Posted to rec.food.baking

Default In the oven: Apple Cinnamon Gooey Butter Cake

Probably should have formulated this one myself, instead of going off an
existing recipe, the one I found works, but I've not got high hopes for it,
tho that could be because I used a 3lb block of cream cheese and cut off
where it said 8 lbs was, and may have not cut enough lol.
Posted to rec.food.baking

Excuse me while I heave. What is the link between apple, cinnamon and
butter cake - I would expect those to be the main ingredients. The thought
of cooking with cream cheese - uugh!!!

"Mike H" > wrote in message
. 130...
> Probably should have formulated this one myself, instead of going off an
> existing recipe, the one I found works, but I've not got high hopes for
> it,
> tho that could be because I used a 3lb block of cream cheese and cut off
> where it said 8 lbs was, and may have not cut enough lol.

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Mike H wrote:

> Probably should have formulated this one myself, instead of going off an
> existing recipe, the one I found works, but I've not got high hopes for it,
> tho that could be because I used a 3lb block of cream cheese and cut off
> where it said 8 lbs was, and may have not cut enough lol.

Well, I'm not leaving! Cream cheese in a butter cake sounds reasonable to
me, at least until we see the results and recipe!

Dave
Posted to rec.food.baking

"Viviane" > wrote in
:

> Excuse me while I heave. What is the link between apple, cinnamon and
> butter cake - I would expect those to be the main ingredients. The
> thought of cooking with cream cheese - uugh!!!

Then don't make one.
Posted to rec.food.baking

Dave Bell > wrote in
rea.net:

> Well, I'm not leaving! Cream cheese in a butter cake sounds reasonable
> to me, at least until we see the results and recipe!

It wasn't too bad, I think I'm going to play with it a bit before I post
the recipe though. Somehow, when I was putting the filling in, it seemed
to be lacking in volume, so either that needs to be fixed or I need to cut
back on the volume of apples. Also thinking of moving it to Apple Pear
Walunt Gooey.