Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Q hiring notice: okay by you folks?

wulfie junior wrote:
> We’re a bbq catering outfit looking to hire for the coming season;
> it’s a great job for university students especially. Would you folks
> consider putting a brief hiring notice up here in the group as
> reasonable etiquette or spam? (We're not trying to sell anything,
> just hoping to find a few good people.) Appreciate your comment; we’ve
> enjoyed your posts.

It wouldn't bother me at all. Perhaps some of us have kids in school
that grew up with Q.

JD

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wulfie junior > wrote:
> We’re a bbq catering outfit looking to hire for the coming season;
> it’s a great job for university students especially. Would you folks
> consider putting a brief hiring notice up here in the group as
> reasonable etiquette or spam? (We're not trying to sell anything,
> just hoping to find a few good people.) Appreciate your comment; we’ve
> enjoyed your posts.

I must say that your post, despite never having seen one from you before,
is quite polite and lacking any SPAMminess. On that basis alone, I would
not find your proposal objectionable (subject to change without notice, of
course). ;-)

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Apr 12, 11:00 pm, wulfie junior > wrote:
> We're a bbq catering outfit looking to hire for the coming season;
> it's a great job for university students especially. Would you folks
> consider putting a brief hiring notice up here in the group as
> reasonable etiquette or spam? (We're not trying to sell anything,
> just hoping to find a few good people.) Appreciate your comment; we've
> enjoyed your posts.

Thanks for asking. Where are you located? Can we do the interviews
here in the group? :-P If a kid can get through this gauntlet, he's
bulletproof.

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wulfie junior wrote:
> We’re a bbq catering outfit looking to hire for the coming season;
> it’s a great job for university students especially. Would you folks
> consider putting a brief hiring notice up here in the group as
> reasonable etiquette or spam? (We're not trying to sell anything,
> just hoping to find a few good people.) Appreciate your comment; we’ve
> enjoyed your posts.

I don't see why anyone would get cranky. It's not like
you're spamming.

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wulfie junior wrote:
> We’re a bbq catering outfit looking to hire for the coming season;
> it’s a great job for university students especially. Would you folks
> consider putting a brief hiring notice up here in the group as
> reasonable etiquette or spam? (We're not trying to sell anything,
> just hoping to find a few good people.) Appreciate your comment; we’ve
> enjoyed your posts.

I have no objection to your posting an announcement. But like Steve, I
don't think it would be terribly effective.

I used to run a bakery and found that you can train skills fairly
easily, but you have to hire "nice". People are either nice or they
aren't and no amount of training you can afford will change that. And
you want nice people representing you. Who wants to be served by a
grouch at a catered function? (Unless they are a charming and
picturesque grouch, which is even harder to hire. Such a person could
pretend to be the archetypal chuck wagon cook.)

Good luck,
Mike

--
Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
part time baker ICQ 16241692

A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
An engineer is someone who does list processing in Fortran.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:00:30 -0500, wulfie junior wrote:
>
>> We're a bbq catering outfit looking to hire for the coming season;
>> it's a great job for university students especially. Would you folks
>> consider putting a brief hiring notice up here in the group as
>> reasonable etiquette or spam? (We're not trying to sell anything,
>> just hoping to find a few good people.) Appreciate your comment;
>> we've enjoyed your posts.

> You'll probably have better success in your local Usenet groups
> and craigslist.org for jobs like that. Most of us are old farts
> and don't need or want jobs ;-)
>
> -sw

Speak for yourself ****er! I need one, just don't want one. Dammitall.

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:

>> Thanks for asking. Where are you located? Can we do the interviews
>> here in the group? :-P If a kid can get through this gauntlet, he's
>> bulletproof.

> TFM does the final exam.
>
> -denny-

Thanks, I think. Does this endorsement make me the most crotchety old
bastid in the group?

BTW, I don't think it's spam if you ask first. Spam is *unsolicited*
advertisement.

TFM®