Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

Default apple cake

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:16:14 -0400, "Eric d'Entremont"
> wrote:

>So would I, thank you
>"Vox Humana" > wrote in message
. ..

>> "imabaker2" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> > I have a Jewish apple cake recipe thats really moist .Would you like to

>> have it ?
>>
>> Sure. I would like the recipe. Is there a reason that apple cake is a
>> Jewish thing?

I don't have the recipe, but I'm Jewish so I can guess. It is
traditional at the Jewish New Year's to have apples dipped in honey -
symbols of wishing us a fruitful and sweet new year. While most
people make Honey Cake for the New Year, some people make Apple Cake
instead. It is very possible that the recipe has honey in it, which
would make it a perfect Jewish New Year's cake.

(HTH)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davida @ jdc . org . il>