Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue
adm adm is offline

Default Dry-cleaning^Wboiling an egg.

"notbob" > wrote in message
. ..
> On 2006-10-14, adm > wrote:
>
>> Just use a teaspoon. Adults will dig entire parts of the egg out - white
>> and
>> yolk, while kids will normally just eat the yolk.

> Thank you, adm. I suspected as much.

nb, I presume this is the normal way of eating a softboiled egg in most
parts of the world.

us limeys, although imagined to be soft and foppish are in fact a hardy and
pragmatic people!

Cheers,

adm

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

notbob wrote:
> Adam Funk wrote:
>
> > No, not boiling an egg dry --- the latest technology!

> > calculated is wide enough for soldiers.

> It might be an ok device if it costs less than boiling water. But,
> the article indicates the device is less "labor" intensive. Cripes,
> how labor intensive can boiling an egg be? You put an egg in water
> and turn on the stove. "Whew! ...I'm exhausted." Anyway, the key
> question is, how energy intensive is this device? Halogen bulbs
> aren't exactly low wattage. In fact, most are real power suckers and
> this uses 4 of them.

Halogen bulbs are also relatively costly and don't have a very long
life... I have two desk lamps, each contains a halogen bulb, each bulb
costs like $12 and has a useful life of maybe 300 hours. I rarely use
these lamps and when I do I try to remember to turn them off as soon as
I'm done with them... they're very good for a spot of intensely bright
light, excellent for close fine work, like removing a splinter. If
you're not frugal with their use the 300 hours use can accumulate
rather quickly... it hurts to shell out that kind of cash for such a
puny bulb that I can really live without. So like I said, I use those
exclusively for close fine work, good for threading a needle and fine
sewing, excellent for cleaning out pupik lint from your mouse.

I haven't actually seen one but from the description this egg cooker
thingie sure sounds like a contraption that nobody needs.

Sheldon

> Also, the device is 30cm high. That's one foot.
> A one foot high machine to cook an egg? Hopefully, you won't need to
> cook more than one at a time or you'll have to build an addition to your
> kitchen to house all those BEMs.
>
> What was infinitely more interesting to me than a foot high light bulb
> egg cooker was the mention of "toast soldiers". WTF!? Google to the
> rescue. Evidently, those crafty Brits, instead of cutting up toast in
> a bowl and dumping a softboiled egg on it like I have ever since my
> childhood, cut right to the chase and just pop off the top of a soft
> boiled egg and dip their toast right into the egg while it's still in
> the shell. But, since a piece of toast is bigger than a soft boiled
> egg, they have to cut the toast into strips that will fit into the
> egg. That strip of toast is a toast soldier. Cute, eh? It also
> appears this is another excercise of herculian proportions and between
> the boiling of the egg and the lifting of the cap on the egg, the poor
> limeys are pretty near spent and have barely enough energy left to
> even chew, let alone cut a piece of toast into strips. So, to the
> rescue comes the Toast Soldier Cutting Machine. Ta-da!:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2F2222FD
>
> So, there you have it. A ninety-gazillion watt foot high egg cooker
> and a toast soldier machine to help get you out the door with enough
> residual energy to make it through the day doing what Brits everywhere
> do, like hefting pints and sticking wickets and all that kind of
> stuff. British technology saves the day. Here's to ya', guv'ner.
>
> nb

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

adm wrote:
> What's your point ?
> Describe to me the details and origin of the entire supply chain of the food
> you put on your family's table and exactly how it is better than mine or
> shut the **** up.

Offense is like poison, it only does harm if taken. You are too ready
to take offense. And as a result, you over react when no offense was
intended.

And then you add fuel to the fire with offensive language.

Now then, since you've asked nicely, I'll explain my comment about the
unrefrigerated eggs. And I hope you will learn to ask questions before
spewing obscenities next time.

A year or two ago we were swapping some recipes in another usenet
forum. One less prone to flame wars and casual rudeness. And I
mentioned an episode of the detective television show "Nero Wolfe" where
he and his assistant Archie were hiding in one of Archie's lady friends
homes. In return for hiding them, Nero (a gourmand) offered to cook the
lady scrambled eggs for breakfast, opining that she did not know the
proper way to cook them. He asked her for 40 minutes notice before
breakfast. She was incredulous. He cackled something to the effect of,
"I KNEW you didn't know the proper way to cook scrambled eggs!"

