FoodBanter.com

-   -   How to create your own recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/93039-how-create-your-own.html)

joce 03-06-2006 04:29 PM

How to create your own recipe

Hi. I'm new to the group. I love to bake and I was interested in
creating my own recipe. However, since I've never done this before I
need a few pointers. Does anyone know of any websites or books that
could help me with this? Thank you!

betsy[_1_] 06-06-2006 11:40 PM

joce wrote:
> Hi. I'm new to the group. I love to bake and I was interested in
> creating my own recipe. However, since I've never done this before I
> need a few pointers. Does anyone know of any websites or books that
> could help me with this? Thank you!

In my opinion, the most helpful book for baking would be:
"Cookwise" by Shirley Corriher

Also check out: "On food and Cooking" by Harold McGee

These will give you information about how baking and cooking and
ingredients work, so you can alter or create recipes from a
knowledgeable standpoint, not just trial and error.

betsy

Mordechai Housman[_1_] 08-06-2006 05:26 AM

How to create your own recipe

Now THIS is a post that has helped me learn something useful! Thank you,
Betsy.

oups.com...

Chembake 08-06-2006 06:40 AM

Mordechai Housman wrote:
> Now THIS is a post that has helped me learn something useful! Thank you,
> Betsy.

It only means one thing that you never had been able to create new
recipe but may have just made modifications of existing ones which you
claim as your own....

Mike H 08-06-2006 08:37 AM

How to create your own recipe

"betsy" > wrote in news:1149633659.957330.289900
@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> In my opinion, the most helpful book for baking would be:
> "Cookwise" by Shirley Corriher

That is unless/until Bakewise comes out :) I need to check and see what's
going on with that one...

Mordechai Housman[_1_] 09-06-2006 05:48 AM

How to create your own recipe

<Smile> Okay. No problem.

oups.com...