imabaker2

Default apple cake

I have a Jewish apple cake recipe thats really moist .Would you like to have it ?
Vox Humana

"imabaker2" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a Jewish apple cake recipe thats really moist .Would you like to

have it ?

Sure. I would like the recipe. Is there a reason that apple cake is a
Jewish thing?

Eric d'Entremont

So would I, thank you
"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "imabaker2" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I have a Jewish apple cake recipe thats really moist .Would you like to

> have it ?
>
> Sure. I would like the recipe. Is there a reason that apple cake is a
> Jewish thing?

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:16:14 -0400, "Eric d'Entremont"
> wrote:

>So would I, thank you
>"Vox Humana" > wrote in message
. ..

>> "imabaker2" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> > I have a Jewish apple cake recipe thats really moist .Would you like to

>> have it ?
>>
>> Sure. I would like the recipe. Is there a reason that apple cake is a
>> Jewish thing?

I don't have the recipe, but I'm Jewish so I can guess. It is
traditional at the Jewish New Year's to have apples dipped in honey -
symbols of wishing us a fruitful and sweet new year. While most
people make Honey Cake for the New Year, some people make Apple Cake
instead. It is very possible that the recipe has honey in it, which
would make it a perfect Jewish New Year's cake.

(HTH)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davida @ jdc . org . il>
Vox Humana

"Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" > wrote in
message ...
> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:16:14 -0400, "Eric d'Entremont"
> > wrote:
>
> >So would I, thank you
> >"Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >>
> >> "imabaker2" > wrote in message
> >> om...

> >> have it ?
> >>
> >> Sure. I would like the recipe. Is there a reason that apple cake is a
> >> Jewish thing?

> I don't have the recipe, but I'm Jewish so I can guess. It is
> traditional at the Jewish New Year's to have apples dipped in honey -
> symbols of wishing us a fruitful and sweet new year. While most
> people make Honey Cake for the New Year, some people make Apple Cake
> instead. It is very possible that the recipe has honey in it, which
> would make it a perfect Jewish New Year's cake.

Thanks. I was doing a search on apple cakes recently and found many Jewish
apple cake recipes. I knew there had to be a reason. Now, if I could only
find someone that could explain why the Easter bunny leaves chicken eggs

Mk3217

the easter bunny doesnt leave the chicken eggs thats just been put into our
heads as we grown up. the reason there are eggs is becuase in older times when
they used to fast for the holiday the kids would decorate eggs and would have
them to eat at the end of fasting as for the easter bunny i dont know where
he/she came from..maybe its a conspiracy that has to do with the cadberry cream
egg company haha jk.
Margaret Suran

Mk3217 wrote:

> the easter bunny doesnt leave the chicken eggs thats just been put into our
> heads as we grown up.

If it isn't the Easter Bunny, than who does leave them? Just wait until
next Easter and don't be surprised if you get nothing. The Easter Bunny
is a very sensitive fellow and you might have hurt his feelings. MS
Eric d'Entremont

"> The Easter bunny is MALE? That makes the egg thing even more
> intriguing....

He's male and the eggs are colored ,,,,,,,,,,,ummmmmmmmmm,, very interesting

Posted to rec.food.baking

IO think it's because all the other birds are either in trees and he can;t
climb, or they are too big for him to steal from!