Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default My first (local) competition

Hey All-

The local Habitat for Humanity is having a BBQ Cook Off. Entry fee is
$100. 1st place is $1000. We are to set up at 6pm the organizer states
most teams start cooking around 8pm. Judging/turn-in is the next
morning starting at 7:30 am. We are cooking pork shoulder.

- Given I'll be cooking on my NBSS with lump/wood chunks is there
enough time to cook? I've cooked picinics and boston butts
(separately) in about 6 hours.

Are there any other questions I should ask the organizers? There's
very little information available besides a minimal application.

TIA,

Rob
Q 4 all so long as it's not parboiled ribs!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:59:45 -0700 (PDT),
" > wrote:

>Hey All-
>
>The local Habitat for Humanity is having a BBQ Cook Off. Entry fee is
>$100. 1st place is $1000. We are to set up at 6pm the organizer states
>most teams start cooking around 8pm. Judging/turn-in is the next
>morning starting at 7:30 am. We are cooking pork shoulder.
>
>- Given I'll be cooking on my NBSS with lump/wood chunks is there
>enough time to cook? I've cooked picinics and boston butts
>(separately) in about 6 hours.
>
>Are there any other questions I should ask the organizers? There's
>very little information available besides a minimal application.
>
>TIA,
>
>Rob
> Q 4 all so long as it's not parboiled ribs!

Are you in it for the winning or for the charity?

Could be both.

If you have done it before in 6 hours and it turned out great then it
should be enough time. But I don't know the weights, sizes.

Double plan everything. Have a one for one back-up of everything.

Write down your plan and set it aside. In a few hours do it again.
Read them both the next day. Find out what you may have missed.

Others here can offer much better advise than I when it comes to a
contest.

Peace and good luck!

BBQ Competition [email protected] Barbecue 3 08-03-2011 06:35 PM
PBS n' FN have competition notbob General Cooking 2 29-09-2010 10:36 AM
My competition!!! The Cook Preserving 5 07-10-2007 06:29 PM
Competition Clyde Winemaking 6 09-01-2004 01:50 AM