sarah bennett

TMG wrote:
> sarah bennett wrote:
>
>> Otto Bahn wrote:
>>
>>> "AlleyGator" > wrote

>>> She might just be new at the usenet, but maybe
>>> I do have some egg on my head. She sent me an
>>> email that just said "YHBT. HTH. HAND." What
>>> the hell is that all about?
>>>
>>> --oTTo--
>>>

>> she's making fun of you for defining a newsreader as "just a part of
>> your web browser (IE, Netscape, etc)"
>>
>> the acronym is "You Have Been Trolled. Hope That Helps. Have A Nice Day."
>>
>> and, oh yeah, google is your friend.

> Sorry, what was "YHBT"?
>
> HTH, HAND.

ok, i give up. it seems the only attitude one can have on usenet is
snotty bitch or newbie, apparently.

HTH. heh.
--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß
AlleyGator

sarah bennett > wrote:

>ok, i give up. it seems the only attitude one can have on usenet is
>snotty bitch or newbie, apparently.

I think you seem to be the only one acting the part of snotty b****
here, Shelly. For the life of me, I can't figure out how someone
thinks that what you did is funny, let alone sending the guy an email
to let him know you're bored and juvenile enoughto to not only troll,
but admit it and be proud of it. That's a shame, too, because I liked
your art. I spent some time getting the food links together for you,
so at least I hope you can make use of those. Now, maybe we should
all just step back and forget it. I think you might enjoy hanging out
here once in a while if you'd give it a chance. Might learn something
too - I have.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
AlleyGator

shelly > wrote:

>actually, i *am* looking for a good vegetarian recipe for black-eyed
>peas. a friend of mine made them in a sort of stir-fry, mixed with
>cabbage and onions, and it was really good.

At least one or two of the links were vegetarian, I think. That's
clever - vegetarian black-eyed peas.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
Mike Avery

Matthew L. Martin wrote:

> Pizza was served at a recent working lunch with a visiting Indian
> engineer. There was a vegetarian pizza available, but the Indian
> engineer declared that the chicken on the BBQ chicken pizza was not meat.

Every year the orthodox owners of the furniture factory where I worked
after I got out of college took the office staff to a local restaurant
for Christmas dinner.

Every year the wife of the owner ordered lobster.

I'm not sure what the deal was. Part of me thinks it was a feeling of,
"nothing I eat here is kosher, so I might as well go all the way",
another part wonders if you celebrate a Christian holiday with a bunch
of unbelievers if suddenly lobster is kosher.

All of us have our little inconsistencies.

The restaurant's bread was very good..... at least it fit the usual
definition of good restaurant bread. It was freshly heated on premises....

Mike

Otto Bahn

"shelly" > wrote

> now you're starting to sound kooky. Otto was the one who e-mailed that
> porn to me, not the other way around.

I did?! Are you SURE?! I don't remember sending
you porn. I must have a virus or something.

> >That's a shame, too, because I liked
> >your art.

> thank you. it's not mine, but i'll tell my daughter you liked it.

I hope she didn't put my porn on the internet. Some
of that is personal. Please delete it.

--oTTo--

sarah bennett

AlleyGator wrote:
> sarah bennett > wrote:
>

>>ok, i give up. it seems the only attitude one can have on usenet is
>>snotty bitch or newbie, apparently.

> I think you seem to be the only one acting the part of snotty b****
> here, Shelly. For the life of me, I can't figure out how someone
> thinks that what you did is funny, let alone sending the guy an email
> to let him know you're bored and juvenile enoughto to not only troll,
> but admit it and be proud of it. That's a shame, too, because I liked
> your art. I spent some time getting the food links together for you,
> so at least I hope you can make use of those. Now, maybe we should
> all just step back and forget it. I think you might enjoy hanging out
> here once in a while if you'd give it a chance. Might learn something
> too - I have.

um, I am not shelly. please pay attention

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß
AlleyGator

sarah bennett > wrote:

>um, I am not shelly. please pay attention

Sorry Sarah. Now that explains what she meant by "blaming" you - that
was confusing. Got my followups confused.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.

David DeLaney

AlleyGator > wrote:
>sarah bennett > wrote:
>>um, I am not shelly. please pay attention

>Sorry Sarah. Now that explains what she meant by "blaming" you - that
>was confusing. Got my followups confused.

No, that's obviously a missspelling of "blamming", as we here in a.r.k. live
in fear of inadvertent punning.

Dave "advertent or adipose punning, now that has a different Obvious Bag
attached" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Shaun aRe

"AlleyGator" > wrote in message
> sarah bennett > wrote:
>
> >ok, i give up. it seems the only attitude one can have on usenet is
> >snotty bitch or newbie, apparently.

> I think you seem to be the only one acting the part of snotty b****
> here, Shelly. For the life of me, I can't figure out how someone
> thinks that what you did is funny, let alone sending the guy an email
> to let him know you're bored and juvenile enoughto to not only troll,
> but admit it and be proud of it. That's a shame, too, because I liked
> your art. I spent some time getting the food links together for you,
> so at least I hope you can make use of those. Now, maybe we should
> all just step back and forget it. I think you might enjoy hanging out
> here once in a while if you'd give it a chance. Might learn something
> too - I have.

Uhhmm, it was Sarah Bennet wrote that Alley, not Shelly!

Shaun aRe

I just keep finding these old recipes Kalmia General Cooking 0 16-12-2013 04:14 PM
Finding Old Recipes jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 10 21-07-2011 04:56 AM
Finding a cause. Roy Boy Winemaking 0 27-11-2005 01:44 AM
Finding Recipes Otto Bahn General Cooking 240 30-06-2005 05:52 PM