I did some research and found a recipe like the one he was using and
shared it with the group. The eggs are cooked slowly in a double
boiler. It takes about 20 minutes and delivers a richer, eggier taste
than frying them. The other 20 minutes? Letting the eggs come to room
temperature.

The prompted a question from one of the polite residents of the British
Isles as to why the eggs weren't already at room temperature. It took
about a week to sort out that in the USA eggs are ALWAYS refrigerated,
from egg to consumer and in the consumer's home... up to the minute they
are cooked. And that in the U.K, refrigerated eggs are all but unheard
of. "Eggs at the store are stamped with the date they are laid, so I
know how fresh they are, and refrigerating eggs absolutely ruins them"
explained one of the British regulars in the newsgroup. Americans
were... dumbfounded. They couldn't believe it, because Americans have
been told that eggs are dangerous, full of dangerous microorganisms that
will breed and ruin the eggs if the eggs aren't refrigerated. The idea
of unrefrigerated eggs was greeted with the same level of acceptance as
the idea of drinking raw sewage as a health drink. This is perhaps in
part because the supply chain from hen to kitchen is best measured in
months in most of the USA. Egg production is largely centralized,
leading to delays through various levels of transportation and wholesalers.

I've tried since to get some friends who raise chickens to let me have
some raw eggs... and they just couldn't bring themselves to do it. In
their eyes, it was WRONG.

I was trying to tweak some of the Americans in the forum. I had no idea
that a rude Brit with a hair trigger would explode.

Years before that, in another forum.... an American woman was relating a
story about when she was living on the eastern seaboard of the USA. Her
husband was in the merchant marines. Her neighbor was an Australian
whose husband was also in the merchant marines. As a result, they spent
months at a time without their husbands. So, they became friends. And
then they became best of friends, all but inseparable. And they
decided, since they were both into food, to prepare for each other
typical meals of their homeland. The American woman went first. She
started with a nice salad and a harvest vegetable soup. For the next
course, she brought out a Smithfield ham. She brought the next course
out, and the Australian woman took one look at it and left. She
wouldn't even talk to her American friend.

The American lady was distraught. We all lose friends, but she had NO
IDEA what had happened. They were good enough friends almost anything
should be forgivable. The Australian totally snubbed the American.
Finally, the American burst into the Australian's house in tears and
said, "I know I must have hurt you terribly, but I don't know what I
did. Losing you as a friend is one of the worst things that has ever
happened - but now knowing WHY is just intolerable. If you'll at least
tell me what I did, maybe I can come to terms with it. Please, if you
never speak another word to me, at least tell me what I did."

The Australian woman all but spat the words, "YOU SERVED ME *ANIMAL FOOD*!"

The American woman just couldn't believe it. "I didn't. All I brought
out was the ham and freshly steamed corn on the cob.'

"ANIMAL FOOD!"

It seems that in Australia corn is animal fodder. And to serve animal
fodder to a person is a grievous insult. However, in the USA, fresh
corn on the cob (a different variety than is fed to animals) is
considered a great delicacy. The poor man's asparagus if you will.

It took some talking to pour oil on the waters. And I don't know if the
Aussie every actually tried the corn. Her loss if not.

But the point of the stories is.... ask questions before becoming rude.
There's always time for rudeness later if you think rudeness ever solved
anything... a thesis I can not agree with.

Mike

--
....The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world...

Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
part time baker ICQ 16241692
networking guru AIM, yahoo and skype mavery81230
wordsmith

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
adm adm is offline

"Mike Avery" > wrote in message
news:mailman.3.1160880041.62438.alt.food.barbecue@ mail.otherwhen.com...
> adm wrote:
>> What's your point ?
>> Describe to me the details and origin of the entire supply chain of the
>> food you put on your family's table and exactly how it is better than
>> mine or shut the **** up.

> Offense is like poison, it only does harm if taken. You are too ready to
> take offense. And as a result, you over react when no offense was
> intended.

