Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

Default Fatty, Pork Butt, Smoked Skillet Potatoes w/ photos

A bunch of new stuff from the weekend smokeout at http://bossytyle.blogspot.com/
No FOIL!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:
> A bunch of new stuff from the weekend smokeout at
> http://bossytyle.blogspot.com/ No FOIL!

Now you're just spamming your website. A lot of us use alt.food.binaries to
show off their food pics. Post your pictures there. I'm not gonna go to your
website to look at your stuff.

Feel free to post your URL in your sig line, but quit spamming your website,
it's annoying.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 13:29:45 -0800, Dave Bugg wrote:
>
>> gs wrote:
>>> A bunch of new stuff from the weekend smokeout at
>>> http://bossytyle.blogspot.com/ No FOIL!

>> Now you're just spamming your website.

> Like i said in that other group, I think the picture of Kingsford
> briquettes at the top of his blog says it all.

Yup. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's more interested
in advertising his blog than actually participating in any of the NGs he's
spamming. I hope gs decides to knock it off and just participate, but it
seems unlikely.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 6, 6:56*pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Yup. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's more interested
> in advertising his blog than actually participating in any of the NGs he's
> spamming. I hope gs decides to knock it off and just participate, but it
> seems unlikely.

Enought benefit of the doubt given. I thought at first that maybe it
was just a breach of etiquette, or maybe inexperience with NGs. But
now he has been told enough.

I haven't been to his website and sure won't go now.

Robert
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 6, 11:35 pm, " >
wrote:
> On Jan 6, 6:56 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>
> > Yup. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's more interested
> > in advertising his blog than actually participating in any of the NGs he's
> > spamming. I hope gs decides to knock it off and just participate, but it
> > seems unlikely.

> Enought benefit of the doubt given. I thought at first that maybe it
> was just a breach of etiquette, or maybe inexperience with NGs. But
> now he has been told enough.
>
> I haven't been to his website and sure won't go now.
>
> Robert

Man, you people really are insecure and rude. I have only been trying
to share my BBQ with you all and every piece of feedback has been
negative. In reality, you people need to grow up and quit trying to
slam others to make yourself feel better.

I will continue to share my ideas with the newsgroup. Regardless of
what anyone feels my intentions are. It is a free group, I am posting
relevant topics that I feel all of those reading will find of interest.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:
> On Jan 6, 11:35 pm, " >
> wrote:
>> On Jan 6, 6:56 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>>
>>> Yup. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's more
>>> interested in advertising his blog than actually participating in
>>> any of the NGs he's spamming. I hope gs decides to knock it off and
>>> just participate, but it seems unlikely.

>> Enought benefit of the doubt given. I thought at first that maybe it
>> was just a breach of etiquette, or maybe inexperience with NGs. But
>> now he has been told enough.
>>
>> I haven't been to his website and sure won't go now.
>>
>> Robert

> Man, you people really are insecure and rude.

No, that is what you have been.

> I have only been trying
> to share my BBQ with you all

No, you haven't. On ngs like this one people share their brand of knowledge
by participating in dialogue, not by posting spam about blogs or websites.

> and every piece of feedback has been
> negative.

That should be a danger signal.

> In reality, you people need to grow up and quit trying to
> slam others to make yourself feel better.

Whatever.

> I will continue to share my ideas with the newsgroup. Regardless of
> what anyone feels my intentions are. It is a free group, I am posting
> relevant topics that I feel all of those reading will find of
> interest.

Well, who are 'all of those reading' that you claim will find your blog
interesting? Does that include the many here who have told you to knock of
the spam, or have given you the thumbs down to your concept of "bbq"? In
fact, your use of the phrase 'all of those reading' is not a true statement,
is it? If you keep this up, you'll likely end up just talking to yourself
if. IOW, participants here will just put you into their kill-file, which
has already happened to you with a few of the regulars already.

You are welcome to participate all you want by responding to threads or
starting your own threads, and I heartily encourage you to do so. That is
the purpose of usenet newsgroups. But you are mistaken if you believe that
you can continually post your URL in the message body while telling people
to go see whatever the newest thing is on your blog. That action does not
fit any definition of participation. It is what spammers do.

It's up to you to decide what you want to do, be a participant or be a
spammer. Personally, I hope you just put your website in your sig line and
participate in proper newsgroup discussions.

If you continue to spam your blog, you will simply be reported to your ISP
for violation of TOS.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 7, 12:43*pm, gs > wrote:

> Man, you people really are insecure and rude. *I have only been trying
> to share my BBQ with you all and every piece of feedback has been
> negative. *In reality, you people need to grow up and quit trying to
> slam others to make yourself feel better.

Rude? Are you kidding? Rude? For some reason, you have the singular
distinction of having the nicest post I have ever read by Sqwertz when
expressing his displeasure. And from others from around here as
well. No taunting, no profanity, no "if you were around here I'd kick
your ass", none of that.

Rude would be like this: "Why don't you take your spam handling ass
somewhere else and share your shit ads with someone that cares? You
aren't appreciated or even liked around here as long as your posts are
no more than shills for your website."

