Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default Dry-cleaning^Wboiling an egg.

No, not boiling an egg dry --- the latest technology!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/food/Story/0,,1892504,00.html

Mr Rhymes, 23, dreamt up the Bulbed Egg Maker (BEM) while studying
project design at Bournemouth University. "I thought that boiling
an egg was rather labour intensive for the rewards you get," he
said. ...

The egg is lowered into the 30cm (12in) high glass and metal
machine, which has four halogen bulbs. In six minutes it produces
an egg with a yolk runny enough for toast soldiers. The time can be
altered for a softer or harder result.

Once the egg is done the top is cut off at a circumference of 40mm
(1.5in), which Mr Rhymes, from Chippenham, Wiltshire, has
calculated is wide enough for soldiers.

He has patented the idea and is in talks with
manufacturers. "Hopefully the machine will become a common
household item like a toaster," he said.

--
All your basement are dank!!!
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:57:56 +0100, Adam Funk >
wrote:

>No, not boiling an egg dry --- the latest technology!
>

>http://www.guardian.co.uk/food/Story/0,,1892504,00.html
>
> Mr Rhymes, 23, dreamt up the Bulbed Egg Maker (BEM) while studying
> project design at Bournemouth University. "I thought that boiling
> an egg was rather labour intensive for the rewards you get," he
> said. ...
>

> The egg is lowered into the 30cm (12in) high glass and metal
> machine, which has four halogen bulbs. In six minutes it produces
> an egg with a yolk runny enough for toast soldiers. The time can be
> altered for a softer or harder result.
>
> Once the egg is done the top is cut off at a circumference of 40mm
> (1.5in), which Mr Rhymes, from Chippenham, Wiltshire, has
> calculated is wide enough for soldiers.
>
> He has patented the idea and is in talks with
> manufacturers. "Hopefully the machine will become a common
> household item like a toaster," he said.

That seems rather capital-intensive for the rewards you get.

BW
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Adam Funk wrote:
> No, not boiling an egg dry --- the latest technology!
>

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/food/Story/0,,1892504,00.html
>
> Mr Rhymes, 23, dreamt up the Bulbed Egg Maker (BEM) while studying
> project design at Bournemouth University. "I thought that boiling
> an egg was rather labour intensive for the rewards you get," he
> said. ...
>

> The egg is lowered into the 30cm (12in) high glass and metal
> machine, which has four halogen bulbs. In six minutes it produces
> an egg with a yolk runny enough for toast soldiers. The time can be
> altered for a softer or harder result.
>
> Once the egg is done the top is cut off at a circumference of 40mm
> (1.5in), which Mr Rhymes, from Chippenham, Wiltshire, has
> calculated is wide enough for soldiers.
>
> He has patented the idea and is in talks with
> manufacturers. "Hopefully the machine will become a common
> household item like a toaster," he said.

It sounds like a solution without a problem..
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-11, Adam Funk > wrote:

> No, not boiling an egg dry --- the latest technology!

> calculated is wide enough for soldiers.

It might be an ok device if it costs less than boiling water. But,
the article indicates the device is less "labor" intensive. Cripes,
how labor intensive can boiling an egg be? You put an egg in water
and turn on the stove. "Whew! ...I'm exhausted." Anyway, the key
question is, how energy intensive is this device? Halogen bulbs
aren't exactly low wattage. In fact, most are real power suckers and
this uses 4 of them. Also, the device is 30cm high. That's one foot.
A one foot high machine to cook an egg? Hopefully, you won't need to
cook more than one at a time or you'll have to build an addition to your
kitchen to house all those BEMs.

What was infinitely more interesting to me than a foot high light bulb
egg cooker was the mention of "toast soldiers". WTF!? Google to the
rescue. Evidently, those crafty Brits, instead of cutting up toast in
a bowl and dumping a softboiled egg on it like I have ever since my
childhood, cut right to the chase and just pop off the top of a soft
boiled egg and dip their toast right into the egg while it's still in
the shell. But, since a piece of toast is bigger than a soft boiled
egg, they have to cut the toast into strips that will fit into the
egg. That strip of toast is a toast soldier. Cute, eh? It also
appears this is another excercise of herculian proportions and between
the boiling of the egg and the lifting of the cap on the egg, the poor
limeys are pretty near spent and have barely enough energy left to
even chew, let alone cut a piece of toast into strips. So, to the
rescue comes the Toast Soldier Cutting Machine. Ta-da!:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2F2222FD

So, there you have it. A ninety-gazillion watt foot high egg cooker
and a toast soldier machine to help get you out the door with enough
residual energy to make it through the day doing what Brits everywhere
do, like hefting pints and sticking wickets and all that kind of
stuff. British technology saves the day. Here's to ya', guv'ner.

nb
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:21:19 -0500, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-10-11, Adam Funk > wrote:
>
>> No, not boiling an egg dry --- the latest technology!

