Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default PING: Big Jim, you okay...?

Sounds like a lot of weather down your way...

Just checking to see if you weathered the storms okay...

-Chef Juke

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Big Jim, you okay...?

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Sounds like a lot of weather down your way...
>
> Just checking to see if you weathered the storms okay...
>

> -Chef Juke
>

> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

-- Yep, all the worst weather was south of me.
I got over 5" of rain from about dark till about 3 AM. Rain gauge ran
over, was empty when the rain started.
Fats and Kili were closer to it than me. But missed them too.
Thanks for axing.
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:13:26 -0500, "Big Jim" >
wrote:

>"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Sounds like a lot of weather down your way...
>>
>> Just checking to see if you weathered the storms okay...
>>

>> -Chef Juke
>>

>> -Chef Juke
>> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

>-- Yep, all the worst weather was south of me.
> I got over 5" of rain from about dark till about 3 AM. Rain gauge ran
>over, was empty when the rain started.
> Fats and Kili were closer to it than me. But missed them too.
> Thanks for axing.
>James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

>www.lazyq.com

Cool - that saved me an e-mail,

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Big Jim" wrote
> "Chef Juke" wrote...
> > Sounds like a lot of weather down your way...
> >
> > Just checking to see if you weathered the storms okay...
> >

> > -Chef Juke
> >

> > -Chef Juke
> > "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

> -- Yep, all the worst weather was south of me.
> I got over 5" of rain from about dark till about 3 AM. Rain gauge ran
> over, was empty when the rain started.
> Fats and Kili were closer to it than me. But missed them too.
> Thanks for axing.
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Jim,
Glad you dodged the bullet.
I have friends near Ocala who say they heard a tornado (well, *she* heard
it, *he* slept through)

The cooks at the Florida BBQ Association's "Grillin' & Chillin' on Main"
contest in Wauchula donated the BBQ that they had left, and I delivered 2
large coolers of cooked BBQ and a smaller cooler with raw chicken to the
Fire Department in Deland to feed victems and volunteers. There's a group
trying to take their smokers to the different effected areas, but
beaurocracy seems to be getting in the way.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

--
.. .

www.lazyq.com

> Jim,
> Glad you dodged the bullet.
> I have friends near Ocala who say they heard a tornado (well, *she* heard
> it, *he* slept through)
>
> The cooks at the Florida BBQ Association's "Grillin' & Chillin' on Main"
> contest in Wauchula donated the BBQ that they had left, and I delivered 2
> large coolers of cooked BBQ and a smaller cooler with raw chicken to the
> Fire Department in Deland to feed victems and volunteers. There's a group
> trying to take their smokers to the different effected areas, but
> beaurocracy seems to be getting in the way.
>
> BOB

Well if they can get an OK, I got a pit that can cook as much as 2 or 3 or
more regular pits I can haul down.
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

www.lazyq.com

> > Jim,
> > Glad you dodged the bullet.
> > I have friends near Ocala who say they heard a tornado (well, *she*
> > heard it, *he* slept through)
> >
> > The cooks at the Florida BBQ Association's "Grillin' & Chillin' on
> > Main" contest in Wauchula donated the BBQ that they had left, and I
> > delivered 2 large coolers of cooked BBQ and a smaller cooler with
> > raw chicken to the Fire Department in Deland to feed victems and
> > volunteers. There's a group trying to take their smokers to the
> > different effected areas, but beaurocracy seems to be getting in
> > the way. BOB
> >

> Well if they can get an OK, I got a pit that can cook as much as 2 or
> 3 or more regular pits I can haul down.
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Thanks. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.
At one checkpoint, a very young Deputy Sherriff wouldn't let the father of a
victem into the area, even with the daughter-in-law there *at the
checkpoint* because he (sherriff) couldn't call the home to ask the son if
it was OK. Hmmm??? Tornado sometimes = loss of power *AND* phone
service???????

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Sounds like a lot of weather down your way...
>>
>> Just checking to see if you weathered the storms okay...
>>

>> -Chef Juke
>>

>> -Chef Juke
>> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

>-- Yep, all the worst weather was south of me.
> I got over 5" of rain from about dark till about 3 AM. Rain gauge ran
>over, was empty when the rain started.
> Fats and Kili were closer to it than me. But missed them too.
> Thanks for axing.
>James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

>www.lazyq.com

Glad to hear everyone's all right....

Been hoping to make another trip down your way but $$ is tight right
now....hopefully later in the year...

Ping sf Janet B General Cooking 2 16-03-2015 07:05 PM
Ping: Ya BUM kilikini General Cooking 4 20-07-2007 08:33 PM
Ping sf:Where are you? Christine Dabney General Cooking 8 07-02-2007 02:53 AM
PING: ANYONE! MoM General Cooking 18 03-12-2005 02:41 PM