Old 17-06-2007, 01:31 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Ping: Dave Bugg

Dave, (or anyone else)

I have just discovered a product where I work called "pork wings", it
is made from the ham shank and comes pre-cooked from Sysco. My querry
is: are you familiar with this product, and do you know if it is
available "raw"? I think it would lend itself to BBQ and become very
popular.

Steve

Old 17-06-2007, 01:55 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 17, 8:31 am, wrote:
Dave, (or anyone else)

I have just discovered a product where I work called "pork wings", it
is made from the ham shank and comes pre-cooked from Sysco. My querry
is: are you familiar with this product, and do you know if it is
available "raw"? I think it would lend itself to BBQ and become very
popular.

Steve

Looks like I posted to soon: http://www.farmlandfoodservice.com/p...wild_wings.pdf

But has anyone tried smoking or grilling these, or know where to find
at retail?

Steve

Old 17-06-2007, 08:10 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
On Jun 17, 8:31 am, wrote:
Dave, (or anyone else)

I have just discovered a product where I work called "pork wings", it
is made from the ham shank and comes pre-cooked from Sysco. My querry
is: are you familiar with this product, and do you know if it is
available "raw"? I think it would lend itself to BBQ and become very
popular.

Steve

Looks like I posted to soon:
http://www.farmlandfoodservice.com/p...wild_wings.pdf

But has anyone tried smoking or grilling these, or know where to find
at retail?

I haven't even heard of these things, Steve. But I'll see if I can find out
some more info from Sysco about who might be using the product locally.
Heck, maybe they'll give me a sample to play around with.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Old 17-06-2007, 08:57 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
Looks like I posted to soon:
http://www.farmlandfoodservice.com/p...wild_wings.pdf

But has anyone tried smoking or grilling these, or know where to find
at retail?

I haven't even heard of these things, Steve. But I'll see if I can find
out some more info from Sysco about who might be using the product
locally. Heck, maybe they'll give me a sample to play around with.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

They look like the leftover bones from a pork loin after the loin portion
and tenderloin are removed. Makes for cheap meat to be sold at high prices.
Applebee's sells them or something very close to them.

Old 17-06-2007, 09:49 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
Looks like I posted to soon:
http://www.farmlandfoodservice.com/p...wild_wings.pdf

But has anyone tried smoking or grilling these, or know where to
find at retail?

I haven't even heard of these things, Steve. But I'll see if I can
find out some more info from Sysco about who might be using the
product locally. Heck, maybe they'll give me a sample to play around
with. --
Dave
www.davebbq.com

They look like the leftover bones from a pork loin after the loin
portion and tenderloin are removed. Makes for cheap meat to be sold
at high prices. Applebee's sells them or something very close to them.

Thanks, Ed. I had a thought that it might be something like that. The profit
margin for a restaurant on stuff like that is just amazing.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Ping Dave Bugg Ol' Hippie Barbecue 2 28-09-2004 11:50 PM
ping: Dave Bugg AG Barbecue 4 04-09-2004 10:24 PM
Ping: Dave Bugg JD Barbecue 23 17-08-2004 01:59 PM
Ping Dave Bugg Ol' Hippie Barbecue 2 22-06-2004 02:10 PM
Ping: Dave Bugg Harry Demidavicius Barbecue 1 19-06-2004 12:39 AM