Fair enough, Mike - although your original post came across to me as a quick
jibe about Brits, rather than a tweak to Americans. I apologise if I didn't
take it in the spirit it was intended and resorted to rudeness in error. I
lived in the US for a year when I was younger, and one time I went to a
friend's family's house for dinner. His sister asked me if I would like some
more milk to which I replied that I would. She asked me to get it from the
fridge, and told me in all seriousness "That's the big white thing in the
corner of the room. It's for keeping food cold." She really thought us Brits
didnt have domestic appliances and pretty much all lived in thatched
cottages with no electricity or running water.

In any case, your points below are valid - and in my opinion, eggs shouldn't
be refrigerated as it does impact the taste. As posted, I get mine from my
garden, but store bought eggs are individually date stamped and are not
chilled either.

My recipe for scrambled egg takes about 20 mins too. I don't use a double
boiler, just a good heavy cast iron saucepan, but the secret to perfect
scrambled eggs in my opinion is to cook them absolutely as slowly as
possible. Have the heat on as low as it will possibly go and stir
continuously, then take them off the heat a few minutes before they are
properly done as they will continue to cook. Fresh eggs, fresh full fat
milk, good salted butter, S&P....

As for the corn, good grilled corn is one of my favourites and always gets
cooked alongside ribs or ham in our house. However the French also consider
it animal food. Just goes to show - different things offend different people
for different reasons.

> [...]
> fodder to a person is a grievous insult. However, in the USA, fresh corn
> on the cob (a different variety than is fed to animals) is considered a
> great delicacy. The poor man's asparagus if you will.
>
> It took some talking to pour oil on the waters. And I don't know if the
> Aussie every actually tried the corn. Her loss if not.
>
> But the point of the stories is.... ask questions before becoming rude.
> There's always time for rudeness later if you think rudeness ever solved
> anything... a thesis I can not agree with.
>
> Mike
>
> --
> ...The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
> system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world...
>
> Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
> part time baker ICQ 16241692
> networking guru AIM, yahoo and skype mavery81230

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 20:47:22 -0600, Mike Avery
> > wrote:
>

>> And I
>> mentioned an episode of the detective television show "Nero Wolfe" where
>> he and his assistant Archie were hiding in one of Archie's lady friends
>> homes. In return for hiding them, Nero (a gourmand) offered to cook the
>> lady scrambled eggs for breakfast, opining that she did not know the
>> proper way to cook them. He asked her for 40 minutes notice before
>> breakfast. She was incredulous. He cackled something to the effect of,
>> "I KNEW you didn't know the proper way to cook scrambled eggs!"
>>

> This was, by the way, directly from Rex Stout's novel--I forget
> exactly which. A couple points: the lady wasn't one of Archie's--she
> was the client. Another--NW *never* 'cackled'. Also--Nero Wolfe
> wasn't a gourmand--he was a gourmet. *large* difference.
> (gourmet is devoted to the exceptionally good; gourmand to
> excess--Wolfe was even rather gourmet-ish in his books, language, and
> wrt his orchids)

Hmmm... it's been a while since I saw that episode. I thought she was
one of Archie's lady friends.

Perhaps he ejaculated with the joy of having been proven right.

As to gourmet/gourmand, with him it would be hard to draw the line. His
corpulence suggests that there were certainly gourmand recipes. Many,
if not most, gourmets are happy with small amounts, tastes. Nero Wolfe
went well beyond that, and certainly did in the television portrayal.

Mike

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-14 15:31:35 -0500, "adm" > said:

> "Mike Avery" > wrote in message
> news:mailman.26.1160786212.90136.alt.food.barbecue @mail.otherwhen.com...
>> Hal Burton wrote:

>>> You feed a one-year-old child raw egg yolk?
>>>

>> And, if the poster was from the U.K., chances are very good that they
>> are feeding the child eggs that have never been refrigerated.

> I am from the UK.
>
> I own chickens.
>
> My family and I eat fresh eggs daily.
>
> Are they normally refrigerated inside american chickens ? Should I be
> refrigerating my chickens? I don't think it would work.
>
> I'd say that a few hundred thousand years of eating fresh eggs has
> pretty much proven them as a reliable food source for humans and
> animals. I'm sorry, but I can't vouch for the integrity of your supply
> chain. Mine goes: hen-->table. Yours probably has three or four stops
> at least through farmers, distribution centres, retailers etc...
>
> What's your point ?
>
> Guess what? I also feed my children fresh vegetables from our fields,
> plus meat (mainly organic) from chickens, pigs and cattle grown by our
> family or close friends.
>
> What's your point ?
>
> Describe to me the details and origin of the entire supply chain of the
> food you put on your family's table and exactly how it is better than
> mine or shut the **** up.