>> calculated is wide enough for soldiers.

>It might be an ok device if it costs less than boiling water. But,
>the article indicates the device is less "labor" intensive. Cripes,
>how labor intensive can boiling an egg be? You put an egg in water
>and turn on the stove. "Whew! ...I'm exhausted." Anyway, the key
>question is, how energy intensive is this device? Halogen bulbs
>aren't exactly low wattage. In fact, most are real power suckers and
>this uses 4 of them. Also, the device is 30cm high. That's one foot.
>A one foot high machine to cook an egg? Hopefully, you won't need to
>cook more than one at a time or you'll have to build an addition to your
>kitchen to house all those BEMs.
>
>What was infinitely more interesting to me than a foot high light bulb
>egg cooker was the mention of "toast soldiers". WTF!? Google to the
>rescue. Evidently, those crafty Brits, instead of cutting up toast in
>a bowl and dumping a softboiled egg on it like I have ever since my
>childhood, cut right to the chase and just pop off the top of a soft
>boiled egg and dip their toast right into the egg while it's still in
>the shell. But, since a piece of toast is bigger than a soft boiled
>egg, they have to cut the toast into strips that will fit into the
>egg. That strip of toast is a toast soldier. Cute, eh? It also
>appears this is another excercise of herculian proportions and between
>the boiling of the egg and the lifting of the cap on the egg, the poor
>limeys are pretty near spent and have barely enough energy left to
>even chew, let alone cut a piece of toast into strips. So, to the
>rescue comes the Toast Soldier Cutting Machine. Ta-da!:
>
>http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2F2222FD
>
>So, there you have it. A ninety-gazillion watt foot high egg cooker
>and a toast soldier machine to help get you out the door with enough
>residual energy to make it through the day doing what Brits everywhere
>do, like hefting pints and sticking wickets and all that kind of
>stuff. British technology saves the day. Here's to ya', guv'ner.

It's probably just part of the next Wallace & Gromit movie.

BW
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Kontext-Away looks up from Vonnegut's "Breakfast of Champions" to see
that Adam Funk wrote:

> (1.5in), which Mr Rhymes, from Chippenham, Wiltshire, has
> calculated is wide enough for soldiers.

Suffering severe shrinkage, Kontext-Away fiddles nervously with the toast
on its plate, glad never to have been drafted into the army.

¬R
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:
> Kontext-Away looks up from Vonnegut's "Breakfast of Champions" to see
> that Adam Funk wrote:
>
> > (1.5in), which Mr Rhymes, from Chippenham, Wiltshire, has
> > calculated is wide enough for soldiers.

> Suffering severe shrinkage, Kontext-Away fiddles nervously with the toast
> on its plate, glad never to have been drafted into the army.
>
> ¬R

Theres no way out of here, when you come in you're in for good.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

notbob > wrote:
>So, there you have it. A ninety-gazillion watt foot high egg cooker
>and a toast soldier machine to help get you out the door with enough
>residual energy to make it through the day doing what Brits everywhere
>do, like hefting pints and sticking wickets and all that kind of
>stuff. British technology saves the day. Here's to ya', guv'ner.

If you want to get Kibo's attention, you have to call it by its real name,
the EZ-Bake Oven 2006!!1! .

Dave "no, I don't know why it has the explanation points" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Adam Funk > wrote:
> machine, which has four halogen bulbs. In six minutes it produces
> an egg with a yolk runny enough for toast soldiers. The time can be

6 minutes for a 3-minute egg?

BRILLIANT!

--Blair
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue
adm adm is offline

"notbob" > wrote in message
. ..

