight.

>> Thanks for the rib tip. Got 4 racks - woohoo Steve roolz!

> I know you're supposed to shoot for racks that are 3.5lbs and under but
> they didn't haver anything under 5lbs. 2 of the 3 racks I got were 6lbs
> each.
>
> Why 3.5lbs and down? Is 4lbs the point where they take too long to cook
> and risk drying out?
>
> -sw

I got 2 under and 2 over. That's the makin's of an sci-untifik experment!

jOhN
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Roughrider50 wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:35:20 -0800 (PST), Tutall >
> wrote:

>>> Round Rock, Buda, Pflugerville, Kyle and even Cedar Creek are
>>> suburbs of Austin
>>>
>>> But there are 70 miles of desolation and tumbleweeds between Austin
>>> and Fredericksburg :-)
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Buda? I wanna live there! Pflugerville, not so much.
>>
>> How do the locals pronounce Buda? Booda or Budda

> Not sure how the locals pronounce it but I opt for number two. all I
> know about Buda is there used to be a truck stop there years ago and
> it's the home of the anti-monkey Butt powder company :-)
> http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/
>
> now you too are an expert on Buda Texas.

They gots a Cabela's now too!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> Frank Mancuso wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> ObBBQ: Pork ribs are on sale at Austin-wide HEB's for $1 a pound, no
>>> limit. They have pork karubi ribs (short ribs with the bacon-side)
>>> and spare ribs. I'm defrosting my freezer tonight.
>>>

>> I just got some-I just inherited on of the big rib-o-rama smokers, so
>> I'm firing it up this weekend.

> I meant to stop by the Gingerman on Friday night to invite myself over
> but I got sidetracked by Spec's.
>
> I went to 6 HEB's at different times looking for the ribs and wasn't
> able to find them until my 7th visit on Sunday afternoon. And then they
> were frozen solid so there was no chance cooking them yesterday.
>
> -sw

I bought them up at the Brodie store-I liked them OK, but I think I like
St. Louis cut better.
I'll probably fire it up again on Super Bowl Sunday-c'mon by!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Roughrider50 wrote:
> > [ . . . ]
> > now you too are an expert on Buda Texas.

> Beyouda
> That truck stop? Was it the one that looked like the Alamo with a big
> wagon wheel outside? They are closed now, but they used to make an
> awesome chicken fried steak. There is also a custom hat maker there.

Custom hat maker in Buda TX? Does Barb (Melba's Jammin') know about them?

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Frank Mancuso wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> ObBBQ: Pork ribs are on sale at Austin-wide HEB's for $1 a pound, no
>>> limit. They have pork karubi ribs (short ribs with the bacon-side)
>>> and spare ribs. I'm defrosting my freezer tonight.
>>>

> -sw

Last year they were on sale here for .99 a pound. they were all out of
spares when I went to the store. So I got a rain check. 3 or 4 months later
I cashed in the rain check and bought 2 boxes. average # of ribs are 7
to a box.
This gave me time to clear out my freezer

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Frank Mancuso > wrote:

> I bought them up at the Brodie store-I liked them OK, but I think I like
> St. Louis cut better.
> I'll probably fire it up again on Super Bowl Sunday-c'mon by!

I appreciate the offer, but... Who you rooting for? :-) I can
bring Arizona or Pittsburgh-spiced ribs...

The spares are easy to make into St Louis-cut ribs. Especially at
$1/lb you can't go wrong! :-) Just trim off the chine bone.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> Roughrider50 wrote:
>>> [ . . . ]
>>> now you too are an expert on Buda Texas.

>> Beyouda
>> That truck stop? Was it the one that looked like the Alamo with a big
>> wagon wheel outside? They are closed now, but they used to make an
>> awesome chicken fried steak. There is also a custom hat maker there.

> Custom hat maker in Buda TX? Does Barb (Melba's Jammin') know about them?

