pheasant

Default 6 inch pie plates?

As the kids leave we find a full 9" pie to be too much for 2 people.
The little 4" minis are a nuiscance to work with, and am wondering if anyone
has or would know where to find something in the middle size wise.
Thanks
Mark

Vox Humana

"pheasant" > wrote in message
> As the kids leave we find a full 9" pie to be too much for 2 people.
> The little 4" minis are a nuiscance to work with, and am wondering if

anyone
> has or would know where to find something in the middle size wise.
> Thanks
> Mark

Sur la Table has mini pie pans:
http://www.surlatable.com/common/pro...m?PRRFNBR=9953
http://www.surlatable.com/common/pro...fm?PRRFNBR=181
http://www.surlatable.com/common/pro...?PRRFNBR=12220

Gregory H.A. Welch

pheasant wrote:

> As the kids leave we find a full 9" pie to be too much for 2 people.
> The little 4" minis are a nuiscance to work with, and am wondering if anyone
> has or would know where to find something in the middle size wise.
> Thanks
> Mark

I bought about 4 smaller Pyrex pans at a Corning/Revere Ware Outlet
several years ago and wish I had bought twice as many--I love them for
pumpkin pie as they are deeper than most metal pans. I have only seen
that size at the outlet and the ones near me have closed. I don't know,
but you might be able to scare them up on the internet.

PAX!
Greg
pheasant

Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> Sur la Table has mini pie pans:
> http://www.surlatable.com/common/pro...m?PRRFNBR=9953
> http://www.surlatable.com/common/pro...fm?PRRFNBR=181

The second link looks like just the ticket. Ordered 2 last night.

Thanks!!
Mark

Mary

I have found those pie plates at the hardware store (specifically, Ace
Hardware). Look in the section where canning supplies and cast iron
pans are sold. Pyrex makes them, and they're great! As to adjusting
a recipe, I don't do that -- a filling for a regular 8" or 9" pie just
makes up a bit taller, which is wonderful for a fruit pie.

"Gregory H.A. Welch" > wrote in message >...
> pheasant wrote:
> >
> > As the kids leave we find a full 9" pie to be too much for 2 people.
> > The little 4" minis are a nuiscance to work with, and am wondering if anyone
> > has or would know where to find something in the middle size wise.
> > Thanks
> > Mark

> I bought about 4 smaller Pyrex pans at a Corning/Revere Ware Outlet
> several years ago and wish I had bought twice as many--I love them for
> pumpkin pie as they are deeper than most metal pans. I have only seen
> that size at the outlet and the ones near me have closed. I don't know,
> but you might be able to scare them up on the internet.
>
> PAX!
> Greg

Hitachi NR83A2 Round Head 2-inch to 3-1/4-inch Framing Nailer [email protected] Diabetic 1 29-11-2011 10:05 AM
Big 10 inch notbob General Cooking 82 16-08-2010 03:23 PM
SK Hand Tools 48975 1/4-inch Drive Tuff 1 Reversible Ratchet 6-inch [email protected] Diabetic 0 22-05-2009 11:37 AM
Makita 9924DB 7.8 Amp 3-Inch by 24-Inch Belt Sander with Cloth Dust Bag [email protected] Tea 0 22-05-2009 03:00 AM
Hot plates Mario Lanza General Cooking 2 10-11-2006 10:00 PM