See how different that looks? When some around here are truly
annoyed, they are like a dog with a rag, they don't stop chewing on it
until it is absolutely torn to pieces.

> I will continue to share my ideas with the >newsgroup. *Regardless of
> what anyone feels my intentions are. *

Oh, joy. BTW, what are your intentions? Better barbecue through
advertising?

>It is a free group, I am posting
> relevant topics that I feel all of those reading will find of >interest.

Good for you! It is indeed free, and without moderation. So for you,
you are good to go. Post on, buddy. Just don't expect much in the
way of response.

I just don't understand why you would choose the more abrasive
approach to selling your site when you really didn't have to. I
participate in 2 -3 other newsgroups and a couple more forums, and
once you get that stink of spam on you it is hard to get it off. You
just don't have to shove your site down anyone's throat to get it to
take off.

Looking forward to ignoring your future posts,

Robert
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 7, 2:40 pm, Steve Calvin > wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > I just don't understand why you would choose the more abrasive
> > approach to selling your site when you really didn't have to. I
> > participate in 2 -3 other newsgroups and a couple more forums, and
> > once you get that stink of spam on you it is hard to get it off. You
> > just don't have to shove your site down anyone's throat to get it to
> > take off.

> > Looking forward to ignoring your future posts,

> > Robert

> Agreed... just put the url in your sig and join in the
> discussions and no one would have said a word.
>
> --
> Steve

Man listen to yourselves. Threatened and insecure. I am finished
wasting time in replying to these nonsense comments.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:

> Man listen to yourselves. Threatened and insecure. I am finished
> wasting time in replying to these nonsense comments.

Wow. It's too bad you choose to look at what has been said in this manner.
No one is threatened by your presence, and I have no idea what it is about
this whole thing that would make anyone here insecure. I'll say it again;
your participation is welcome.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> gs wrote:
>
>> Man listen to yourselves. Threatened and insecure. I am finished
>> wasting time in replying to these nonsense comments.

> Wow. It's too bad you choose to look at what has been said in this manner.
> No one is threatened by your presence, and I have no idea what it is about
> this whole thing that would make anyone here insecure. I'll say it again;
> your participation is welcome.

Yep, anyone's participation is welcome. The only people I've
seen chastised since I've been here have been spammers of
blogs, sites, etc.

I think this one's a lost cause Dave. Just doesn't seem to
comprehend the accepted norms of Usenet.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> gs wrote:
>
> > Man listen to yourselves. Threatened and insecure. I am finished
> > wasting time in replying to these nonsense comments.

> Wow. It's too bad you choose to look at what has been said in this
> manner. No one is threatened by your presence, and I have no idea what it
> is about this whole thing that would make anyone here insecure. I'll say
> it again; your participation is welcome.

"Participation" is the word!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:

My interpretation is that folks object to just posting about the URL.
How about posting, say, the recipe, and then just putting the URL in
your .sig?

Long ago in a cruising newsgroup, there was a fellow who had an
absolutely great web site about ships, ports of call and tours. The
problem was that whenever somebody would post a legitimate question such
as, "Where do ships dock when visiting St. Thomas, USVI," this fellow
would reply with, "You can get the answer to that at my web site at
XXXX.com." His posts and website had the potential to be very
informative, but instead he was merely trying to draw in traffic to his
site and created tremendous animosity among us regular posters.

Again, after the flurry of posts about your having spammed the newsgroup
has died down, try joining into other posts and discussions and if your
website can address a question, offer an alternative or offer up an
on-topic recipe, then you could gain hits by replying with something
like this: "The recipe I use for a mustard-based sauce uses dry
mustard instead of CYM. I have the full recipe on my website." Then,
add the URL into your .sig. See if it works and the best of luck to you.

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---
No matter how large your boat,
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 7, 4:17 pm, Bill > wrote:
> In article >,
> says...

> > > Wow. It's too bad you choose to look at what has been said in this
> > > manner. No one is threatened by your presence, and I have no idea what it
> > > is about this whole thing that would make anyone here insecure. I'll say
> > > it again; your participation is welcome.

> > "Participation" is the word!

> gs is a googlegoober. Participation is about 3 syllables more than he
> can understand.
>
> Bill

Glad to see you are all checking it out. Man. Next week we are going
to be featuring Ribs. Ribs, ribz. Yeah, Ribzzz. I will make sure to
get a link up here since this newsgroup is limited. For those that
enjoy, do not pay any attention to the idiots that think they own
this. Their conversations are anything but BBQ related. They are
jealous and insecure and they cannot win that argument and they know
it.

Thanks for your support of http://bossytyle.blogspot.com/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dan Dan is offline

gs wrote:
> On Jan 7, 4:17 pm, Bill > wrote:
>> In article >,
>> says...

>>> "Participation" is the word!

>> gs is a googlegoober. Participation is about 3 syllables more than he
>> can understand.
>>
>> Bill

> Glad to see you are all checking it out. Man. Next week we are going
> to be featuring Ribs. Ribs, ribz. Yeah, Ribzzz. I will make sure to
> get a link up here since this newsgroup is limited. For those that
> enjoy, do not pay any attention to the idiots that think they own
> this. Their conversations are anything but BBQ related. They are
> jealous and insecure and they cannot win that argument and they know
> it.