No need to get so defensive. If you know your eggs are safe, then
that's wonderful. Most people don't have that luxury.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"notbob" > wrote

> > I'll be glad to answer the question. What was it again?

> Are the weedy clots from ark the biggest buncha wets crossposting on
> usenet!?

Can you rephrase that in English, please? I don't speak the
Austrian dialect.

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-15, Otto Bahn > wrote:

> Can you rephrase that in English, please? I don't speak the
> Austrian dialect.

Are you suggesting Nigel Molesworth is Australian, you roter!?

nb
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"notbob" > wrote

> > Can you rephrase that in English, please? I don't speak the
> > Austrian dialect.

> Are you suggesting Nigel Molesworth is Australian, you roter!?

No. Why would you think that?

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-14, Sheldon > wrote:

> Halogen bulbs are also relatively costly and don't have a very long
> life... I have two desk lamps, each contains a halogen bulb, each bulb
> costs like $12 and has a useful life of maybe 300 hours.

I agree. Another reason I won't buy fixtures that use halogen lamps
is that they always have warnings about fire hazards (do not use this
product near curtains).

> I haven't actually seen one but from the description this egg cooker
> thingie sure sounds like a contraption that nobody needs.

I certainly didn't post the article because *I'd* buy the product.

Although --- for research purposes, you understand --- I would of
course to try it at someone else's house and expense.

Speaking of egg-related gadgetry, I just remembered the TV ads years
ago for the Ronco inside-the-egg egg-scrambler --- has anyone here
ever bought, seen or used one?

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"Adam Funk" > wrote in message
> On 2006-10-14, Sheldon > wrote:
>
> > Halogen bulbs are also relatively costly and don't have a very long
> > life... I have two desk lamps, each contains a halogen bulb, each bulb
> > costs like $12 and has a useful life of maybe 300 hours.

> I agree. Another reason I won't buy fixtures that use halogen lamps
> is that they always have warnings about fire hazards (do not use this
> product near curtains).
>

> > I haven't actually seen one but from the description this egg cooker
> > thingie sure sounds like a contraption that nobody needs.

> I certainly didn't post the article because *I'd* buy the product.
>
> Although --- for research purposes, you understand --- I would of
> course to try it at someone else's house and expense.
>

> Speaking of egg-related gadgetry, I just remembered the TV ads years
> ago for the Ronco inside-the-egg egg-scrambler --- has anyone here
> ever bought, seen or used one?

I actually have one. Used to use it to produce scrambled / boiled eggs back
in the Atkins days. Works pretty good too.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-16, Adam Funk > wrote:

> Speaking of egg-related gadgetry, I just remembered the TV ads years
> ago for the Ronco inside-the-egg egg-scrambler --- has anyone here
> ever bought, seen or used one?

Not me.

But, I do remember back in the mid 70's staying with some friends who
had a great little electric egg poacher. It was a Rival or Daisy or
some such common brand and poached 4 eggs to in just 3-4 mins. You
put the eggs in their little cups, similar ot the old stove-top
pan-full-of-water poachers, and added a couple ozs of water to a
little reservoir in the middle of the cooker. Put the lid on, switch
on, eggs poach and unit turns itself off. Water is gone, eggs are
perfect. It could hard or soft boil and the cups could be removed for
cleaning so the unit never required immersion on water.

Evidently, similar appliances are still available to cook eggs both in
and out of the shell. Unfortunately, they all seemed to be designed
to look like some sort of giant egg or pregnant mother ship or other
ridiculously oversized lump. The poacher my friends had was only 7-8"
dia and 5-6" tall with lid on. It could easily be stored in any
cupboard or drawer.

nb
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 22:06:01 +0100, "adm" > wrote:

>quinces (look it up)

Some of us don't have to. But thanks for the entertainment value of
the mini-lecturettes, complete with spittle all over your screen.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:55:09 -0700, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:

>HOWever, I will soonish have the *entire* series on DVD; closeout
>special at A&E.com's online store right now, for $39.95 (US).

