Old 03-06-2006, 04:29 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Default How to create your own recipe

Hi. I'm new to the group. I love to bake and I was interested in
creating my own recipe. However, since I've never done this before I
need a few pointers. Does anyone know of any websites or books that
could help me with this? Thank you!

Old 06-06-2006, 11:40 PM posted to rec.food.baking

joce wrote:
Hi. I'm new to the group. I love to bake and I was interested in
creating my own recipe. However, since I've never done this before I
need a few pointers. Does anyone know of any websites or books that
could help me with this? Thank you!

In my opinion, the most helpful book for baking would be:
"Cookwise" by Shirley Corriher

Also check out: "On food and Cooking" by Harold McGee

These will give you information about how baking and cooking and
ingredients work, so you can alter or create recipes from a
knowledgeable standpoint, not just trial and error.

betsy

Old 08-06-2006, 06:40 AM posted to rec.food.baking

Mordechai Housman wrote:
Now THIS is a post that has helped me learn something useful! Thank you,
Betsy.

It only means one thing that you never had been able to create new
recipe but may have just made modifications of existing ones which you
claim as your own....

Old 08-06-2006, 08:37 AM posted to rec.food.baking

"betsy" wrote in news:1149633659.957330.289900
@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

In my opinion, the most helpful book for baking would be:
"Cookwise" by Shirley Corriher

That is unless/until Bakewise comes out I need to check and see what's
going on with that one...

create jobs Silat[_2_] Barbecue 1 18-02-2010 11:07 AM
Recipe makeovers: 5 ways to create healthy recipes Queensoccer[_2_] General Cooking 0 09-09-2007 03:23 PM
Create your Own Recipe Site for Free [email protected] General Cooking 0 09-09-2007 05:29 AM
How to create your own forum? adsf General Cooking 0 12-06-2007 03:22 PM
How to create your own recipe joce Baking 12 09-06-2006 05:49 AM