Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Weber Smokey Mountain on sale

$199 with free shipping

http://www.amazon.com:80/exec/obidos...evirtualweberb

and $188.30 with free shipping

http://www.buy.com/prod/weber-2820-s.../90123035.html

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:
> $199 with free shipping
>
> http://www.amazon.com:80/exec/obidos...evirtualweberb
>
> and $188.30 with free shipping

http://www.buy.com/prod/weber-2820-s.../90123035.html

> BOB

Lemme tell ya folks, if you're cooking on a Brinkmann El Cheapo and you have
a couple hunnert to spare, this is *the* way to go.

Lemme give you a scenario that happened just yesterday...

I came home from work early, lit the chimney, had the burning lump in the
WSM at 10:30 a.m.

Salt, pepper and garlic powder on an otherwise naked pig part. Put it on
the WSM sans water pan at circa 10:30 a.m.
(Fat side down with no water pan)

I then ate lunch, had a wee dram of gin, told the wife BBQ was a lot of hard
work and proceeded to take a 3 hour nap.

Somewhere around 6 hours after meat was placed over coals I slid a temp
probe into it just to see...

My oh my! It felt overdone just by the ease of insertion. Temp read 200 in
the hottest parts.

I removed it (the meat from the cooker) and let it rest for over an hour.
Temp was below 160 when I tapped it. (in the house as well as in the picnic)

Bobinga woulda been proud. By not paying any attention to it at all while I
was asleep, I managed to succesfully blister the skin which was a *very*
welcome addition to the easily pulled meat.

Cooking time - 6 hours
Cooking temp - Just right (as judged by placing well trained hand on top of
cooker)

Point is, I've burned up 2 Brinkmann's. Not to mention a large portion of
my life tending to the infernal *******s. The WSM is worth whatever you
have to pay for it. I'm not affiliated with them, I just use their products
and am a believer.

If somebody gave me a lifetime supply of Brinkmann smokers, I think I'd take
one to work every day, grill hot dogs on it and leave it there.

Bluto©

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bluto wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> $199 with free shipping
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com:80/exec/obidos...evirtualweberb
>>
>> and $188.30 with free shipping
>>

> http://www.buy.com/prod/weber-2820-s.../90123035.html
>>
>> BOB

> Lemme tell ya folks, if you're cooking on a Brinkmann El Cheapo and
> you have
> a couple hunnert to spare, this is *the* way to go.

Absolutely. It's a great pit.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 7-Jun-2007, "Bluto" > wrote:

> Point is, I've burned up 2 Brinkmann's. Not to mention a large portion of
> my life tending to the infernal *******s. The WSM is worth whatever you
> have to pay for it. I'm not affiliated with them, I just use their
> products
> and am a believer.

Amen

I'd sacrifice a toe (sorry Nick!) before giving up my WSM.

I've long done away with using the waterpan, in fact i may not even have it
any more. Over Memorial Day weekend i had lit over 24 hours with one load
of charcoal.

Now if Weber could make a car think the gas mileage we would be getting...

NO CAPS to reply
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:10:54 -0400, Bluto wrote:
>
> > Lemme tell ya folks, if you're cooking on a Brinkmann El Cheapo and you

have
> > a couple hunnert to spare, this is *the* way to go.

> I gotta come clean. I'm currently using an ECB. It's a stop gap
> between my recently departed Bandera and my forthcoming WSM. The
> ECB really isn't bad if your coal placement/arrangement is done
> properly. I do a side burning Minion-like method. It's called
> the Wertz Method.

aka the Walker method.

I'm ****ed if I'm shellin' out 250 GBP for a WSM.

That's a ****-take.

My wee Char-Broil Deluxe does me just fine.

Graeme....who can easily get a 7 hour + burn in said smoker

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:10:54 -0400, Bluto wrote:
>
>> Lemme tell ya folks, if you're cooking on a Brinkmann El Cheapo and
>> you have a couple hunnert to spare, this is *the* way to go.

> I gotta come clean.

<GASP> Is he going to tell us he boils ribs?

> I'm currently using an ECB.

Whew!!! Ya had me going, Steve. :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" wrote
..

> -sw (who doesn't have anything planned for the smoker this
> weekend...yet. Mussels maybe.

> And Octopussy.)

Try to remember to take pictures. I'll try to remember, too.
Let's do our best to out-do that Scot living in London. ;-)

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

> On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 16:23:18 -0400, BOB wrote:
>
> > "Steve Wertz" wrote
> >
> > > And Octopussy.)

> > Try to remember to take pictures. I'll try to remember, too.
> > Let's do our best to out-do that Scot living in London. ;-)

> I don't think I can make mine look any better unless I can get
> that sucker to smile for the camera.
>
> -sw

;-)

Yeah, Graeme's did look pretty good. I'm going to try cherry for a redder
colour.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" > wrote:
> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:10:54 -0400, Bluto wrote:
> > [ . . . ]

> I'm ****ed if I'm shellin' out 250 GBP for a WSM.
>
> That's a ****-take.
>
> My wee Char-Broil Deluxe does me just fine.
>
> Graeme....who can easily get a 7 hour + burn in said smoker

They're £100 here. Up the Queen!

~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Graeme...in London wrote:
> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:10:54 -0400, Bluto wrote:
>>
>>> Lemme tell ya folks, if you're cooking on a Brinkmann El Cheapo and
>>> you have a couple hunnert to spare, this is *the* way to go.

>> I gotta come clean. I'm currently using an ECB. It's a stop gap
>> between my recently departed Bandera and my forthcoming WSM. The
>> ECB really isn't bad if your coal placement/arrangement is done
>> properly. I do a side burning Minion-like method. It's called
>> the Wertz Method.

> aka the Walker method.
>
> I'm ****ed if I'm shellin' out 250 GBP for a WSM.
>
> That's a ****-take.
>
> My wee Char-Broil Deluxe does me just fine.
>
> Graeme....who can easily get a 7 hour + burn in said smoker

Prolly takes you 3 of those hours to light the charcoal over there in that
soup you call air. <G>

TFM®