They make 10 gallon-style hats. Really neat to gt a tour of the place. I
think we were there about 6 or 7 years ago. Parked the rig in the
down-scale campground behind the Winnebago dealer.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

jOhN wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> jOhN wrote:

>>> Thanks for the rib tip. Got 4 racks - woohoo Steve roolz!

>> I know you're supposed to shoot for racks that are 3.5lbs and under
>> but they didn't haver anything under 5lbs. 2 of the 3 racks I got
>> were 6lbs each.
>>
>> Why 3.5lbs and down? Is 4lbs the point where they take too long to
>> cook and risk drying out?
>>
>> -sw

> I got 2 under and 2 over. That's the makin's of an sci-untifik experment!
>
> jOhN

Transmuted the ribs into st. louis style courtesy of this youtube and
made up their rub, too.

trimming http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpJxnnVOLiM
cooking !!! for some reason this is no longer available on youtube
or barbecueweb.com website

These cooked as food for later this week but the ones me and the missus
ate as dessert were pretty dang good. I used a local Austin Q sauce
thinned with beer as a mopping sauce.

jOhN
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > Janet Wilder > wrote:
> >> Beyouda
> >> That truck stop? Was it the one that looked like the Alamo with a big
> >> wagon wheel outside? They are closed now, but they used to make an
> >> awesome chicken fried steak. There is also a custom hat maker there.

> > Custom hat maker in Buda TX? Does Barb (Melba's Jammin') know about
> > them?
> >

> They make 10 gallon-style hats. Really neat to gt a tour of the place. I
> think we were there about 6 or 7 years ago. Parked the rig in the
> down-scale campground behind the Winnebago dealer.

I'm just picturin' Barb in a 10 gallon pickle hat! LMAO

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

jOhN > wrote:

> These cooked as food for later this week but the ones me and the missus
> ate as dessert were pretty dang good. I used a local Austin Q sauce
> thinned with beer as a mopping sauce.

Are you talking about "Austin's Own" BBQ sauce? I sampled that
once at CostCo and then was offered another sample at Whole Foods
one day. I shriveled in horror and gagged as the lady held out a
sample. Turns out she was one of the founders of the sauce/company.

Ooops.

So I told her she really needs to cut down on the liquid smoke in
there. It was downright terrible, IMO.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> jOhN > wrote:
>
>> These cooked as food for later this week but the ones me and the missus
>> ate as dessert were pretty dang good. I used a local Austin Q sauce
>> thinned with beer as a mopping sauce.

> Are you talking about "Austin's Own" BBQ sauce? I sampled that
> once at CostCo and then was offered another sample at Whole Foods
> one day. I shriveled in horror and gagged as the lady held out a
> sample. Turns out she was one of the founders of the sauce/company.
>
> Ooops.
>
> So I told her she really needs to cut down on the liquid smoke in
> there. It was downright terrible, IMO.
>
> -sw

Yep, that's the stuff. I checked thoroughly and could find no evidence
of gag that had been shriveled or horrified ;-)

Maybe it was the beer thinning out the smoke flavor.

jOhN
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Frank Mancuso > wrote:
>
>> I bought them up at the Brodie store-I liked them OK, but I think I like
>> St. Louis cut better.
>> I'll probably fire it up again on Super Bowl Sunday-c'mon by!

> I appreciate the offer, but... Who you rooting for? :-) I can
> bring Arizona or Pittsburgh-spiced ribs...