> What was infinitely more interesting to me than a foot high light bulb
> egg cooker was the mention of "toast soldiers". WTF!? Google to the
> rescue. Evidently, those crafty Brits, instead of cutting up toast in
> a bowl and dumping a softboiled egg on it like I have ever since my
> childhood,

That's what we do for our very small children before they are old enough ( 1
or so) to dip their toast soldiers into the egg.

>cut right to the chase and just pop off the top of a soft
> boiled egg and dip their toast right into the egg while it's still in
> the shell.

The egg is a perfect container, see.....why bother with messing a plate up
with egg debris ?

> But, since a piece of toast is bigger than a soft boiled
> egg, they have to cut the toast into strips that will fit into the
> egg. That strip of toast is a toast soldier. Cute, eh? It also
> appears this is another excercise of herculian proportions

Well, that all depends on your definition of herculean. To my mind, using
the same knife you've just buttered your toast with to slice it into a few
strips take all of about three seconds. Of course, cutting your toast up and
putting it into your baby bowl, then washing that up afterwards takes a bit
more effort.

> and between
> the boiling of the egg and the lifting of the cap on the egg,

It's another three second job - bash the top of the egg with a spoon then
scoop it off. We've all practised this since we could hold a spoon.

> the poor
> limeys are pretty near spent and have barely enough energy left to
> even chew, let alone cut a piece of toast into strips. So, to the
> rescue comes the Toast Soldier Cutting Machine. Ta-da!:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2F2222FD

Sounds like another solution without a problem.

> So, there you have it. A ninety-gazillion watt foot high egg cooker
> and a toast soldier machine to help get you out the door with enough
> residual energy to make it through the day doing what Brits everywhere
> do, like hefting pints and sticking wickets and all that kind of
> stuff. British technology saves the day. Here's to ya', guv'ner.

I predict it will sell about.....hmmm......zero units.

BTW - the way to really save labour if you so wish is just to drop the egg
into your kettle while you boil it while you're making a cup of tea

But all energy saved for lifting pints is welcome of course.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:01:33 +0100, "adm" > wrote:

>"notbob" > wrote in message
>>
>> What was infinitely more interesting to me than a foot high light bulb
>> egg cooker was the mention of "toast soldiers". WTF!? Google to the
>> rescue. Evidently, those crafty Brits, instead of cutting up toast in
>> a bowl and dumping a softboiled egg on it like I have ever since my
>> childhood,

>That's what we do for our very small children before they are old enough ( 1
>or so) to dip their toast soldiers into the egg.
>
>>cut right to the chase and just pop off the top of a soft
>> boiled egg and dip their toast right into the egg while it's still in
>> the shell.

>The egg is a perfect container, see.....why bother with messing a plate up
>with egg debris ?
>
>> But, since a piece of toast is bigger than a soft boiled
>> egg, they have to cut the toast into strips that will fit into the
>> egg. That strip of toast is a toast soldier. Cute, eh? It also
>> appears this is another excercise of herculian proportions

>Well, that all depends on your definition of herculean. To my mind, using
>the same knife you've just buttered your toast with to slice it into a few
>strips take all of about three seconds. Of course, cutting your toast up and
>putting it into your baby bowl, then washing that up afterwards takes a bit
>more effort.

And just dipping the corner of a diagonally sliced piece of toast is
even easier than cutting it up. I never understood why anyone would
bother to do that, when diagonally sliced toast can easily be dipped
into an egg sitting in an egg cup. Or just tearing off a piece of
toast as you go. Is it that important to have neat little strips?

BW
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

> wrote

> And just dipping the corner of a diagonally sliced piece of toast is
> even easier than cutting it up. I never understood why anyone would
> bother to do that, when diagonally sliced toast can easily be dipped
> into an egg sitting in an egg cup. Or just tearing off a piece of
> toast as you go. Is it that important to have neat little strips?

Anal retentive? English? Nah, never...

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

notbob wrote:
> question of how one gets all that egg out.

I've had no trouble since I was 4 or 5 years old.

Using a knife or a spoon, decapitate the egg. Rap it firmly, far enough
down the egg that you can get your teaspoon into the egg at that point.

Take off the top.

Use your spoon to get the goodies out of the top of the egg you removed.

Dip your toast into the egg yolk, if that's your custom.

Use the spoon to scoop put the rest of the egg. I've never had trouble
getting the spoon to scrape between the shell and the white.