Cool. Note to Self: Cross "wife's birthday present" off of to-do
list.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:10:01 -0500, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-10-14, Marc Goodman > wrote:
>
>> I'll be glad to answer the question. What was it again?

>Are the weedy clots from ark the biggest buncha wets crossposting on
>usenet!?

No. For that, there's always alt.food.barbecue, with a heapin' helping
of racism thrown in for good measure.

Anything else we can help you with?

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 21:18:07 +0100, "adm" > wrote:

>It's all good.

Somehow your insipid bumper sticker ended up in your post. Maybe your
computer has the Phish virus.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-16, Missing Texas > wrote:

>> Speaking of egg-related gadgetry, I just remembered the TV ads years
>> ago for the Ronco inside-the-egg egg-scrambler --- has anyone here
>> ever bought, seen or used one?

> I actually have one. Used to use it to produce scrambled / boiled eggs back
> in the Atkins days. Works pretty good too.

I've heard that Ron invented it because he wanted hard-boiled eggs
with no unmixed white in them.

(No offence intended, Kevins.)
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"notbob" > wrote in message
. ..
> On 2006-10-16, Adam Funk > wrote:
>
> > Speaking of egg-related gadgetry, I just remembered the TV ads years
> > ago for the Ronco inside-the-egg egg-scrambler --- has anyone here
> > ever bought, seen or used one?

> Not me.
>
> But, I do remember back in the mid 70's staying with some friends who
> had a great little electric egg poacher. It was a Rival or Daisy or
> some such common brand and poached 4 eggs to in just 3-4 mins. You
> put the eggs in their little cups, similar ot the old stove-top
> pan-full-of-water poachers, and added a couple ozs of water to a
> little reservoir in the middle of the cooker. Put the lid on, switch
> on, eggs poach and unit turns itself off. Water is gone, eggs are
> perfect. It could hard or soft boil and the cups could be removed for
> cleaning so the unit never required immersion on water.
>
> Evidently, similar appliances are still available to cook eggs both in
> and out of the shell. Unfortunately, they all seemed to be designed
> to look like some sort of giant egg or pregnant mother ship or other
> ridiculously oversized lump. The poacher my friends had was only 7-8"
> dia and 5-6" tall with lid on. It could easily be stored in any
> cupboard or drawer.
>
> nb

OK, I have one of those too.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.religion.kibology.]
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 18:19:30 -0400, Otto Bahn
> wrote:
> "notbob" > wrote
>
>> > Can you rephrase that in English, please? I don't speak the
>> > Austrian dialect.

>> Are you suggesting Nigel Molesworth is Australian, you roter!?

> No. Why would you think that?

When you don't know a dialect, it's easy to mistake it for another one
you don't know.

--
Endless the world's turn, endless the sun's spinning
Endless the quest;
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:19:40 +0100, Adam Funk >
wrote:

>On 2006-10-16, Missing Texas > wrote:
>
>>> Speaking of egg-related gadgetry, I just remembered the TV ads years
>>> ago for the Ronco inside-the-egg egg-scrambler --- has anyone here
>>> ever bought, seen or used one?

>> I actually have one. Used to use it to produce scrambled / boiled eggs back
>> in the Atkins days. Works pretty good too.

>I've heard that Ron invented it because he wanted hard-boiled eggs
>with no unmixed white in them.
>
>(No offence intended, Kevins.)

It always comes back around to me being black with you people, doesn't
it?

Can't we all just get a lawn?

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:19:40 +0100, Adam Funk >
> wrote:

>>>I actually have one. Used to use it to produce scrambled / boiled eggs back
>>>in the Atkins days. Works pretty good too.

>>I've heard that Ron invented it because he wanted hard-boiled eggs
>>with no unmixed white in them.
>>
>>(No offence intended, Kevins.)

> It always comes back around to me being black with you people, doesn't
> it?
>
> Can't we all just get a lawn?

You get the hell outa my yard before I call your parents!

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-10-17, Kevin S Wilson > wrote:

> It always comes back around to me being black with you people, doesn't
> it?
>
> Can't we all just get a lawn?

