Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default question for restaurant owners

Hi guys, I'm conducting a very basic feasbility assesment of an
invention I created for the restaurant industry (among others). I was
wondering if you could give me your two cents on the topic.

I've noticed a growing phenomenon where people are kicking the flush
handles of public toilets with their feet, either the flushometer
handle if its pressurized toilet, or flush handle if its a tank system
so that they don't have to touch the "dirty handle."

My question to restaurant owners is, does this phenomenon end up
costing you by having to call in a plumber for repairs more frequently
than you'd normally do? Do you find your flushometer wearing out
quickly or do you find leaks or your toilet breaking often because of
this kicking?

Thanks,
Evan

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

reykjavik wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm conducting a very basic feasbility assesment of an
> invention I created for the restaurant industry (among others). I was
> wondering if you could give me your two cents on the topic.
>
> I've noticed a growing phenomenon where people are kicking the flush
> handles of public toilets with their feet, either the flushometer
> handle if its pressurized toilet, or flush handle if its a tank system
> so that they don't have to touch the "dirty handle."
>
> My question to restaurant owners is, does this phenomenon end up
> costing you by having to call in a plumber for repairs more frequently
> than you'd normally do? Do you find your flushometer wearing out
> quickly or do you find leaks or your toilet breaking often because of
> this kicking?

I'm not a restaurant owner, but I wouldn't think that would have much
affect on the typical flush handle.

> Thanks,
> Evan

Looking for Former NYC Restaurant Owners [email protected] Restaurants 0 26-04-2016 06:41 PM
chicken owners - egg question Janet Bostwick General Cooking 12 04-06-2011 05:42 AM
BBQ Caterers & BBQ Restaurant owners Burnt Food Dude Barbecue 2 24-11-2005 05:50 PM
Question for K owners David S Barbecue 3 11-11-2005 05:11 PM
restaurant owners MikeT Barbecue 1 13-01-2004 12:14 PM