It's not rocket science... do we need to post a video on utube on "how
to eat a soft boiled egg"?

Mike

--
....The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world...

Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
part time baker ICQ 16241692
networking guru AIM, yahoo and skype mavery81230
wordsmith

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mike Avery wrote:

> It's not rocket science... do we need to post a video on utube on "how
> to eat a soft boiled egg"?

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
Looks like they need one too.

Oh my.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNndX9qua1o
be afraid.. be very very afraid.

--
DougW

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-13 15:01:33 -0500, "adm" > said:

> "notbob" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> What was infinitely more interesting to me than a foot high light bulb
>> egg cooker was the mention of "toast soldiers". WTF!? Google to the
>> rescue. Evidently, those crafty Brits, instead of cutting up toast in
>> a bowl and dumping a softboiled egg on it like I have ever since my
>> childhood,

> That's what we do for our very small children before they are old
> enough ( 1 or so) to dip their toast soldiers into the egg.

You feed a one-year-old child raw egg yolk?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hal Burton wrote:
> On 2006-10-13 15:01:33 -0500, "adm" > said:
>

>> "notbob" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>
>>> What was infinitely more interesting to me than a foot high light bulb
>>> egg cooker was the mention of "toast soldiers". WTF!? Google to the
>>> rescue. Evidently, those crafty Brits, instead of cutting up toast in
>>> a bowl and dumping a softboiled egg on it like I have ever since my
>>> childhood,
>>>

>> That's what we do for our very small children before they are old
>> enough ( 1 or so) to dip their toast soldiers into the egg.
>>

> You feed a one-year-old child raw egg yolk?

And, if the poster was from the U.K., chances are very good that they
are feeding the child eggs that have never been refrigerated.

--
....The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world...

Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
part time baker ICQ 16241692
networking guru AIM, yahoo and skype mavery81230
wordsmith

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:30:03 -0500, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-10-13, > wrote:
>
>> bother to do that, when diagonally sliced toast can easily be dipped
>> into an egg sitting in an egg cup.

>Actually, it seems like a pretty good idea and soft boiled eggs are a
>favorite of mine. But, it does beg the question

Uh, no, it doesn't.

BW
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-13, Kevin S Wilson > wrote:

> Um, no, it doesn't. Now go google that phrase or you'll soon be
> sitting in the corner.

Here's one:

"In logic, begging the question is the term for a type of fallacy
occurring in deductive reasoning in which the proposition to be proved
is assumed implicitly or explicitly in one of the premises."

A buncha anal double-speak if I've ever heard it. But (butt?), for
you pretentious gits, I'll rephrase to "I humbly submit". Anyone up
to answering my question rather than trying to start ****** word wars?

nb
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:33:01 -0500, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-10-13, Kevin S Wilson > wrote:
>
>> Um, no, it doesn't. Now go google that phrase or you'll soon be
>> sitting in the corner.

>Here's one:
>
>"In logic, begging the question is the term for a type of fallacy
>occurring in deductive reasoning in which the proposition to be proved
>is assumed implicitly or explicitly in one of the premises."
>
>A buncha anal double-speak if I've ever heard it.

In other words, you can't reason your way through the definition.

But aside from that, what do *you* think "begs the question" means, as
distinct from "raises the question"?

BW
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-14, Marc Goodman > wrote:

> I'll be glad to answer the question. What was it again?

Are the weedy clots from ark the biggest buncha wets crossposting on
usenet!?

nb

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue,alt.elvis.king

notbob wrote:
> On 2006-10-14, Marc Goodman > wrote:
>

>>I'll be glad to answer the question. What was it again?

> Are the weedy clots from ark the biggest buncha wets crossposting on
> usenet!?
>
> nb

Possibly, but have you visited alt.elvis.king recently?

HTH, HAND, WTF
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue,alt.elvis.king

On 2006-10-14, Marc Goodman > wrote:

> Possibly, but have you visited alt.elvis.king recently?

LOL... No, but it's bound to be a hoot, if the name is any indicator.

nb
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

notbob wrote:
> A buncha anal double-speak if I've ever heard it. But (butt?), for
> you pretentious gits, I'll rephrase to "I humbly submit". Anyone up
> to answering my question rather than trying to start ****** word wars?