<spam snipped>

You say "Man" a lot, don't you?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 7, 8:41 pm, Dan > wrote:
> gs wrote:
> > On Jan 7, 4:17 pm, Bill > wrote:
> >> In article >,
> >> says...

> >> gs is a googlegoober. Participation is about 3 syllables more than he
> >> can understand.

> >> Bill

> > Glad to see you are all checking it out. Man. Next week we are going
> > to be featuring Ribs. Ribs, ribz. Yeah, Ribzzz. I will make sure to
> > get a link up here since this newsgroup is limited. For those that
> > enjoy, do not pay any attention to the idiots that think they own
> > this. Their conversations are anything but BBQ related. They are
> > jealous and insecure and they cannot win that argument and they know
> > it.

> <spam snipped>
>
> You say "Man" a lot, don't you?

Man, I do Dan.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:

Nothing but spam.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 7, 9:22 pm, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
> "gs" the spammer wasting bandwidth and abusing newsgroups at
> > spammed, whined, insulted, disrespected, and acted
> the fool while attempting to justify spam:
>

> Crap clipped, scissors washed with bleach.
>
> I'll avoid his spammed sites so I don't have to bleach my eyeballs too. (And
> so I don't pick up any spammaterius virioinfecticus lurking on his blog
> hosting domain.)
>
> Spammers should be locked in solitary with their eyelids taped open and
> forced to watch infomercials 24 hours a day.
>
> Other than that I like them just fine. <g>
>
> MartyB in KC

Actually, I put a lot of hard work into it. And for you to cry about
it and call it spam when you have not even bothered to give it a peek
you are simply sharing your opinion based off assumptions with the
absence of fact. That said, you are clearly not even remotely aware
of my intentions nor what my site has to offer you. I would prefer if
you would stay away from my site because BBQing involves fire and you
have not demonstrated enough intelligence to use it safely.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:

Marty, we're flying over KC tomorrow, on our way to a FL vacation.
We'll wave to ya' from the plane up there at fl35, and would appreciate
your having a few pounds of ribs standing ready out at KCI in case we're
forced to land to take on fuel. <grin>

We'll be in the Orlando area doing the Mickey at first. To be honest, I
don't know of any decent barbecue in Orlando. I'm sure that there are
some KC or NC transplants living there selling Q, but just haven't found
it yet.

--
---Nonnymus---
No matter how large your boat,
the person you are talking with will
have a close friend with a larger one.
---Observation by my son
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:48:38 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
>> It's up to you to decide what you want to do, be a participant or be
>> a spammer. Personally, I hope you just put your website in your sig
>> line and participate in proper newsgroup discussions.

> Dave, you've been far more polite to this twit than I think he
> deserves. Congratulations! (seriously)

Thanks, Denny. Sometimes one can get off to the wrong foot because they
don't know the neighborhood and usenet. Gawd knows I've been there. I was
hoping that if gs was serious about a real interest in bbq and participating
here, that maybe he just needed a way to save face from his initial fubar.
It now seems I was wrong and that his behavior is as it appears.

>> If you continue to spam your blog, you will simply be reported to
>> your ISP for violation of TOS.

> Not at all a bad idea--perhaps he'll learn something if he's dumped.

Hopefully he'll do the right thing. Hopefully.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 7, 2:31*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:

> But... but.... In my defense, I was ruder to him in
> rec.food.cooking, where these are also being posted

Hell I didn't know that or I wouldn't have been nice, either.

> Thanks for the heads up. *I'll work on this :-)

I about fell out of my chair laughing at that one. I kind of think of
your posts sometimes as shoot first, ask questions later.

I was thinking that you must have been mellow due to the holidays.

I am looking forward to you being back on form.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex vex is offline

Someone wrote:

> Nothing but spam.

Hmmm... next time I fire up the smoker, I'm gonna try smoking some spam to
see what happens. I'm guessing it'll probably render into a small lump of
something formerly resembling spam.

--Brett
Who is having trouble finding lump this time of year

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

vex wrote:
> Someone wrote:
>
>> Nothing but spam.

> Hmmm... next time I fire up the smoker, I'm gonna try smoking some
> spam to see what happens. I'm guessing it'll probably render into a
> small lump of something formerly resembling spam.

Smoke at a temperature of 170F, and it should be fine. You might go with the
Spam "lite" to reduce the amount of salty taste though. But rather than
Spam, try to get a real bologna -- as opposed to the Oscar Mayer stuff --
and smoke that. Wonnerful, just wonnerful :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 8, 12:44 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> vex wrote:
> > Someone wrote:

> >> Nothing but spam.

> > Hmmm... next time I fire up the smoker, I'm gonna try smoking some
> > spam to see what happens. I'm guessing it'll probably render into a
> > small lump of something formerly resembling spam.

