Aileen

Default ISO: Odd sized baking tin

Hi all:
I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for
several British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8
inch and have to adjust times and such.
Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??

Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)

Mary

Aileen wrote:
> Hi all:
> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for
> several British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8
> inch and have to adjust times and such.
> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>
> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)

Aileen,

Try he http://cooksdream.com/ I've found all sorts of hard to find
pans on this site (including the "cocktail rye" pullman pan) and the
prices are really reasonable. They sell a 7" x 2" cake pan for $5.60
and the 7" x 3" pan for $7.00 plus shipping/taxes, etc.

Good luck

Mary
Mary

Aileen wrote:
> Hi all:
> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for
> several British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8
> inch and have to adjust times and such.
> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>
> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)

Aileen,

Try he http://cooksdream.com/ I've found all sorts of hard to find
pans on this site (including the "cocktail rye" pullman pan) and the
prices are really reasonable. They sell a 7" x 2" cake pan for $5.60
and the 7" x 3" pan for $7.00 plus shipping/taxes, etc.

Good luck

Mary
Aileen

Thanks Mary !!!
This sounds great.
Aileen

Mary wrote:

> Aileen wrote:
>
>> Hi all:
>> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for
>> several British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an
>> 8 inch and have to adjust times and such.
>> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>>
>> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)
>>

> Aileen,
>
> Try he http://cooksdream.com/ I've found all sorts of hard to find
> pans on this site (including the "cocktail rye" pullman pan) and the
> prices are really reasonable. They sell a 7" x 2" cake pan for $5.60
> and the 7" x 3" pan for $7.00 plus shipping/taxes, etc.
>
> Good luck
>
> Mary

Aileen

Thanks Mary !!!
This sounds great.
Aileen

Mary wrote:

> Aileen wrote:
>
>> Hi all:
>> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for
>> several British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an
>> 8 inch and have to adjust times and such.
>> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>>
>> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)
>>

> Aileen,
>
> Try he http://cooksdream.com/ I've found all sorts of hard to find
> pans on this site (including the "cocktail rye" pullman pan) and the
> prices are really reasonable. They sell a 7" x 2" cake pan for $5.60
> and the 7" x 3" pan for $7.00 plus shipping/taxes, etc.
>
> Good luck
>
> Mary

graham

"Aileen" > wrote in message
> Hi all:
> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for several
> British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8 inch and
> have to adjust times and such.
> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>
> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)

I have a table in an old cookbook that lists the weights of ingredients
needed for xmas cakes for different tin sizes, round and square. I could
scan and e-mail it to you if it is of any use. I found it useful when I was
making cakes for presents and wanted to use all the tins in my cupboard.
Graham

graham

"Aileen" > wrote in message
> Hi all:
> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for several
> British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8 inch and
> have to adjust times and such.
> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>
> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)

I have a table in an old cookbook that lists the weights of ingredients
needed for xmas cakes for different tin sizes, round and square. I could
scan and e-mail it to you if it is of any use. I found it useful when I was
making cakes for presents and wanted to use all the tins in my cupboard.
Graham

Vox Humana

"Aileen" > wrote in message
> Hi all:
> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for
> several British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8
> inch and have to adjust times and such.
> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>
> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)

Sugarcraft has 7 inch pans in 1,2,and 3 inch depths. I buy from them
because they are a local store from me and I know they are reliable. You
can order from their website. Look for the "pan" tab on the left and then
select "round" pans.
www.sugarcraft.com

Vox Humana

"Aileen" > wrote in message
> Hi all:
> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for
> several British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8
> inch and have to adjust times and such.
> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>
> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)

Sugarcraft has 7 inch pans in 1,2,and 3 inch depths. I buy from them
because they are a local store from me and I know they are reliable. You
can order from their website. Look for the "pan" tab on the left and then
select "round" pans.
www.sugarcraft.com

Aileen

Hi Graham:
Thanks for this offer, but I think I shall order a seven inch pan that
my recipes call for. The table does sound very useful at the Holidays
Thanks, Aileen

graham wrote:
> "Aileen" > wrote in message
>
>>Hi all:
>> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for several
>>British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8 inch and
>>have to adjust times and such.
>>Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>>
>>Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)
>>

> I have a table in an old cookbook that lists the weights of ingredients
> needed for xmas cakes for different tin sizes, round and square. I could
> scan and e-mail it to you if it is of any use. I found it useful when I was
> making cakes for presents and wanted to use all the tins in my cupboard.
> Graham

Aileen

graham wrote:
> "Aileen" > wrote in message
>
>>Hi all:
>> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for several
>>British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8 inch and
>>have to adjust times and such.
>>Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>>
>>Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)
>>

> I have a table in an old cookbook that lists the weights of ingredients
> needed for xmas cakes for different tin sizes, round and square. I could
> scan and e-mail it to you if it is of any use. I found it useful when I was
> making cakes for presents and wanted to use all the tins in my cupboard.
> Graham

