Default Disappearing Oatmeal Cookies - lost recipe from Quaker Oat cannister

I'd been refilling the old Quaker Oats cannister with organic oats
bought in bulk, but still used the cookie recipe in the lid.

Alas, Hubby threw the container away when he emptied it.

Does anyone have the original recipe? The QO website recipe is called
"Famous" and looks different somehow. Missing cinnamon? or?

Appreciate your help,
auntiebk

Jenn Ridley

>I'd been refilling the old Quaker Oats cannister with organic oats
>bought in bulk, but still used the cookie recipe in the lid.
>
>Alas, Hubby threw the container away when he emptied it.
>
>Does anyone have the original recipe? The QO website recipe is called
>"Famous" and looks different somehow. Missing cinnamon? or?

There's at least a dozen oatmeal cookie recipes on the QuakerOats
site. I think the one you want is called _Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies_

(cut and pasted from
www.quakeroats.com)

vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies

ingredients
1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins

preparation
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until
creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking
soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on
cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly
covered.

Servings: ABOUT 4 DOZEN

variations
Bar Cookies: Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking
pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool
completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly
covered,24 BARS

VARIATIONS: Stir in 1 cup chopped nuts. Substitute 1 cup semisweet
chocolate chips or candy-coated chocolate pieces for raisins; omit
cinnamon.
Substitute 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit.

HIGH ALTITUDE ADJUSTMENT: Increase flour to 1-3/4 cups and bake as
directed.
--
Jenn Ridley :