> Smoke at a temperature of 170F, and it should be fine. You might go with the
> Spam "lite" to reduce the amount of salty taste though. But rather than
> Spam, try to get a real bologna -- as opposed to the Oscar Mayer stuff --
> and smoke that. Wonnerful, just wonnerful :-)
> --
> Davewww.davebbq.com

Oh guys, quit being so silly with your puns and all.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:
> On Jan 8, 12:44 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>> vex wrote:
>>> Hmmm... next time I fire up the smoker, I'm gonna try smoking some
>>> spam to see what happens. I'm guessing it'll probably render into a
>>> small lump of something formerly resembling spam.

>> Smoke at a temperature of 170F, and it should be fine. You might go with the
>> Spam "lite" to reduce the amount of salty taste though. But rather than
>> Spam, try to get a real bologna -- as opposed to the Oscar Mayer stuff --
>> and smoke that. Wonnerful, just wonnerful :-)
>> --
>> Davewww.davebbq.com

> Oh guys, quit being so silly with your puns and all.

Daves reply was right on. smoked "real" bologna is great.
I've even had smoked spam lite and it's not putrid. That's
about the best I can say for that though.

At least we actually DISCUSS things instead of just posting
links and then bitching when people don't happen to like it.

You, on the other hand, have contributed absolutely nothing
to date except spamming your blog (which ain't nobody here
gonna go) and whining about being told that your behavior
here is not going to be tolerated.

I suggested to you once to join in actual DISCUSSIONS and
include your blog in your sig and it may all blow over but
you won't listen.

And WHO'S being silly? Got a mirror handy?

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 8, 4:49 pm, Steve Calvin > wrote:
> gs wrote:
> >> Smoke at a temperature of 170F, and it should be fine. You might go with the
> >> Spam "lite" to reduce the amount of salty taste though. But rather than
> >> Spam, try to get a real bologna -- as opposed to the Oscar Mayer stuff --
> >> and smoke that. Wonnerful, just wonnerful :-)
> >> --
> >> Davewww.davebbq.com

> > Oh guys, quit being so silly with your puns and all.

> Daves reply was right on. smoked "real" bologna is great.
> I've even had smoked spam lite and it's not putrid. That's
> about the best I can say for that though.
>
> At least we actually DISCUSS things instead of just posting
> links and then bitching when people don't happen to like it.
>
> You, on the other hand, have contributed absolutely nothing
> to date except spamming your blog (which ain't nobody here
> gonna go) and whining about being told that your behavior
> here is not going to be tolerated.
>
> I suggested to you once to join in actual DISCUSSIONS and
> include your blog in your sig and it may all blow over but
> you won't listen.
>
> And WHO'S being silly? Got a mirror handy?
>
> --
> Steve

is this how you do it?

The Fatty - Fattystyle

My buddy, the "O", makes this Fatty Fattystyle. Different layout here
gang. You get the instructions then see the photos of it smoking in
its own swine grease below.

Lay out foil or saran wrap, use butter or Pam so sausage does not
stick.
1. 1lb. jimmy dean sausage (spell check) roll, flatten to 1/4"
thickness rectangular. (you can use regular, mild, or hot..... how hot
do you like it?)
2. Put 8oz cream cheese in mixing bowl, add 1/2 white onion finely
diced, add 1/2 green onion finely diced. add 1 teaspoon Cayenne
pepper, then mix all together.
3. 3 jumbo jalapeno peppers demembraned and deseeded, cut to 1/4s so
they lay flat.
4. Spread cream cheese mix on sausage leaving about 1/2" of sausage
showing.
5. Put J's. on cream cheese mix in line and or rows (about 3 rows) not
going over cream cheese mix onto sausage.
6. Put on 1 line of little smokies on top of J's.
7. Sprinkle generous portion of shredded cheese on top of smokies.
(cheddar, Colby jack, whatever your cheese liking is.)
8. Roll sausage together and form a log with sausage sticking together
and none of the inside ingredients showing.
9. Options for final phase....... roll bacon over log completely
around (I do this), rub with BBQ rub only or before bacon goes on, rub
in brown sugar before or after bacon (I do this after bacon is on so
its like pig candy.)
Then you smoke @ around 250 for about 3 - 4 hours temp for pork should
be 160 but I don't use thermometer, after 3 - 4 hours its done due to
1/4" thickness of pork.

Wrapped and on the smoker furthest from the heat.Relocation and
changing of the color of bacon.
Fatty up high!Fatty - angle shot.Fatty down low!
Dwarf Beer - Fatty in the rear.Man, this is perfection for the prime
innards of a juicy log of love.

In all its glory, The Fatty - Fattystyle.