LOL!....
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:11:53 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:10:01 -0500, notbob > wrote:
>
>>On 2006-10-14, Marc Goodman > wrote:
>>
>>> I'll be glad to answer the question. What was it again?

>>Are the weedy clots from ark the biggest buncha wets crossposting on
>>usenet!?

>No. For that, there's always alt.food.barbecue, with a heapin' helping
>of racism thrown in for good measure.
>
>Anything else we can help you with?

Why the Hell do I keep seeing your dumb fat ass, Kevvie? You occupy
the majority of the slots in my Bozo Bin, and yet here you are again.
Why don't you find a life somewhere? Preferably not here!

Harry
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:05:18 GMT, Harry Demidavicius >
wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:11:53 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
>wrote:

>>>Are the weedy clots from ark the biggest buncha wets crossposting on
>>>usenet!?

>>No. For that, there's always alt.food.barbecue, with a heapin' helping
>>of racism thrown in for good measure.
>>
>>Anything else we can help you with?

>Why the Hell do I keep seeing your dumb fat ass, Kevvie?

Which one of those incredibly lame insults is supposed to hurt my
feelings? Please try harder. I've seen greater creativity and
originality from 1st-graders.

>You occupy
>the majority of the slots in my Bozo Bin, and yet here you are again.

Sounds like you need to get one of the aforementioned 1st-graders to
explain to you how a killfile works then, bozo. I've posted with this
address and only this address for years and years, yet you seem
singularly unable to avoid seeing my posts. Worse yet, you seem to be
incapable of preventing yourself from reading them. Perhaps the
problem lies not with your killfile but with your lack of
self-control.

>Why don't you find a life somewhere? Preferably not here!

Did you ever stop to consider how futile it is to attempt to dictate
or even influence what gets posted to AFB, and by whom?

Here's an idea: If you don't like what you see in AFB, post what you
do like to see and encourage others to do likewise. At least you would
have some small measure of control over those endeavors, and you
wouldn't look so much like a petulant, sniveling crybaby, stamping
your feet and pouting because other people won't do what you demand
they do.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"Bill Marcum" > wrote

> >> Are you suggesting Nigel Molesworth is Australian, you roter!?

> > No. Why would you think that?
> >

> When you don't know a dialect, it's easy to mistake it for another one
> you don't know.

I'd think it be easier to mistake it for one you *do* know.
How would I know about dialects I don't know?

--oTTo--

Calvin Klein Bottles: Your ass is glass

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dan Dan is offline

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:55:09 -0700, Denny Wheeler
> > wrote:
>

>>HOWever, I will soonish have the *entire* series on DVD; closeout
>>special at A&E.com's online store right now, for $39.95 (US).

> Cool. Note to Self: Cross "wife's birthday present" off of to-do
> list.

Big spender...
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Adam Funk > mumbled something about::

> Being first in your town to have dry-boiled eggs? Either "priceless"
> or "who gives a fsck". YMMV; I'll stick with a Plan A.

When I was in Boy Scouts, we learned to cook eggs by coating them in damp
mud, then dropping them in campfire coals until the mud is nice and dry.

I also learned that when you forget about them and leave them for about a
half hour, the mud turnes rock hard, not allowing for the expansion of the
egg-like insides, leaving you with an explodiating hard-cooked hand
grenade.

--
"...The job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which
strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater

http://www.wiblovia.com - The Wiblovian Institute of Kibology
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"Wiblur the Once" > wrote

> > Being first in your town to have dry-boiled eggs? Either "priceless"
> > or "who gives a fsck". YMMV; I'll stick with a Plan A.

> When I was in Boy Scouts, we learned to cook eggs by coating them in damp
> mud, then dropping them in campfire coals until the mud is nice and dry.
>
> I also learned that when you forget about them and leave them for about a
> half hour, the mud turnes rock hard, not allowing for the expansion of the
> egg-like insides, leaving you with an explodiating hard-cooked hand
> grenade.

I tried microwaving a poached egg once. I was impressed with
how uniformly the inside of the microwave was coated with egg
whites, yolk, and shell.

Not one to be easily discouraged, I tried again with the egg
in a coffee cup of water. This simply added glass and water
to the equation.

