Old 20-10-2003, 12:53 AM
Darrell Grainger

Default non-alkalized cocoa in Toronto, Canada?

I have a recipe that requires non-alkalized cocoa. I've looked around and
cannot find a store that carries it. Does anyone know of a store in the
Greater Toronto Area (GTA) that carries natural cocoa?

I know I can use cream of tartar or lemon juice to increase the acidity
but I'd like to make the dessert according to the original recipe.

TIA,
Darrell

Don't send e-mail to

Old 20-10-2003, 02:17 AM
jlh

Both Fry''s and Hershey's are available in most grocery stores in
Toronto.

Old 20-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Darrell Grainger

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, jlh wrote:

Both Fry''s and Hershey's are available in most grocery stores in
Toronto.

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, all versions of Fry's cocoa I have found are the alkalized
version (dutch processed). I have not seen any Hershey's. I've tried
Sobey's, Fortino's and all the smaller stores in my area. I'm going to try
Loblaws next.

Don't send e-mail to

Old 23-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Darrell Grainger

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Mid wrote:

Zellers usually carries Hersheys cocoa. Also the only place I've seen Hersheys
low fat cocoa.

Thanks for the reply. I would have never thought to try Zellers. I almost
never go into stores like Zellers. I actually found the cocoa powder I was
looking for a specialty grocery store (Whole Food Market) down town.