Posted by gs at 12:13 PM 1 comments

Older Posts
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
Bossy Links

* The Smoke Ring
* 007BondJB - Speachless

Appetizers

* The Fatty - Fattystyle

Beef

* Burnt Ends - Part 1
* Burnt Ends - Part 2
* Burnt Ends - Part 3

Pork

* Pork Butt

Sides

* Smoked Skillet Potatoes

BBQ Sauces

* The "O"s Famous BBQ Sauce
* Bossystyle Mustard BBQ Sauce

Google-Q
Google
Enter your search terms
Submit search form
Bossy News
Barbeque Smoked Meat Grilling BBQ Sauce
Food Network Invites Viewers to Go 'Down Home With the Neelys'
FOX News
- Jan 07, 2008
- Jan 07, 2008
Whether making barbeque spaghetti, lip-smacking ribs or a decadent
Strawberry Shortcut Cake, the Neelys will provide delicious and easy
recipes that the ...
Related Articles »
clipped from Google - 1/2008
Event Review - Hot Barbeque 2008
Central Station
, Australia
- Jan 07, 2008
- Jan 07, 2008
Hot BBQ seemed an appropriate title for this inaugural New Years Day
festival since the crowd marinated in their own juices throughout this
sweltering 38c ...
clipped from Google - 1/2008
Restaurant firm buys Longhorn, sells Smokey Bones
Daily Mail - Charleston
, USA
- Jan 08, 2008
- 9 hours ago
Darden agreed last month to sell its Smokey Bones chain to Barbeque
Integrated Inc. for $80 million. Barbeque Integrated is an affiliate
of Sun Capital ...
clipped from Google - 1/2008
Dirty Jobs Premieres On Discovery Channel
Reality TV Magazine
, USA
- Jan 08, 2008
- 15 hours ago
In premiere episode of Dirty Jobs, Rowe will go to work at a famous
Georgia barbeque establishment. Rowe learns the greasy job of making
great tasting ...
clipped from Google - 1/2008
powered by

Blog Archive

* January (4)
* December (6)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 8, 4:49 pm, Steve Calvin > wrote:
> gs wrote:
> >> Smoke at a temperature of 170F, and it should be fine. You might go with the
> >> Spam "lite" to reduce the amount of salty taste though. But rather than
> >> Spam, try to get a real bologna -- as opposed to the Oscar Mayer stuff --
> >> and smoke that. Wonnerful, just wonnerful :-)
> >> --
> >> Davewww.davebbq.com

> > Oh guys, quit being so silly with your puns and all.

> Daves reply was right on. smoked "real" bologna is great.
> I've even had smoked spam lite and it's not putrid. That's
> about the best I can say for that though.
>
> At least we actually DISCUSS things instead of just posting
> links and then bitching when people don't happen to like it.
>
> You, on the other hand, have contributed absolutely nothing
> to date except spamming your blog (which ain't nobody here
> gonna go) and whining about being told that your behavior
> here is not going to be tolerated.
>
> I suggested to you once to join in actual DISCUSSIONS and
> include your blog in your sig and it may all blow over but
> you won't listen.
>
> And WHO'S being silly? Got a mirror handy?
>
> --
> Steve

Bossystyle Burnt Ends - Part 1

T'was the night before I pulled out 10# of well trimmed Beef and lay
it fat side up.
Smack it with some rub.

Flip the fatty face down.

More rub on the backside.

Garlic and some Panola Dry Worcestershire rub.

Don't forget the other side.

The fellas.

Seal the deal with plenty of foil nice and tight.

Toss the beast in the fridge overnight.

Posted by gs at 9:41 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Bossy Links

* The Smoke Ring
* 007BondJB - Speachless

Appetizers

* The Fatty - Fattystyle

Beef

* Burnt Ends - Part 1
* Burnt Ends - Part 2
* Burnt Ends - Part 3

Pork

* Pork Butt

Sides

* Smoked Skillet Potatoes

BBQ Sauces

* The "O"s Famous BBQ Sauce
* Bossystyle Mustard BBQ Sauce

Google-Q
Google
Enter your search terms
Submit search form
Bossy News
Blog Archive

* January (4)
* December (6)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 8, 4:49 pm, Steve Calvin > wrote:
> gs wrote:
> >> Smoke at a temperature of 170F, and it should be fine. You might go with the
> >> Spam "lite" to reduce the amount of salty taste though. But rather than
> >> Spam, try to get a real bologna -- as opposed to the Oscar Mayer stuff --
> >> and smoke that. Wonnerful, just wonnerful :-)
> >> --
> >> Davewww.davebbq.com

> > Oh guys, quit being so silly with your puns and all.

> Daves reply was right on. smoked "real" bologna is great.
> I've even had smoked spam lite and it's not putrid. That's
> about the best I can say for that though.
>
> At least we actually DISCUSS things instead of just posting
> links and then bitching when people don't happen to like it.
>
> You, on the other hand, have contributed absolutely nothing
> to date except spamming your blog (which ain't nobody here
> gonna go) and whining about being told that your behavior
> here is not going to be tolerated.
>
> I suggested to you once to join in actual DISCUSSIONS and
> include your blog in your sig and it may all blow over but
> you won't listen.
>
> And WHO'S being silly? Got a mirror handy?
>
> --
> Steve

where are my pictures why did they not show up. show me how to work
this newsgroup.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 8, 5:30 pm, gs > wrote:
> On Jan 8, 4:49 pm, Steve Calvin > wrote:
>

> > gs wrote:

> > > Oh guys, quit being so silly with your puns and all.

> > Daves reply was right on. smoked "real" bologna is great.
> > I've even had smoked spam lite and it's not putrid. That's
> > about the best I can say for that though.