--oTTo--
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default Nuclear eggs (was Dry-cleaning^Wboiling an egg.)

In article >,
"Otto Bahn" > wrote:

> "Wiblur the Once" > wrote
>
> > > Being first in your town to have dry-boiled eggs? Either "priceless"
> > > or "who gives a fsck". YMMV; I'll stick with a Plan A.

> > When I was in Boy Scouts, we learned to cook eggs by coating them in damp
> > mud, then dropping them in campfire coals until the mud is nice and dry.
> >
> > I also learned that when you forget about them and leave them for about a
> > half hour, the mud turnes rock hard, not allowing for the expansion of the
> > egg-like insides, leaving you with an explodiating hard-cooked hand
> > grenade.

> I tried microwaving a poached egg once. I was impressed with
> how uniformly the inside of the microwave was coated with egg
> whites, yolk, and shell.
>
> Not one to be easily discouraged, I tried again with the egg
> in a coffee cup of water. This simply added glass and water
> to the equation.
>
> --oTTo--

<lol>

There are actually special devices made for microwave poaching... they
are totally enclosed.

I used to have a pair of them and they worked quite well! They have
vanished in the mess somewhere. <sigh>

Note: Tiny URL now has a "preview" security feature so that will
hopefully make people more comfortable in viewing them!

http://preview.tinyurl.com/y7brld

That is one, here is another:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/u69hz
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 06:07:24 -0600, Wiblur the Once wrote:

>Adam Funk > mumbled something about::
>
>> Being first in your town to have dry-boiled eggs? Either "priceless"
>> or "who gives a fsck". YMMV; I'll stick with a Plan A.

>When I was in Boy Scouts, we learned to cook eggs by coating them in damp
>mud, then dropping them in campfire coals until the mud is nice and dry.

Some hippy *you* were, joining the Boy Scouts. My three brothers and I
found our Dad's 1936-era Boy Scouts' Manual and laughed our asses off
over the bullshit involved. We did, however, learn to tie knots from
that chapter. Oh, and starting fires without matches? Don't do it on a
windy day unless you *like* grass fires.

>I also learned that when you forget about them and leave them for about a
>half hour, the mud turnes rock hard, not allowing for the expansion of the
>egg-like insides, leaving you with an explodiating hard-cooked hand
>grenade.

So did you get a merit badge in cookery or fragging?

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Chris McGonnell > wrote:

> >I also learned that when you forget about them and leave them for about a
> >half hour, the mud turnes rock hard, not allowing for the expansion of the
> >egg-like insides, leaving you with an explodiating hard-cooked hand
> >grenade.

> So did you get a merit badge in cookery or fragging?
>
> --
> Chris McG.

<lol>

I was thinking it'd be a fun way to mess with a rival campfire.....

Might be dangerous tho'.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

On 13-Nov-2006, "Otto Bahn" > wrote:

> "Wiblur the Once" > wrote
>
> > > Being first in your town to have dry-boiled eggs? Either "priceless"
> > > or "who gives a fsck". YMMV; I'll stick with a Plan A.

> > When I was in Boy Scouts, we learned to cook eggs by coating them in
> > damp
> > mud, then dropping them in campfire coals until the mud is nice and dry.
> >
> > I also learned that when you forget about them and leave them for about
> > half hour, the mud turnes rock hard, not allowing for the expansion of
> > the
> > egg-like insides, leaving you with an explodiating hard-cooked hand
> > grenade.

> I tried microwaving a poached egg once. I was impressed with
> how uniformly the inside of the microwave was coated with egg
> whites, yolk, and shell.
>
> Not one to be easily discouraged, I tried again with the egg
> in a coffee cup of water. This simply added glass and water
> to the equation.
>
> --oTTo--

During one of my weaker brain farts, I did something like that. I
figured that if I immersed an egg in water, the water would sort
of insulate the egg and cause it to cook evenly and gently. "I
was impressed with how uniformly the inside of the microwave
was coated with egg whites, yolk, and shell." I was also
impressed with the shear volumn of the explosion that ensued.
Experiment conducted by expert chefs. Don't try this at home.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:18:09 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:
>There are actually special devices made for microwave poaching... they
>are totally enclosed.