Others might be playing word games, or insisting on proper usage, but
you seem to enjoy baiting others more than actually seeking an answer.

Your question was answered quite some time ago.

Mike
--

....The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world...

Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
part time baker ICQ 16241692
networking guru AIM, yahoo and skype mavery81230
wordsmith

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

notbob > wrote:
>Marc Goodman > wrote:
>> I'll be glad to answer the question. What was it again?

>Are the weedy clots from ark the biggest buncha wets crossposting on usenet!?

Nope. There's always rec.orge.mensa, alt. ... no, wait, that one's in the
headers ... and the various NetLoons on the religion and politics groups.

Wait, Marc was supposed to answer. Sorry, I'll come in again.

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue,alt.elvis.king

notbob wrote:
|| On 2006-10-14, Marc Goodman > wrote:
||| Possibly, but have you visited alt.elvis.king recently?
|| LOL... No, but it's bound to be a hoot, if the name is any
|| indicator.
|| nb

That's some name you got there notbob, people will think its me acting the
nutball.

Old Yella

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:10:01 -0500, notbob wrote:

>On 2006-10-14, Marc Goodman > wrote:
>
>> I'll be glad to answer the question. What was it again?

>Are the weedy clots from ark the biggest buncha wets crossposting on
>usenet!?

Never read alt.food.barbecue before, have you? That's where this
Goodman character posts from.

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-14, Marc Goodman > wrote:

> I'll be glad to answer the question. What was it again?

Are you begging for the question?

--
And on special dank midnights in August he peeks
out of the shutters and sometimes he speaks
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue
adm adm is offline

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:01:33 +0100, "adm" > wrote:
>

>>"notbob" > wrote in message
m...

>>> What was infinitely more interesting to me than a foot high light bulb
>>> egg cooker was the mention of "toast soldiers". WTF!? Google to the
>>> rescue. Evidently, those crafty Brits, instead of cutting up toast in
>>> a bowl and dumping a softboiled egg on it like I have ever since my
>>> childhood,

>>That's what we do for our very small children before they are old enough
>>( 1
>>or so) to dip their toast soldiers into the egg.
>>
>>>cut right to the chase and just pop off the top of a soft
>>> boiled egg and dip their toast right into the egg while it's still in
>>> the shell.

>>The egg is a perfect container, see.....why bother with messing a plate up
>>with egg debris ?
>>
>>> But, since a piece of toast is bigger than a soft boiled
>>> egg, they have to cut the toast into strips that will fit into the
>>> egg. That strip of toast is a toast soldier. Cute, eh? It also
>>> appears this is another excercise of herculian proportions

>>Well, that all depends on your definition of herculean. To my mind, using
>>the same knife you've just buttered your toast with to slice it into a few
>>strips take all of about three seconds. Of course, cutting your toast up
>>and
>>putting it into your baby bowl, then washing that up afterwards takes a
>>bit
>>more effort.

> And just dipping the corner of a diagonally sliced piece of toast is
> even easier than cutting it up. I never understood why anyone would
> bother to do that, when diagonally sliced toast can easily be dipped
> into an egg sitting in an egg cup. Or just tearing off a piece of
> toast as you go. Is it that important to have neat little strips?

It is for kids - which is basically who toast soldiers are for. You get to
do all the actions and soldier songs as you get your kids into eating eggs.
It's all good.

Adults, on the other hand tend to just do as you say - bit it as you go so
you always have a spear point that will fit into the egg.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue
adm adm is offline

"Hal Burton" > wrote in message
> On 2006-10-13 15:01:33 -0500, "adm" > said:
>

>> "notbob" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>>
>>> What was infinitely more interesting to me than a foot high light bulb
>>> egg cooker was the mention of "toast soldiers". WTF!? Google to the
>>> rescue. Evidently, those crafty Brits, instead of cutting up toast in
>>> a bowl and dumping a softboiled egg on it like I have ever since my
>>> childhood,

>> That's what we do for our very small children before they are old enough
>> ( 1 or so) to dip their toast soldiers into the egg.

> You feed a one-year-old child raw egg yolk?

