Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg Reg is offline

Default Question for Stoker owners

I was thinking of replacing some of my fire control
sensors with a Stoker

http://rocksbarbque.com/index.html

Unfortunately they don't seem to be responding to
calls or emails. It's been a few weeks. That pretty
much means that they're out of the running as a
potential vendor but I ask anyway.

Any Stoker owners know what's going on with these
guys? BOB? Buzz?

--
Reg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 19, 3:34 pm, Reg > wrote:
> I was thinking of replacing some of my fire control
> sensors with a Stoker
>
> http://rocksbarbque.com/index.html
>
> Unfortunately they don't seem to be responding to
> calls or emails. It's been a few weeks. That pretty
> much means that they're out of the running as a
> potential vendor but I ask anyway.
>
> Any Stoker owners know what's going on with these
> guys? BOB? Buzz?
>
> --
> Reg

The bbq guru people probably want your business. (Obviously the
stoker folks are a bit outside the bun.)

Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg Reg is offline

Pierre wrote:

> On Dec 19, 3:34 pm, Reg > wrote:
>
>>I was thinking of replacing some of my fire control
>>sensors with a Stoker
>>
>>http://rocksbarbque.com/index.html
>>
>>Unfortunately they don't seem to be responding to
>>calls or emails. It's been a few weeks. That pretty
>>much means that they're out of the running as a
>>potential vendor but I ask anyway.
>>
>>Any Stoker owners know what's going on with these
>>guys? BOB? Buzz?
>>

> The bbq guru people probably want your business. (Obviously the
> stoker folks are a bit outside the bun.)

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't think it has the
functionality I'm after. I basically just need data acquisition
via a web interface. I have all the control stuff already.

I don't believe bbq guru has a web interface, correct?

Too bad, cause they look like great people.

--
Reg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Reg wrote:
> Pierre wrote:
>
>> On Dec 19, 3:34 pm, Reg > wrote:
>>
>>> I was thinking of replacing some of my fire control
>>> sensors with a Stoker
>>>
>>> http://rocksbarbque.com/index.html
>>>
>>> Unfortunately they don't seem to be responding to
>>> calls or emails. It's been a few weeks. That pretty
>>> much means that they're out of the running as a
>>> potential vendor but I ask anyway.
>>>
>>> Any Stoker owners know what's going on with these
>>> guys? BOB? Buzz?
>>>

>> The bbq guru people probably want your business. (Obviously the
>> stoker folks are a bit outside the bun.)
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't think it has the
> functionality I'm after. I basically just need data acquisition
> via a web interface. I have all the control stuff already.
>
> I don't believe bbq guru has a web interface, correct?
>
> Too bad, cause they look like great people.

Well I don't know about their current status, but I can vouch for my
Stoker. It does have a web interface and there is an excellent third
party logging program, StokerLog, available on the Forum over at the
Virtual WSM site. I did two turkey breasts last weekend and the Stoker
maintained 310F +/- 3 degrees all afternoon.

- dave
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Pierre wrote:
> On Dec 19, 3:34 pm, Reg > wrote:
>> I was thinking of replacing some of my fire control
>> sensors with a Stoker
>>
>> http://rocksbarbque.com/index.html
>>
>> Unfortunately they don't seem to be responding to
>> calls or emails. It's been a few weeks. That pretty
>> much means that they're out of the running as a
>> potential vendor but I ask anyway.
>>
>> Any Stoker owners know what's going on with these
>> guys? BOB? Buzz?
>>
>> --
>> Reg

> The bbq guru people probably want your business. (Obviously the
> stoker folks are a bit outside the bun.)

I have a DigiQ II and it's worked exactly as advertised, though
I've only had it for a few months, so my experience is perhaps
limited.

Dana

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Reg wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't think it has the
> functionality I'm after. I basically just need data acquisition
> via a web interface. I have all the control stuff already.
>
> I don't believe bbq guru has a web interface, correct?

No, it doesn't. The geek side of me would love such functionality,
but the part of that cooks meat is perfectly happy with the DigiQ :-)

Dana
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Reg" > wrote in message
et...
>I was thinking of replacing some of my fire control
> sensors with a Stoker
>
> http://rocksbarbque.com/index.html
>
> Unfortunately they don't seem to be responding to
> calls or emails. It's been a few weeks. That pretty
> much means that they're out of the running as a
> potential vendor but I ask anyway.
>
> Any Stoker owners know what's going on with these
> guys? BOB? Buzz?

I have no idea. I did receive a couple of additional probes about a month
and a half ago.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg Reg is offline

Andrew Soto wrote:

> The most I've ever had to wait to get through is a day, two at most.
>
> His customer service is great in my opinion, I had a fan go out on a Monday
> and had a
> replacement in hand by Thursday.
>
> Rock is also very helpful when you need any trouble shooting tips too.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

How do you usually place orders or get in contact with them? I couldn't
place an order with them now if I wanted to.

--
Reg

chicken owners - egg question Janet Bostwick General Cooking 12 04-06-2011 05:42 AM
Question for Bosch dishwasher owners Mitch General Cooking 28 23-03-2007 02:52 PM
question for restaurant owners reykjavik Restaurants 1 15-11-2006 07:46 AM
Question for K owners David S Barbecue 3 11-11-2005 04:11 PM
Question for Tilia Foodsaver/Freshsaver vaccum preserving system owners [email protected] Preserving 8 15-01-2005 05:50 PM