They are called a custard cup or a small bowl, or a tea cup, or a
berry dish or you-get-the- idea covered with plastic wrap.
------------
There are no atheists in foxholes
or in Fenway Park in an extra inning
game.
____

Cape Cod Bob

Delete the two "spam"s for email
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

> wrote

> > Not one to be easily discouraged, I tried again with the egg
> > in a coffee cup of water. This simply added glass and water
> > to the equation.

> During one of my weaker brain farts, I did something like that. I
> figured that if I immersed an egg in water, the water would sort
> of insulate the egg and cause it to cook evenly and gently.

I too was given a harsh but lasting reminder as to how
microwaves really work.

> I was also
> impressed with the shear volumn of the explosion that ensued.

I'm happy my microwave still microwaves.

Twice!

--oTTo--

You gotta try this once

You know you can't resist

EGGPLOSION!

Do it in a convenience store

CSI Durham: Clowns gone bad
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 2006-11-13, Omelet > wrote:

> There are actually special devices made for microwave poaching... they
> are totally enclosed.
>
> I used to have a pair of them and they worked quite well! They have
> vanished in the mess somewhere. <sigh>
>
> Note: Tiny URL now has a "preview" security feature so that will
> hopefully make people more comfortable in viewing them!
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/y7brld
>
> That is one, here is another:
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/u69hz

I have one of these, but I only paid about £1 for it. It's pretty
good, although the dishwasher doesn't always get all the stuck bits of
egg out.

--
Hi this is Leila. I'm not here right now. So please leave your name,
number and a brief message and a time you called at the beep. And

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Otto Bahn" > wrote:

> You gotta try this once
>

> You know you can't resist
>

> EGGPLOSION!
>

> Do it in a convenience store
>

> CSI Durham: Clowns gone bad

<lol> One of my co-workers shared a fun convenience store microwave
story with me from when he (and his buddies) were young and stupid.

They had scored some fresh pot (MerryJane) and decided it'd be a cool
idea to try to quick dry it in a microwave at the 7-11.

It burned.

The rest is history. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Adam Funk > wrote:

> On 2006-11-13, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > There are actually special devices made for microwave poaching... they
> > are totally enclosed.
> >
> > I used to have a pair of them and they worked quite well! They have
> > vanished in the mess somewhere. <sigh>
> >
> > Note: Tiny URL now has a "preview" security feature so that will
> > hopefully make people more comfortable in viewing them!
> >
> > http://preview.tinyurl.com/y7brld
> >
> > That is one, here is another:
> >
> > http://preview.tinyurl.com/u69hz

> I have one of these, but I only paid about £1 for it. It's pretty
> good, although the dishwasher doesn't always get all the stuck bits of
> egg out.

So scrub it a bit. <G>
My dishwasher is a pair of hands, a scrubbie and a pan of hot soapy
water!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue,alt.elvis.king

Marc Goodman > wrote:
>notbob wrote:
>> On 2006-10-14, Marc Goodman > wrote:
>>>I'll be glad to answer the question. What was it again?

>> Are the weedy clots from ark the biggest buncha wets crossposting on usenet!?

>Possibly, but have you visited alt.elvis.king recently?

I really really think that talk.origins, and talk.politics.* in general, have
it ALL OVER US. _We'll_ stop when we get bored. They're just STARTING then.

>HTH, HAND, WTF

Dave "me too" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Posted to sci.lang,alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology

"Brian" > wrote

>>> crossposts to idiot nitwit groups deleted
>>>
>>> More garbage infection from the dimbulb kibology morons who fancy
>>> themselves
>>> clever.
>>>
>>> It seems that there is an argument for forced sterilization after all.

>> You certainly belong in the autoclave.

> Along with *all* of you kibols and dicks.

Polish sausage and spotted dick are yummy.

--oTTo--

cleaning Somebody General Cooking 6 05-10-2012 08:37 PM
Dry-cleaning^Wboiling an egg. Adam Funk General Cooking 67 07-01-2009 03:35 AM
Used cleaning product in self-cleaning oven - now what? Peter Lampione General Cooking 26 25-01-2007 02:41 PM
Cleaning the mop. [email protected] General Cooking 19 19-02-2005 02:16 AM
Cleaning a self-cleaning oven limey General Cooking 18 27-10-2003 05:54 AM