Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Trout Preparation

Good Day!

Can some of you folk share your favorite trout preparations?

Thank you in advance.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg Reg is offline

Anonymous wrote:

> Good Day!
>
> Can some of you folk share your favorite trout preparations?
>
> Thank you in advance.

I take a pretty simple approach. Gut and head them. Soak in a brine
of 1 C salt 1 C brown sugar and 1 gallon of water for 60-90 minutes.
Dry them off and smoke at around 180 F until they just begin to flake.

Trout is one type of fish that I prefer completely cooked. I cook
it until it's 100% opaque, which is at about 145 F internal. Contrast
that with salmon, which I finish at about 130-135 F.

--
Reg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Anonymous" > wrote in
:

> Good Day!
>
> Can some of you folk share your favorite trout preparations?

I like to clean and remove bones without skinning. Fill cavity with onion,
green pepper, and lemon juice and wrap in foil. Put over medium fire until
done. Sometimes the simple things are best.

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Anonymous" > wrote in message
> Good Day!
>
> Can some of you folk share your favorite trout preparations?
>
> Thank you in advance.

I just did some Saturday night, thanks to my neighbor that went fishing on
opening day.

A little salt and pepper in the cavity, a few slices of onion and lemon on
top, wrap in foil, grill about 10 minutes.

Low-Fat Preparation dkeroeko General Cooking 1 30-03-2009 08:12 PM
food preparation : kayal Wine 1 17-01-2008 04:13 PM
Pan-Fried Trout And Smoked Trout Ravioli Glasshousejohn Recipes (moderated) 0 14-08-2006 02:55 AM
leek preparation Stacia General Cooking 11 12-05-2006 03:31 PM
Pu-erh tea preparation Michael Plant Tea 3 03-11-2003 09:40 PM