Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default basting bottle brush?

Does anyone know where one could buy a basting bottle brush, i.e. a brush
built into the
top of the lid of a jar or bottle? I don't mean the type that has the brush
sticking out of the
bottle but one that the brush goes inside. I have an bug problem getting
into my baste.
I keep my vinegar baste in a spray bottle which works good but I also use a
bacon fat baste
that I'm constantly trying to cover with foil or something (if the wind
isn't blowing too hard)
to keep the flies off it.
Appreciate any info or links

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

JG wrote:
> Does anyone know where one could buy a basting bottle brush, i.e. a brush
> built into the
> top of the lid of a jar or bottle? I don't mean the type that has the brush
> sticking out of the
> bottle but one that the brush goes inside. I have an bug problem getting
> into my baste.
> I keep my vinegar baste in a spray bottle which works good but I also use a
> bacon fat baste
> that I'm constantly trying to cover with foil or something (if the wind
> isn't blowing too hard)
> to keep the flies off it.
> Appreciate any info or links

Since you baste with flammables try one of those pipe glue jars. Or
maybe contact them and get a clean one if you don't like the flavor of
the old glue.
Or you can try this:

http://www.aperfectpear.net/baster.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

You can get one of these at Linens n Things

"JG" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message ...
> Does anyone know where one could buy a basting bottle brush, i.e. a brush
> built into the
> top of the lid of a jar or bottle? I don't mean the type that has the
> brush sticking out of the
> bottle but one that the brush goes inside. I have an bug problem getting
> into my baste.
> I keep my vinegar baste in a spray bottle which works good but I also use
> a bacon fat baste
> that I'm constantly trying to cover with foil or something (if the wind
> isn't blowing too hard)
> to keep the flies off it.
> Appreciate any info or links

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> JG wrote:
>> Does anyone know where one could buy a basting bottle brush, i.e. a brush
>> built into the top of the lid of a jar or bottle? Appreciate any info or
>> links

> Since you baste with flammables try one of those pipe glue jars. Or maybe
> contact them and get a clean one if you don't like the flavor of the old
> glue.
> Or you can try this:
> http://www.aperfectpear.net/baster.html

Thanks this is just what I was looking for. Since I use a side draft offset
heat smoker I don't have a problem with bacon grease flaring up, but it
shore taste good on the meat.

Pastry Brush? A.Nonny.Mouse General Cooking 46 16-12-2011 06:33 PM
who was basil brush? PeterLucas[_20_] General Cooking 4 05-11-2010 02:48 PM
makeup brush set nicebuybuy1 Baking 0 17-05-2009 04:01 AM
Basting, how much, how often and when? mikehende Barbecue 16 14-09-2005 02:34 PM
Help! Looking for a potato brush ChuckOC29 General Cooking 4 26-12-2003 02:35 AM