Go Zona , Shitsburg got a gift Superbowl win because the bus was
retiring .
Time to gift someone else a trophy

> The spares are easy to make into St Louis-cut ribs. Especially at
> $1/lb you can't go wrong! :-) Just trim off the chine bone.
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:

> Are you talking about "Austin's Own" BBQ sauce? I sampled that
> once at CostCo and then was offered another sample at Whole Foods
> one day. I shriveled in horror and gagged as the lady held out a
> sample. Turns out she was one of the founders of the sauce/company.
>
> Ooops.
>
> So I told her she really needs to cut down on the liquid smoke in
> there. It was downright terrible, IMO.
>
> -sw

For the most part, liquid smoke is a disaster. However, like everything
else there are exceptions. Here's a product that makes use of it in
small quantities in just the right way. If you ever get the chance, try
this.

http://www.super-que.com/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 19-Jan-2009, jOhN > wrote:

> jOhN wrote:
> > Sqwertz wrote:

> >> I know you're supposed to shoot for racks that are 3.5lbs and under
> >> but they didn't haver anything under 5lbs. 2 of the 3 racks I got
> >> were 6lbs each.
> >>
> >> Why 3.5lbs and down? Is 4lbs the point where they take too long to
> >> cook and risk drying out?
> >>
> >> -sw

> > I got 2 under and 2 over. That's the makin's of an sci-untifik
> > experment!
> >
> > jOhN

> Transmuted the ribs into st. louis style courtesy of this youtube and
> made up their rub, too.
>
> trimming http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpJxnnVOLiM
> cooking !!! for some reason this is no longer available on youtube
> or barbecueweb.com website
>
> These cooked as food for later this week but the ones me and the missus
> ate as dessert were pretty dang good. I used a local Austin Q sauce
> thinned with beer as a mopping sauce.
>
> jOhN

That youtube link still works at my place. I have to say though that that
dude sure likes to play with his meat.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

RegForte wrote:

> For the most part, liquid smoke is a disaster. However, like everything
> else there are exceptions.

I needed to get rid of some salmon this weekend. So for kicks I put a
skinless fillet into a medium brine for 12 hours with about a teaspoon of
Colgin Pecan Smoke. I took it out the next day and tasted a piece and
ended up eating the whole thing raw with cream cheese on crackers.

I'll definitely do that that again. I often eat the CostCo IQF salmon
fillets raw, but never brined with a little liquid smoke.

> Here's a product that makes use of it in
> small quantities in just the right way. If you ever get the chance, try
> this.
>
> http://www.super-que.com/

Heh. Everett and Jones. Isn't that where Tim May and ... Steve Pope(?)
were going to battle it out but each one claimed the other didn't show up?

A little liquid smoke in some BBQ sauces is just fine and acceptable. but
stuff like Woody's Cook-In Sauce is (was) just nasty stuff, IMO.

-sw
-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mike > wrote:

> Go Zona , Shitsburg got a gift Superbowl win because the bus was
> retiring . Time to gift someone else a trophy

You think it's about politics?

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Mike > wrote:
>
>> Go Zona , Shitsburg got a gift Superbowl win because the bus was
>> retiring . Time to gift someone else a trophy

> You think it's about politics?
>
> -sw

Normally No.
The officiating in that game was Horrible ,Dreadful etc.etc. It was
suspicious at best

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mike wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> Mike > wrote:
>>
>>> Go Zona , Shitsburg got a gift Superbowl win because the bus was
>>> retiring . Time to gift someone else a trophy

>> You think it's about politics?
>>
>> -sw

> Normally No.
> The officiating in that game was Horrible ,Dreadful etc.etc. It was
> suspicious at best

Sore loser. You're whining already and you haven't even lost yet!

:-)

=-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:

> RegForte wrote:
>
>> http://www.super-que.com/

> Heh. Everett and Jones. Isn't that where Tim May and ... Steve Pope(?)
> were going to battle it out but each one claimed the other didn't show up?

One of the stranger exchanges I've seen on yooznet. To Steve's credit,
he never once mentioned automatic weapons, unlike the other dude.

Hog Fest Chris[_21_] Barbecue 3 13-04-2009 03:30 PM
Lexington, NC BBQ Fest Michael \(Piedmont\)[_5_] General Cooking 1 10-10-2007 11:42 PM
[fest info] Belgian Beer Fest - Beer List Todd Alström Beer 2 28-10-2004 01:35 AM