> > At least we actually DISCUSS things instead of just posting
> > links and then bitching when people don't happen to like it.

> > You, on the other hand, have contributed absolutely nothing
> > to date except spamming your blog (which ain't nobody here
> > gonna go) and whining about being told that your behavior
> > here is not going to be tolerated.

> > I suggested to you once to join in actual DISCUSSIONS and
> > include your blog in your sig and it may all blow over but
> > you won't listen.

> > And WHO'S being silly? Got a mirror handy?

> > --
> > Steve

> where are my pictures why did they not show up. show me how to work
> this newsgroup.

Smoked Skillet Taters

I found this recipe for Smoked Skillet Taters on the Smoke Ring. Man,
good stuff.

Six whole Russet Potatoes, somewhat cubed.
This is a Russet Potato.
My touch, I add some Truffle Oil from Italy.
Then some Chipotle Seasoning.
Then some peppers.
Then chop one whole sweet onion.
Combine the chopped onion with the chopped peppers and add some
Garlic, Olive Oil and pepper.
The potatoes after the Truffle Oil is added.
Pile the potatoes first in a large cast iron skillet. Then add the
peppers and onions. Slam it down on your smokehouse furthest from the
firebox.After about 1 hour add one block of Colby and one block of
Pepper Jack.
I also toss some bacon on the upper rack for smoking now.

After about 45 minutes, pull the bacon and chop it up into
pieces.Chopped smoked bacon pieces. None of that store bought rubbery
junk.
Ok, about two hours in, half of this lovely dish gets hit with the
bacon and one fresh Jalapeno. I was going to keep it separated due to
a vegetarian attending the festivities.
Time for more Colby and more Pepper Jack. I moved it closest to the
firebox and gave it a stir beforehand. Then told the vegetarian she
could pick out the bacon.
The whole meal deal with some Pig Peckers and a bonus Fatty.
Everything still coming along just fine. About 4 hours in give it
another stir and add some Provolone.
6 Hours out, pull it and toss in the oven on warm. Vegetarian burger
added right below the Fatty so it gets hit with the droppings. No
questions please.

Posted by gs at 11:39 AM

2 comments:

The O said...

Love the no ?'s please. I'm sure she will be fine with a hint of
meat in her system. Maybe she will turn to a meat lover after all.
January 6, 2008 12:36 PM
Anonymous said...

I think my cholesterol numbers went off the scale just reading
your blog... :-)
January 7, 2008 12:49 PM

[...]

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:

> where are my pictures why did they not show up. show me how to work
> this newsgroup.

Although there are some newsgroups that are binary (pictures, graphics,
etc), most newsgroups are ONLY text-based. This is a text-only newsgroup, so
pictures aren't allowed.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:

> where are my pictures why did they not show up. show me how to work
> this newsgroup.

You seem like an obvious troll who knows little to nothing
about BBQ let alone Usenet...

But in the event that you're serious (which I doubt) and in
the interest of providing you some information that you may
be interested in, (again, I doubt):

A simple google search with the following search criteria
entered exactly as below will turn up thousands of hits if
you're serious about finding out what Usenet is and how to
use it:

http://www.google.com
+"usenet etiquette"

As for BBQ, this would be a good start as well as reading
the past posts of this group. You'll find that wiseasses
aren't tolerated very well.

You can get a copy of the latest BBQ List FAQ
in one of the following ways:

1) Vince Vielhaber has set up an email autoresponder.

Send email to:

and you'll get the ascii text version, zipped up, by
return
email.

Send mail to:

and you'll get the ascii text version in a self
extracting zip file
by return email.

and you'll get a straight ascii version, not zipped.

and you will get the MS Word 6.0 version in a
self-extracting zip file
by return mail.

Leave the subject and message body blank.

2) You can also get the BBQ List FAQ by visiting Vince's
Web site:

http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/

You can download several different formats of the
FAQ here.

You can also view the FAQ in HTML format he

http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq

3) You can read the FAQ on Dan Gill's Barbecue Survival
Guide Web
page at:

http://members.tripod.com/~DanGill/Survive.HTML

4) Alex Baker has Word 6.0 and Adobe Acrobat versions of the
FAQ available for downloading.

His Web site is
http://www.calweb.com/~ambaker/bbqfaq.html

Or you can get them directly via ftp by:

ftp://ftp.calweb.com/users/a/ambaker/faq-word.zip
ftp://ftp.calweb.com/users/a/ambaker/faq-10.doc
ftp://ftp.calweb.com/users/a/ambaker/faq-acro.pdf

Alex also has a link to download the Adobe Acrobat
viewer.
The Acrobat version of the FAQ has internal links
from the
Table of Contents to the respective sections in the
document.

For those of you who do not have MS Word 6.0 or 7.0 or Word
97 who wish to read
the FAQ in Word format, you can download the MS Word Viewer
from Microsoft for
free. The Word viewer will allow you to view MS Word
documents and print
them, but not edit them or create new documents.

