FoodBanter.com

-   -   Ping: Dave Bugg (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/126569-ping-dave-bugg.html)

[email protected] 17-06-2007 01:31 PM

Ping: Dave Bugg

Dave, (or anyone else)

I have just discovered a product where I work called "pork wings", it
is made from the ham shank and comes pre-cooked from Sysco. My querry
is: are you familiar with this product, and do you know if it is
available "raw"? I think it would lend itself to BBQ and become very
popular.

Steve

[email protected] 17-06-2007 01:55 PM

Ping: Dave Bugg

On Jun 17, 8:31 am, wrote:
> Dave, (or anyone else)
>
> I have just discovered a product where I work called "pork wings", it
> is made from the ham shank and comes pre-cooked from Sysco. My querry
> is: are you familiar with this product, and do you know if it is
> available "raw"? I think it would lend itself to BBQ and become very
> popular.
>
> Steve

Looks like I posted to soon: http://www.farmlandfoodservice.com/p...wild_wings.pdf

But has anyone tried smoking or grilling these, or know where to find
at retail?

Steve

Dave Bugg 17-06-2007 08:10 PM

Ping: Dave Bugg

wrote:
> On Jun 17, 8:31 am, wrote:
>> Dave, (or anyone else)
>>
>> I have just discovered a product where I work called "pork wings", it
>> is made from the ham shank and comes pre-cooked from Sysco. My querry
>> is: are you familiar with this product, and do you know if it is
>> available "raw"? I think it would lend itself to BBQ and become very
>> popular.
>>
>> Steve

> Looks like I posted to soon:

http://www.farmlandfoodservice.com/p...wild_wings.pdf

> But has anyone tried smoking or grilling these, or know where to find
> at retail?

I haven't even heard of these things, Steve. But I'll see if I can find out
some more info from Sysco about who might be using the product locally.
Heck, maybe they'll give me a sample to play around with.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Edwin Pawlowski 17-06-2007 08:57 PM

Ping: Dave Bugg

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> Looks like I posted to soon:
>> http://www.farmlandfoodservice.com/p...wild_wings.pdf
>>
>> But has anyone tried smoking or grilling these, or know where to find
>> at retail?

> I haven't even heard of these things, Steve. But I'll see if I can find
> out some more info from Sysco about who might be using the product
> locally. Heck, maybe they'll give me a sample to play around with.
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

They look like the leftover bones from a pork loin after the loin portion
and tenderloin are removed. Makes for cheap meat to be sold at high prices.
Applebee's sells them or something very close to them.

Dave Bugg 17-06-2007 09:49 PM

Ping: Dave Bugg

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>>> Looks like I posted to soon:
>>> http://www.farmlandfoodservice.com/p...wild_wings.pdf
>>>
>>> But has anyone tried smoking or grilling these, or know where to
>>> find at retail?

>> I haven't even heard of these things, Steve. But I'll see if I can
>> find out some more info from Sysco about who might be using the
>> product locally. Heck, maybe they'll give me a sample to play around
>> with. --
>> Dave
>> www.davebbq.com

> They look like the leftover bones from a pork loin after the loin
> portion and tenderloin are removed. Makes for cheap meat to be sold
> at high prices. Applebee's sells them or something very close to them.

Thanks, Ed. I had a thought that it might be something like that. The profit
margin for a restaurant on stuff like that is just amazing.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com