Posted to rec.food.baking
openscreen

Default Christmas Cake Help Too Dry

I have baked a christmas cake, that is bone dry. What is the best way to
moisten it? without damaging the icing & decorations

Help please

Graham Mason

Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

"openscreen" > wrote in message
> I have baked a christmas cake, that is bone dry. What is the best way to
> moisten it? without damaging the icing & decorations

Server it with a sauce like crème anglaise. After a cake is decorated it is
too late to fix it. In an emergency, you can melt vanilla ice-cream as a
substitute for crème anglaise.

Posted to rec.food.baking
M. K.

Depending what you frosted it with you could sit it on a plate with brandy
or your choice of liquor. Or you could put it in a sealed container with
some apple slices at the sides. The cake will draw the moisture from the
liquor or the apple slices. I usually do not frost my fruit cakes, wrap
them in cheese cloth, pour liquor on them, seal them in plastic bag and
store in air tight metal tins. I have one that I stored two seasons ago and
is still very tasty and moist. I am not above adding a little more brandy
once in a while. I have frosted with martizpan after soaking but I find
that frosting is not necessary.
Mary
"openscreen" > wrote in message
>I have baked a christmas cake, that is bone dry. What is the best way to
> moisten it? without damaging the icing & decorations
>
> Help please
>
> Graham Mason

When Baking A Cake, How Can I Stop The Fruit (in a Christmas Cake)From Falling (Sinking) To *GED* General Cooking 47 11-12-2007 05:05 PM
REC: Christmas Cake PeterL General Cooking 0 15-12-2006 05:04 AM
Christmas Cake *~* Recipe Trader *~* Recipes (moderated) 0 30-11-2005 03:27 PM
Christmas Cake Daisy General Cooking 35 11-03-2004 11:12 AM
Christmas cake JMayo Baking 2 04-11-2003 01:51 AM