Here's how to get it:

Set your Web browser to:

http://www.microsoft.com/msword/internet/viewer/

and select the version for the Windows operating system you
have:

The 97 version for Win95 and the 16-bit version for Win3.1x

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:
> On Jan 8, 4:49 pm, Steve Calvin > wrote:
>> gs wrote:

>>> Oh guys, quit being so silly with your puns and all.

>> Daves reply was right on. smoked "real" bologna is great.
>> I've even had smoked spam lite and it's not putrid. That's
>> about the best I can say for that though.
>>
>> At least we actually DISCUSS things instead of just posting
>> links and then bitching when people don't happen to like it.
>>
>> You, on the other hand, have contributed absolutely nothing
>> to date except spamming your blog (which ain't nobody here
>> gonna go) and whining about being told that your behavior
>> here is not going to be tolerated.
>>
>> I suggested to you once to join in actual DISCUSSIONS and
>> include your blog in your sig and it may all blow over but
>> you won't listen.
>>
>> And WHO'S being silly? Got a mirror handy?
>>
>> --
>> Steve

> is this how you do it?

.....snip

You don't want to simply copy and paste your web page, 'cause it loses
format. Just paste the text of your entry like this (notice that the
extraneous stuff is stripped)

[...]

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 8, 7:24 pm, Denny Wheeler >
wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 15:30:31 -0800 (PST), gs >
> wrote:
>
> >where are my pictures why did they not show up. show me how to work
> >this newsgroup.

> Note Dave's explanation of how to trim and format your posts--doing a
> direct cut and paste of your blog/website gives something far too
> badly formatted to read.
>
> Note Steve Calvin's advice on how to obtain a copy of the Barbecue FAQ
> ('FAQ' is the three letter acronym [TLA] for 'frequently asked
> questions' and this one is chock-full of good info.)
>
> Also, it'd pay you to read up on usenet a bit--Steve offers some
> useful tips in that regard, too.
>
> I noticed that one of your recipes--the potato one, I
> believe--mentions The Smoke Ring. Smoke Ring has some very good
> sites--and a few bad ones, unfortunately.
>
> But about your pictures--if you're serious about wanting to show your
> pictures, there's a binary (pictures welcome) newsgroup closely
> related to afb and rfc--it's alt.binaries.food. Post your pictures
> there and mention in your post here that the pics are there. Many
> regulars in afb will check pictures on abf.
>
> BTW--your "show me how to work this newsgroup" would have profited
> from one more word. That word of course, is "please."
>
> "Every single religion that has a monotheistic god
> winds up persecuting someone else."
> -Philip Pullman
> --
> -denny-
> (not as curmudgeonly as I useta be)

How could you post pictures to one group and not another. How do you
post pictures to a newsgroup. Due to not understanding this process I
chose to create an easy blog and keep all of my stuff there instead of
repeatedly post in a newsgroup my recipes for amazing BBQ.

Instead of chastising someone, maybe give them some guidance as to
what you suggest would be best. This "it's my way or the highway"
stuff is nonsense.

I hope that others who read this and do not participate in the
conversations will learn what type of people they are dealing with in
this newsgroup. For those that do not reply, they must enjoy
Bossystyle BBQ and what it has to offer along the lines of visual
cooking excitement. I only wish that the rest of you were not so
narrow-minded. All you do is cause arguments which revolve around
conflict and fuels the substance you lack in the real world.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex vex is offline

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Smoke at a temperature of 170F, and it should be fine. You might go
> with the Spam "lite" to reduce the amount of salty taste though. But
> rather than Spam, try to get a real bologna -- as opposed to the
> Oscar Mayer stuff -- and smoke that. Wonnerful, just wonnerful :-)

Doing bologna sounds like a great idea. The local place where I get my
packer cuts has full 10lb chubs of the Real Stuff. I'm going to be doing
10lbs or so of pork for my annual Superbowl party, I can throw in a chub of
bologna at the back end of the grate (CoS) and that should work out nicely.
What temp should I pull off the bologna? Or does it really matter? Just
leave it in until the pork is done?

--Brett

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:

> I hope that others who read this and do not participate in the
> conversations will learn what type of people they are dealing with in
> this newsgroup. For those that do not reply, they must enjoy
> Bossystyle BBQ and what it has to offer along the lines of visual
> cooking excitement. I only wish that the rest of you were not so
> narrow-minded. All you do is cause arguments which revolve around
> conflict and fuels the substance you lack in the real world.

Oh, heavens. I was going to sit this out, but now you've gone
too far and are presuming to speak for me.

First of all, I personally have no problem with a blog presentation
of cooking. It's a fine idea, in fact. Unfortunately, blog sites
in general are easily filled with malware, so that's a problem,
but it's really not any different than any other web site. However,
you have to appreciate that some folks are reluctant to visit blogs
for that reason. My choice of browser and security settings have
proven to be quite robust in the face of web threats, so I have no
qualms looking at your blog.

So, I haven't been complaining, but it's not because I enjoy
"Bossystyle BBQ". I mean, sure, I looked at your blog and it's
interesting, but it's not that big a deal. Lots of people barbecue
lots of stuff in lots of different ways, and the longtime participants
in a.f.b. have a great deal of barbecue experience.