Well, we normally boil the egg for 3-4 minutes, which kind of means it's not
raw.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
adm adm is offline

"Mike Avery" > wrote in message
news:mailman.26.1160786212.90136.alt.food.barbecue @mail.otherwhen.com...
> Hal Burton wrote:
>> On 2006-10-13 15:01:33 -0500, "adm" > said:
>>

>>> "notbob" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> That's what we do for our very small children before they are old enough
>>> ( 1 or so) to dip their toast soldiers into the egg.
>>>

>> You feed a one-year-old child raw egg yolk?
>>

> And, if the poster was from the U.K., chances are very good that they are
> feeding the child eggs that have never been refrigerated.

I am from the UK.

I own chickens.

My family and I eat fresh eggs daily.

Are they normally refrigerated inside american chickens ? Should I be
refrigerating my chickens? I don't think it would work.

I'd say that a few hundred thousand years of eating fresh eggs has pretty
much proven them as a reliable food source for humans and animals. I'm
sorry, but I can't vouch for the integrity of your supply chain. Mine goes:
hen-->table. Yours probably has three or four stops at least through
farmers, distribution centres, retailers etc...

What's your point ?

Guess what? I also feed my children fresh vegetables from our fields, plus
meat (mainly organic) from chickens, pigs and cattle grown by our family or
close friends.

What's your point ?

Describe to me the details and origin of the entire supply chain of the food
you put on your family's table and exactly how it is better than mine or
shut the **** up.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-14, adm > wrote:

> Just use a teaspoon. Adults will dig entire parts of the egg out - white and
> yolk, while kids will normally just eat the yolk.

Thank you, adm. I suspected as much.

nb
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
adm adm is offline

"adm" > wrote in message

> "Mike Avery" > wrote in message
>>>

>> And, if the poster was from the U.K., chances are very good that they are
>> feeding the child eggs that have never been refrigerated.

One other comment that I couldn't resist on the somewhat dumb post above.

We do have refrigerators in the UK(and the rest of Europe). We also have
electricity, jet aircraft, telephones (both fixed and mobile), genetic
engineering and quantum physics.

Here's a link to history of the fridge for you just so you can figure it out
for yourself. Of course, we also have some rather cold weather and the
preserving properties of low temperatures have been known for a while.

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/in...s/story057.htm

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

adm wrote:

> Guess what? I also feed my children fresh vegetables from our fields, plus
> meat (mainly organic) from chickens, pigs and cattle grown by our family or
> close friends.

Few things are better than a tomato picked right off the vine, with a
sprinkle of salt. Just let the juice drip off your chin.

--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
adm adm is offline

"Nonnymus" > wrote in message

> adm wrote:
>

>> Guess what? I also feed my children fresh vegetables from our fields,
>> plus meat (mainly organic) from chickens, pigs and cattle grown by our
>> family or close friends.

> Few things are better than a tomato picked right off the vine, with a
> sprinkle of salt. Just let the juice drip off your chin.

You've got that right. Although I like some fresh coarse ground black pepper
with that too. And my favourite Sel de Guerande salt (of which I have sung
the praises here before)

Right now it's autumn here so this year's tomatoes are done - we're working
out way through (literally) tons of apples, pears, quinces (look it up),
plums and other tree fruits right now. Once it gets to be winter, we trim
the trees and get next year's smoking wood :-) Next year, I want to get a
fruit press so I can make some good cider. This year, it's apple pie, apple
crumble, apple sauce, quince jelly, etc...

By the way - just finished three superb ribeyes from beef (organic) raised
by our friends about a mile away. Hung until black, then grilled over oak
logs. A little S&P, EVOO and some TLC... (I also have a 14lb brisket in the
freezer that will get smoke over oak and apple in the WSM next week.)

Home made fries and fresh salad.

Can't beat it.

Especially as I'm just finishing off the last of an '87 Martinez Bujanda
Grande Riserva Rioja that went particularly well.....

I hope you're having as much fun as I am.

cleaning Somebody General Cooking 6 05-10-2012 08:37 PM
Dry-cleaning^Wboiling an egg. Adam Funk General Cooking 67 07-01-2009 03:35 AM
Used cleaning product in self-cleaning oven - now what? Peter Lampione General Cooking 26 25-01-2007 02:41 PM
Cleaning the mop. [email protected] General Cooking 19 19-02-2005 02:16 AM
Cleaning a self-cleaning oven limey General Cooking 18 27-10-2003 05:54 AM