Mary

graham wrote:

> "Aileen" > wrote in message
>
>>Hi all:
>> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for several
>>British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8 inch and
>>have to adjust times and such.
>>Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>>
>>Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)
>>

> I have a table in an old cookbook that lists the weights of ingredients
> needed for xmas cakes for different tin sizes, round and square. I could
> scan and e-mail it to you if it is of any use. I found it useful when I was
> making cakes for presents and wanted to use all the tins in my cupboard.
> Graham

Graham,

I would be interested in that chart. I tried sending you an "offlist
email" requesting the information but it was bounced back from your isp

I often find myself having to use all my baking tins for my
holiday packages and during this time of the year, the numbers in the
math do things that are exceedingly hard to predict.

Thanks and best of the Holiday Season to you,

Mary
Mary

graham wrote:

> "Aileen" > wrote in message
>
>>Hi all:
>> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for several
>>British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8 inch and
>>have to adjust times and such.
>>Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>>
>>Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)
>>

> I have a table in an old cookbook that lists the weights of ingredients
> needed for xmas cakes for different tin sizes, round and square. I could
> scan and e-mail it to you if it is of any use. I found it useful when I was
> making cakes for presents and wanted to use all the tins in my cupboard.
> Graham

Graham,

I would be interested in that chart. I tried sending you an "offlist
email" requesting the information but it was bounced back from your isp

I often find myself having to use all my baking tins for my
holiday packages and during this time of the year, the numbers in the
math do things that are exceedingly hard to predict.

Thanks and best of the Holiday Season to you,

Mary
Rehn

"Aileen" > wrote in message =
> Hi all:
> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for=20
> several British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an =

8=20
> inch and have to adjust times and such.
> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>=20
> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)
>=20

I have the opposite problem to you - I live in the UK and our pans and =
ready made pie crusts are 7 inch and all/most the recipes on the =
internet are for 9 inch - especially pies - i always land up with left =
over pie filling when using a ready made crust ( I use them alot as I =
seem to have a defiency in pastry making! lol)
Rehn=20

---
Rehn

"Aileen" > wrote in message =
> Hi all:
> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for=20
> several British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an =

8=20
> inch and have to adjust times and such.
> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>=20
> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)
>=20

I have the opposite problem to you - I live in the UK and our pans and =
ready made pie crusts are 7 inch and all/most the recipes on the =
internet are for 9 inch - especially pies - i always land up with left =
over pie filling when using a ready made crust ( I use them alot as I =
seem to have a defiency in pastry making! lol)
Rehn=20

---

Pan Ohco

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:39:55 +0000 (UTC), "Rehn"
> wrote:

>"Aileen" > wrote in message news:ucFud.21003$Ya4.4851@edtnps84...
>> Hi all:
>> I am trying to locate a source for a 7 inch (18 cm) cake pan for
>> several British recipes that I want to make. I do not want to go to an 8
>> inch and have to adjust times and such.
>> Any ideas for odd sized cake pans??
>>
>> Sincerely, Aileen (steaming puds right now)
>>

>I have the opposite problem to you - I live in the UK and our pans
>and ready made pie crusts are
>7 inch and all/most the recipes on the internet are for 9 inch -
>especially pies - i always land up with left over pie filling when
>using a ready made crust ( I use them alot as I seem to have a defiency in pastry making! lol)
>Rehn

Assuming the same depth in both pans, would not 7/8 th of a recipe be
approximate, and time similarly shortened. It would be at least a
start for an experiment.

Pan Ohco

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a
Book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
--Assyrian stone tablet, c. 2800 B.C.
Dave Bell

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Pan Ohco wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:39:55 +0000 (UTC), "Rehn"
> > wrote:
>
> >I have the opposite problem to you - I live in the UK and our pans
> >and ready made pie crusts are
> >7 inch and all/most the recipes on the internet are for 9 inch -
> >especially pies - i always land up with left over pie filling when
> >using a ready made crust ( I use them alot as I seem to have a defiency in pastry making! lol)
> >Rehn

> Assuming the same depth in both pans, would not 7/8 th of a recipe be
> approximate, and time similarly shortened. It would be at least a
> start for an experiment.
>
> Pan Ohco

Assuming constant depth, it would be closer to 5/8 of the recipe size:
The area ratio is 7*7/9*9 = 49/81 = 4.8/8
If the 9 inch pan was deeper, it would be even farther off...

Dave

Odd sized jars? gloria.p Preserving 19 19-07-2010 09:09 PM
Baking times for various sized containers maxine in ri General Cooking 1 30-01-2007 03:08 AM
Bite-Sized Mushroom Tartlets Duckie ® Recipes 0 15-11-2005 02:39 AM
ISO: Unusual Sized baking pan HELP!!! Aileen General Cooking 10 11-12-2004 06:55 PM