In other words, the only reason I haven't responded is that I don't
often get into newsgroup barfights any more. Don't take that as a
form of support for your "visual cooking excitement".

Next, the a.f.barbecue newsgroup, like any social gathering, has
developed a culture of its own. Active members of the newsgroup
appreciate participation *in the context of the newsgroup*. Simply
publishing a blog link is a way of drawing participation into a
different context (that of the blog). If you participate in the
newsgroup as well as maintain the blog, I suspect there would be
little complaint; what I'm mostly seeing from you on the newsgroup
are invitations to participate in your blog.

Further, once a newsgroup barfight gets started, it just spirals
downward, with posturing and egos and etc. The best thing to do,
really, is for the "new guy" to take a step back, let things cool
off, and pay a little more attention to the social flow of the
newsgroup. You're the "new guy", so that's the way it goes.

Dana
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default THis Group Sucks.

This is why this group sucks. What a waste of time. Just ignore, kf,
plonk or whatever and get back to bbq.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:

> How could you post pictures to one group and not another.

That's like saying 'why can't I fly into outer space in the space shuttle
but not in a 737'. There are specific 'classifications' of newsgroups on
usenet that are designed for specific purposes; it is the way that newsgroup
functions were designed for usenet. You have been given links to information
that give the background and history of usenet, why haven't you looked at
those? It would be of help.

> How do you
> post pictures to a newsgroup.

You can use a third party program like TinyPic http://tinypic.com/ Or you
can use your own softare, like Adobe's Photoshop.

> Due to not understanding this process I
> chose to create an easy blog and keep all of my stuff there instead of
> repeatedly post in a newsgroup my recipes for amazing BBQ.

First: If you don't understand the process, why don't you spend the time
necessary to learn? After all, I'm sure (as an example) you wouldn't enter a
company's workplace as a new employee and just begin doing things in your
own way, ignoring the company rules, philosophies, and methods of
operations.

> Instead of chastising someone, maybe give them some guidance as to
> what you suggest would be best. This "it's my way or the highway"
> stuff is nonsense.

Excuse me, bubba, but that's what a few of us have tried to do, and what I'm
still trying to do. But this is the type of petulant behavior that makes it
easier to stiff-arm you than to try and get you up to speed. IT IS NOT OUR
FAULT that you chose to come into usenet without understanding how it works.

> I hope that others who read this and do not participate in the
> conversations will learn what type of people they are dealing with in
> this newsgroup.

Please, you really don't want to go down that path.

> For those that do not reply, they must enjoy
> Bossystyle BBQ and what it has to offer along the lines of visual
> cooking excitement.

I really want to say something in reply, but I'm going to let it go.

> I only wish that the rest of you were not so
> narrow-minded.

Narrow-minded about what? If you are speaking of the insistance that you not
spam your blog, that's *not* being narrow-minded, it is following
established usenet policy. If you are speaking about your product, please
don't confuse narrow-mindedness with personal taste and preference. Most
participants here are not novices, they are experienced and have been doing
barbecue for years and decades.

> All you do is cause arguments which revolve around
> conflict and fuels the substance you lack in the real world.

<Sigh> As I said above, you really don't want to go down that path.

Let me ask you this: What would you have thought if all of us here could
have broken into your blog and started spamming for another website? What if
we told folks reading your blog that the path to the best bbq in the world
was found at www.whatever.com? I'm sure you have rules pertaining to how you
want participation in your blog to occur. But what if we don't know anything
about blogs and don't care to read the rules, but we are going to do what we
want anyway?

Whether you approve or not, there is a right way and a wrong way to
participate in newsgroups. This is even recognized by the individual ISPs to
whom people sign up to get into the world wide web and usenet. Yeah, usenet
is an open medium, but it is driven by policies, procedures, and even
traditions which make it function in a useful way.

Your motivation for participating in this NG is the desire to hawk your
product. I'm sorry, but you simply have to accept the fact that your desire
is subordinate to the classification and function of this category of
newsgroups.

Now please, feel free to participate in this NG, as it is designed, and
enjoy the company of those who enjoy barbecue as a cooking art form.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 9, 12:22*pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

Holy crap, Dave.

I'm nominating you for the "Father Knows Best" award for patience.
Nicely said, nicely done, and all in all certainly a lot of really
good info has gone his way. Not only from you, others have given him
good direction, but you take the cake.

Good for you. Seriously.

BUT...

He isn't gettting it. He is no closer to getting it now than he was
when this started. I think it is time to let this one slide into the
sunset...

Robert

Cured Smoked Pork Butt Kent Barbecue 10 08-05-2008 02:39 AM
Fatty, Pork Butt, Smoked Skillet Potatoes w/ photos gs General Cooking 4 07-01-2008 12:27 AM
Fatty, Pork Butt, Smoked Skillet Potatoes w/ photos gs Recipes 0 06-01-2008 09:09 PM
Skillet Creamed Potatoes TrishG General Cooking 0 18-02-2006 12:15 AM
Skillet Creamed Potatoes Gail Recipes (moderated) 0 17-02-2006 07:35 AM